. . .

Sunshine Through The Rain . . .

There he goes, leaving me in this solitary despair. My tears had grown dry now and I can no longer hear my own heart crying. Have I gone numb inside? I laughed at the thought. I have gone numb from all the pain he has inflicted me, broken promises, the lies . . .

 


I gathered the torn pictures on the floor and slowly put them on the trash bin. How long have I been imprisoning myself in this solitude? I looked at the calendar warily.

 

 

Two days . . . Two days of cruel stupidity. I have been crying non-stop for two-freakin’-days! I really could earn myself a Grammy.

 


I headed straight to the tub and soaked myself. I could drown myself now. But I was a coward.

 


“I’m tired being with you . . .” So he says, he’s tired alright since he met that girl who called herself my friend . . .

 


I am also tired, didn’t he know? Maybe him gone is a blessing in disguise . . . No more heartache, yes?

 


After soaking myself for half an hour and patting myself dry, I slowly put on my pajamas and slid on my bed. I pulled up my blanket and covered my body.

 


“I’m also tired . . .” I murmured as sleep came over to me.

 


The next day . . .
 



“Where have you been these past few days?” I was caught off guard and my notes scattered on the floor. Without looking at who was talking to me, I already knew it was the notorious playboy in our campus, Kim Jaejoong.

 


He’s been bugging me ever since the start of the semester. I don’t know what he sees in me that he keeps on talking to me since I don’t look like those pretty and y girls he’d go out with.

 


I’m just someone out of the ordinary. Where did I hear that again? Right, from that jerk! So why would he approach me? Unless . . . to make fun of me?
 



I picked up my notes and gathered them on my arms. Then I continued walking as if there was no intruder around.
 



He suddenly grabbed my arm and yanked me towards him. I was shock when he wrapped his arms around me. I tried to get out from his trap. But he hugged me still in place. And he whispered close to my ear.
 



“I know he has left you . . .”

 


“Yah! What are you talking about?! Let me go!” I tried so hard to push him but to no avail. I looked around and people were starting to look at us and it wasn’t good for my part.

 


As if he read my mind, he loosened his embrace and I manage to squirm away in a second but before I could run for my life he grabbed my arm again and dragged me into someplace where there were no people around.
 



“I said let me go!” I tried to yank my arm free but he was stronger than me. He pushed me against the wall and before I could leave, he raised his both hands, pressed them against the wall leaving me trapped once again.

 


“I’m not letting you go! . . . Not this time . . .”

 


I looked at him with lots of questions in my head but I stopped for a second when he stared back at me. I mentally shook the idea that there were emotions behind those eyes of his. I moved my eyes down to avoid that intense look from him. I could feel a lump trapped in my throat and tears were forming in my eyes.

 


“What do you want?” My voice quivered as mixed emotions raced their way out of my system. Finally tears streamed down my face and that pain started to slice my being once again.
 



Suddenly, I felt his arms around me once again. I pushed him but my strength has failed me and I started to cry on his shoulders. Somehow that buried hurt and pain inside of me has lightened, with me in the arms of this stranger. After a while my crying subsided. With one last sniff I put my hands against his chest and pushed him lightly.
 



“You can let go of me now . . . I won’t run, I promise.”

 


I could feel his hesitation but he let his arms slide off of me.

 


“He’s a jerk, you know?” I looked at him wide-eyed. Then I laughed at what he just said which caused his brows to furrow.
 



“It takes one to know one, isn’t it?” I laughed again as I wiped the last tear at the corner of my eye.
 



“Maybe I’m known for being a playboy, but I’m not a jerk like him.” He was serious.

 


“What’s the difference?”

 


“Those girls came to me and liked me, not the other way around, okay?” Woah, he sure is confident!

 


“Anyway, how’d you know about us? Are you a stalker? Do you like me?” I laughed at the hilarious and impossible thought.

 


“So what if I do . . .?” I looked at him to see if there was any hint of him joking. It was a mistake for he was intensely staring at me once again and I could feel myself blushing.

 

 


“You’re making me awkward . . .” I tried to look everywhere but him.

 


“I’ll say this once and I’ll wait for your reply when you’re ready . . . I like you ever since the day I saw you. . . Ani, I think I’ve fallen in love with you . . .” He said it without batting his eyelashes.
 



“I – “He closed my mouth with his hand.
 



“I told you I’d wait when you’re ready . . . And I’ll make sure no one else comes close . . .”

 


I nodded absentmindedly. When he left, I was dumbfounded.

 

 

 


What did he just say? He likes you?

 

 


What did he just say? He fell in love you?

 

 


WHAT DID HE JUST SAY????!
 

 



-end-

 

 

 

Sorry for the crappy title, not really good in making one... suggestion, anyone? =D