One

Take This To Heart

"Good evening hyung!" Gongchan greeted Jinyoung, who was sitting in their dinning table. Gongchan noticed that plenty bags of junk food are scattered on the table. "You're going to eat all of that?"


Jinyoung opened a bag of potato chips with a glum look on his face. "Yes. If this would make me gain weight, I would eat all of these."


"Hyung...what is this all about? "Gongchan took the potato chips from his hyung and placed it back on the table.


"It's nothing..." Jinyoung replied gloomily. "Let me eat, Gongchan." He took another bag of junk food but Gongchan grabbed it and threw it on the table this time.


"No hyung. These are not good for you." he shoved the other bags out of the table. "Tell me hyung, what's bothering you?"


Gongchan decided to confront his hyung. He's been acting somber for the past few days and it makes him worried.


This is not the usual Jinyoung hyung he knew. He used to be cheerful, charismatic and positive leader and a hyung who always make them smile whenever they're tired.


But now, he looks really gloomy. It's like he had received a very sad news about someone's death or something. He's not laughing at something that was really funny or even smiling. The other members thought that Jinyoung is only in his grouchy mood but Gongchan knows that there's a deeper reason behind this.


Jinyoung let out a heavy sigh. "I feel so stressed lately... No matter how much I eat, I can't seem to gain weight... I'm still too skinny... "


"What makes you think that hyung? Is it because of those unpleasant comments that you read in the internet?" Gongchan asked in a stern tone.


Jinyoung just gave a nod in response. "I feel really awful...an idol shouldn't as skinny like me... I'm really hopeless... I'm sure that a lot of people think that I'm ugly."


Among the five of them, Jinyoung is the most sensitive when it comes to weight and body figure.


Gongchan didn't fool around this time.


They rarely have a conversation like this. But when they do, he tends to be more serious. He's not the playful and chick maknae all the time as the other people think. He can be a caring and thoughtful maknae for his hyungs, especially for his Jinyoung hyung.


"Aigoo...hyung..." he wrapped his arms around his hyung for a hug.


Jinyoung clicked his tongue in irritation as he tried to remove Gongchan's arms from his body. "Aish, Gongchan, I'm not in a mood to--"


But Gongchan hugged him tighter. "Hyung, do you still remember the first fan sign event that we had?" he continued when he didn't get a reply from his hyung. "There's this fan that said that you're extremely adorable and cute! She even cried when she saw you!"


Jinyoung remained silent.


"How about this noona fan that we met in a restaurant? She told you that you're a very talented guy. She also said that she likes your voice that she won't get tired listening to it! There's also a 5 year old girl who said that she loves your phoenix-like eyes! Isn't it adorable? How about this fan boy who said that you impressed him a lot by the songs that you composed? How about the tweets of your fans that says "you're really charming and a very optimistic leader"?" Gongchan let go of his hyung slowly.


He wanted to cheer him up so badly. He wanted to tell him that he shouldn't think things like that and that the things he said are not true. He wanted to say that the fans love him as he is and the whole group loves him as Jinyoung. And that he loves him as a hyung. He wanted to tell this for a long time and he knows that this is the right time.


"What I mean is...did any of them say something bad about your weight? About you being too skinny?"


Jinyoung shook his head slowly.


"Then why are you thinking like that? Why do you need to be affected by those nonsense comments you just read in the internet? Hyung..." he held his hyung's left hand that was resting on the table. "The fans don't really care about your weight or being too skinny. They care about YOU. They care about your health. If you like to gain weight, by forcing yourself in eating these junks, do you think it will make sense at all?"


His hyung lowered his head, looking more guilty, and miserable. He looks like he will cry in any minute.


He took a deep breath as he proceeded "What I'm trying to say hyung is that please don't make yourself feel bad. Don't think that you're ugly or you're not suited to be an idol because of your weight. Your fans really admire you a lot... They said wonderful things about you... They really care about you and they believe in you...you must remember that. They love you as you are and you know that we love you too! Just be yourself hyung... And you will feel better... Everything will be alright."


Jinyoung covered his face with both of his hands after hearing his dongsaeng's speech.


Gongchan was expecting Jinyoung to say something or to cry, maybe? He didn't like the second option, though. That would make him cry too.


After a few minutes of silence, Jinyoung started to laugh. A little at first, then like a madman.


Gongchan was mystified. Why does his hyung laughing like crazy? Is there something funny with his speech? Does his hyung didn't take him seriously? Or he just turned into an insane madman?


His hyung continued to laugh as he slammed the table nonstop.


This whole situation was really confounding for Gongchan. He'll demand an explanation later but now, he'll just going to watch his hyung laugh like a freak.


"C-channie!" Jinyoung said, finally calling him in his nickname. He's still laughing but he's trying his best to stifle it. "I-I can't believe t-that you said those things..."


His eyebrows pulled together in confusion. "Hyung..."


Jinyoung finally stopped laughing, but he's grinning from ear to ear like a kid. "I really appreciate those things you said to me Channie... Believe it or not, I will really take this here in my heart." he placed his hand in his chest as he said it.


Then, what so funny about it? Gongchan thought to himself. "Hyung... I don't get this... I---"


"Listen, Channie..." Jinyoung looks serious now. "Thank you for saying those things... I know it would make me feel better and I will always remember that." he patted his dongsaeng's shoulder "I also promise to take care of myself and not to think those awful things... But I don't think that all of this is real Channie."


"What?" his voice and eyebrows shot up.


Jinyoung started to laugh again.


And it's making Gongchan pissed off already.


"D-do you t-think I w-was r-really thinking about those things?" Jinyoung said between his laughter. "Y-you really t-think I'm s-sad? Hahahahaha!"


Gongchan remained silent. He didn't like the way his hyung laugh about their supposed to be serious conversation.


"Y-You seriously don't get it? Oh gosh, the other members get it immediately. Hahahahahahaha!"


"Get what, hyung?" Gongchan asked through stiff lips.


He doesn't know if they're still living in the same planet... He clearly doesn't understand what is hyung was trying to say.


"What is the date today, Channie?


"Hyung, what is the connection of the date here?!" Gongchan exclaimed desperately "Just spit it out already!"


But he still roamed his eyes around the room, searching for their calendar; when he saw it hanging on the wall near the refrigerator.


"Hyung, I give up... I can't see---" he stopped in his sentence when he saw a red ink encircling a particular number in that calendar.


His face turned into tomato red in embarrassment when he realized what his hyung was talking about.


"Y-you mean hyung--- th-this is only a---?


"H-Happy April fool's day Channie! Puhahahaha!" Jinyoung couldn't take it anymore. He burst out laughing as he started to slam the table again like crazy.

 

 

 

-END-

 

 

A/N:

Hope you guys like this!!!!

please please drop some comments! I want to know how you think about this! :D

Thank you~