Table for 5 (Part 1)

The New Room Mate

Previously on "The New Room Mate"

 

(Donghae's POV)

But a cold hand caught mine before I could walk away.

"Please stay." Youngshin looked at me with pleading eyes. She scooted over and I lay down on the free space of her bed. My body was stiff and I couldn't know how to think straight. We've never been this close.

"Okay, I'll stay... don't cry." I stuttered out. She nodded and cuddled to my side. She was wrapped in her blanket. 

A few minutes passed... I looked at Youngshin. She looks so peaceful in her sleep, a smile tugged at the end of my lips. I still felt so nervous... She hugged me tight and I stayed there.

I closed my eyes and got some sleep as well.

Youngshin's POV

I woke up with a pair of arms around my waist, a warm breath fanning my neck. I've somehow had goosebumps as I felt this. I slowly opened ny eyes and saw Donghae sleeping next to me.

WHAT?! When did he-- Ah, nevermind... Now I remember what happened last night. I cried like a fool again. I blinked my eyes twice and examined Donghae's face. This was the guy I was in love with before. Slowly my index finger traced his perfect features, his forehed, down to the bridge of his nose, and lastly, his perfect lips that were slightly agape. I giggled to myself as I realized how much he looks like a kid when he sleeps. Being in his embrace was comfortable, I felt safe. Despite the fact that I always hated skinship when it came to him. I lay there for a while and and cuddle next to Donghae.

"Youngshin..." He mumbled incoherently. Aish! He might've caught me staring at him. Staring? I mean, looking at him... for a long period of time. Anyway, I immediately pretended to sleep. He hugged me tighter and buried his head on my neck. I felt uneasy all of a sudden. My breathing also became uneasy. I peeked at Donghae's face.

Thank goodness he was still asleep. I sighed in relief and moved a bit so that I faced him now.

Donghae-ya, remember Valentines' Day when we were in middle school? Remember? You kept my heart beating like crazy. Remember when he hugged? A smile crept on my lips as I recalled the memory. I don't exactly why, but it makes my heart flutter when I think about it. I don't want to go back to those days. Instead, I'm trying to forget everything. But this guy beside me is making it difficult! Why do you have to be so charming?

Donghae's POV

"Youngshin..." Her name poured from my lips in a silent tone, saying this made me open my eyes. I furrowed my eyebrows and an angel's face welcomed me. I smiled as I looked at Youngshin's angelic face while sleeping. My arms were still securely wrapped  around her. 

I tuck her hair behind her ear and looked at her face once again. My heart beat faster as I stayed like this. My hands trailed to her soft pink lips.

Slowly, I press my lips to hers and quickly pulled away, shocked from what I did. Did I just-- I kissed her?

I shook my head and slowly got up from the bed.

"What did I do?!" I punched a pillow as I got in my room and sat down on my bed. Aish! Donghae! What if she wasn't asleep?! Babo! I smacked my right cheek and threw the pillow across the room. 

I heard a door close and as I stepped out of my room, I heard the shower turn on. It must be her. Obviously. I don't know, but I kept walking in circles infront of the bathroom's door and kept sighing.

Aish Donghae! I mentally smacked and scolded myself. Reluctantly, I knocked on the bathroom's door.

"Youngshin-ah?" I called out, and cleared my throat, trying to act as cool as possible. No one answered.

"Ehem, Youngshin-ah?" I called out again.

"What?" I heard the shower turn off and Youngshin was all dressed up as she got out of the bathroom and headed to the kitchen, grabbing a banana from the table. I followed her and tried to make a scheme on how to find out if she knew about the kiss.

"What?" She asked coldly, as she took a bite of the banana and threw the peel in the trash bin.

I rubbed my neck out of nervousness.

"Do you-- Uhm... By any chance... Do you-- uhmm..." I stuttered out. She raised her eyebrows.

"Uhm... Can I borrow your-- toothpaste?" I finally asked and mentally facedpalmed myself after hearing what I said. C'm Donghae, toothpaste?

"Uhm, sure... it's at the bathroom's sink." She answered and wasn't suspicious at anything, even at my lame question.

"Okay, thanks." I smiled and locked myself in the bathroom. I was actually staring at her toothpaste, and shook my head.

 Aish, thank goodness she wasn't aware of it at all. I turn on the tap and washed my face.

"Donghae-ya, I'll be leaving first." She knocked on the door. 

"Yeah." I answered and heard the front door close.

Youngshin's POV

Well... that was unusual for Donghae today. I carried my bag on one shoulder and went down the stairs... I was overthinking... and something flashbacked in my mind... a thing that happened this morning... Donghae kissed me. My cheeks suddenly turned red and I touched my lips.

Aish, aish. It was nothing... Yeah, that kiss was nothing. And I shouldn't be bothered by it at all. I walked in the campus and was on my way to room 11-A when I suddenly heard Kyuhyun's voice.

"Uhm yeah, I'll be glad to tour you around sometime." Kyuhyun's voice kept sounded clearer to me as I backup a few rooms and peeked into the room where his voice was the closest. My eyes widened and jealousy flushed in me as I saw Kyuhyun talking to a girl, he had a big smile on his face as they talked. I know it's bad to eavesdrop on somebody's conversation, but I was too intrigued.

"Okay Kyuhyun oppa," She giggled. Kyuhyun held her hand, my heart stopped.

"Neh, oppa?" She was obviously blushing. 

"Your hands... do you do pottery?" Kyuhyun smiled again. AISH KYUHYUN, DON'T HOLD HER HANDS -_-

"How did you know? Yes, I actually have a studio down in Apgujeong." She smiled.

"I should drop by then." Kyuhyun retrieved his hands and both of them started talking again. I felt my heartbreak. Kyuhyun acted so nice. I was jealous! I was sulking, and dragged my feet to 11-A, and took a seat, seeing Donghae at his seat as well. He had his earphones on and kept tapping his fingers on the table.

3 minutes...

"Good morning..." The professor greeted and we all stood up and bowed our heads and greeted good morning as well. After taking our seats, a girl peeked inside the room and greeted the professor.

"Good morning sir, is this College Algebra 11-A?" The girl asked. She was the girl Kyuhyun was talking too. I spotted Kyuhyun with a huge grin on his face. Aish, I felt jealous again. On the other hand, Donghae was scribbling random lines  on his notebook.

"Ah, we were expecting you. Please introduce yourself." The professor scanned through the papers, and the girl stepped in the middle of the room.

"Annyeong Haseyo, Victoria Song imnida." She bowed. 

"I just moved in from Beijing 6 months ago, so I'm sorry if I still talk broken Korean." She giggled and flashed a smile. Well, she seemed nice. Let's see...

"Please treat Ms. Song well, and I'll guess we'll see you around campus. You could sit next to..." The professor, searched for empty seats, and apparently, I was the one who didn't have a seatmate. Oh, I'm dead.

"Yes, Ms. Song, please sit next to Ms. Park.." He directed the seat, and Victoria followed. She looked so pretty and omg I fell in love with her shoes and her bag. This girl has a great sense of fashion.

"Hello.." Victoria turned to me and waved. I smiled "Hello," I waved and turned back to the lesson. Wow, this is awkward. Wait Youngshin... She might turn out to be one of your first friends here in the campus. I thought to myself.

"I'm Victoria... And you are?" She smiled at me again, I was weirded out because I didn't know how to act. Ugh, I was still jealous between Kyuhyun and her. UGH, I DON'T KNOW.

"I'm Youngshin." I smiled again and once again turned back to my book. The whole lesson went on and Algebra was still a big blur for me. Well, at least I understood some parts of the lesson. XD

Class ended and I stood up, carrying my bag on one shoulder, when somebody tapped my shoulder.

"Neh?" I turned around.
"I hope we could be friends, since I only have a few. Well, nice meeting you Youngshin, Bye " She waved and headed straight to the door before I could answer anything.

"So you've met Victoria, she's nice huh." Kyuhyun said.

"How long have you been standing there?" I scratched my head, he laughed.

"Just now, so Youngshin... I have something to ask you." Kyuhyun flashed a smile. I tried to hide my blush. OMO OMO OMO.

"Go for it."

"So... Mr. Chae told me that I'm gonna be your Math tutor from now on." He said, I was slightly embarassed but at the same time excited about it.

"Yep, I at math... apparently." I admitted. 

"It isn't that hard, don't worry, I'll teach you anyway." He pinched my cheek and smiled. GAH, HE'S GOTTA STOP DOING THIS <3

"Oh, neh." I smiled in return.

"Kyuhyun oppa," Victoria called from the door. I turned around.

"I guess I'll catch you later." Kyuhyun patted my shoulder and went to Victoria.

"Someone's jealous." I could hear a smirk from Donghae's voice. WHY THE HECK DO PEOPLE KEEP POPPING UP BESIDE ME.

"How long have you been standing there?"

"Just now." He smirked again.

"Somebody's jealous." He repeated, the smirk still stayed on his lips. 

"I heard you the first time. And, NO, I'm not jealous at all." I rolled my eyes at him and exited the room. Donghae followed me.

"What do you want?" I turned to face him. He pouted cutely and turned his head to the side a bit.

"I'm hungry." He still pouted.

"Aish, so am I. Ppali, let's eat now." 

***

Walking to a restaurant near Apgujeong.

"Assa! My aegyo worked on you!" He threw his fist in the air as the both of us walked.

"Haha," I laughed sarcastically.

"Aniyo, your aegyo has no effect on me." I mehronged him :P

"Does it really hurt to admit it?" He continued to tease me and made a "bbuing bbuing" expression. I laughed and was to do aegyo myself until Donghae stopped walking and I looked at Donghae wondering why he stopped walking and then I looked at where he was looking at.

It was Jessica. She smiled at the both of us and stood there.

"Jessica." Was all Donghae managed to say.

"It seems like the two of you are having fun, neh?" Jessica, imitated the "bbuing bbuing" aegyo Donghae did a while ago. Donghae cleared his throat. Both of us didn't answer.

"Donghae oppa, where are you staying now? At the dorms?" She only gave her attention to Donghae. It was as if I didn't exist at the time.

"Uhm.. I-, Neh, I'm living at one of the dorms near campus..." Donghae answered awkwardly and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Oh, and you Youngshin?" Jessica faked a smile and acted like hi-i'm-nice-even-though-i'm-really-not.

"At one of the dorms... too." I answered, obviously leaving the part where I'm actually living in a dorm with Donghae -_-

"And you, Jessica?"

"Ah oppa, I'm staying at Daddy's house 5 blocks near the campus. Oppa, If you're feeling uncomfortable at the dorm, our house has an extra room and you're more than welcome to stay with us." She acted sweetly.

"Ah, thank you... but..." Donghae looked at me. WHY THE HECK WOULD YOU LOOK AT ME, I DON'T CARE IF YOU GO WITH JESSICA OR NOT.

"I'm really happy staying at my dorm... So.. uhm but thanks for asking though." He politely declined her offer and Jessica just smiled.

"Oh, okay oppa. Bye. I need to meet daddy at the company. Annyeong!" She used aegyo -_-

"Bbuing Bbuing" I teased and rolled my eyes at him, my turn for the aegyo battle. LOLOL.

"Haha," He was the one who laughed sarcastically now.

"Somebody's acting like a sweet couple now." Someone laughed.

I stopped instantly as I heard whose voice it was. OH MY GOSH, IT WAS KYUHYUN... with Victoria.

AND THEN AGAIN, WHY THE HECK AM I UNEXPECTEDLY MEETING ALL THESE PEOPLE.

"Oh It's Youngshin!" Victoria, said in a cheery tone.

"Oh, I didn't know you had a boyfriend." She added.

"Kyuhyun-ah! Victoria! Ah! Aniyo! He's not-- We're not--" I shook my head and smiled awkwardly. I heard Donghae laugh a bit.

"He's not my boyfriend." I finally said, pouting. Kyuhyun giggled at my expression and pinched my cheek again.

Anyway, I guess they were gonna have lunch too.

"The same goes to you dongsaeng, is she your girlfriend?" Donghae smirked-smiled IDK. Kyuhyun froze.

"Ah, aniyo, I'm just touring her around... She's a new student. Weren't you in class a while ago?"

Donghae just nodded.

"My name's Victoria." She shook hands with Donghae.

"I'm Donghae." He flashed a charming smile.

"So, are you guys heading to lunch?" Kyuhyun cleared his throat. We all turned to him.

"Neh, and you guys?" Donghae asked. Kyuhyun nodded.

"Well, let's just go and eat lunch together!" Victoria suggested.

"That would be nice." Kyuhyun agreed.

"Omo, let me call my friend. She haven't had lunch yet too." She brought out her cellphone from her bag and scrolled down.

"Who's your friend?" I asked curiously.

"Jessica Jung." She smiled.

"MWO?!" Donghae and I asked in unison...

TO BE CONTINUED...

Dear readers,

Hello! I'm sorry for not updating! How long has it been since my latest chapter?

T_T Anyways, I'm back and I'm totally over this author's block! haha.

I'm really looking forward to read your comments! <3 

Please Comment and SUBSCRIBE! *u* Love you readers!