In the Snow

What Makes Him Smile

Taemin stood looking up into the pale sky, cold drops fell onto his freezing face but he was already to cold to feel it. He wasn't sure were exactly he was but he knew that he liked the cold white droplets falling from the sky. It was snow, he loved snow... His arms opened up and he spun in a circle, giggling softly, when he heard the crunch of footsteps coming towards him. He turned to face the noise coming towards him, and he smiled up at the person.

Minho stood in the shadow, watching the small boy standing in the snow... if he didn't get the boy from the cold he was sure to get sick again, but he looked so happy... Taemin was rarely happy... and it broke his heart that he'd have to yet again take something away from him. He'd do anything for Taemin.. But with Taemin's health in such a state as it was... he couldn't take the risk. With a soft sigh he began to walk towards him, brushing part of his scarf around his neck, when Taemin turned around to face him. He froze, only for a moment though.. Because Taemin's face was one of pure joy... and... he would have to take it away.

I'm always the bad one... I've almost lost him several times and I want him to be happy... I'd do anything for that boy... I love him...

Taemin knew what was going to happen, and he lightly pouted, his bottom lip sticking out slightly and he hugged himself around the waist, the big sweater... one of Minho's that he'd instantly taken a liking to and Minho just couldn't say no. But Taemin didn't really care because that meant more cuddles from the older man, more hugs that only Taemin got.... But Taemin didn't leave the hospital most days... his health was good...

Minho smiled at the other sadly, he knew Taemin would be upset but he lightly pulled Taemins hand when he reached the boy, “Taemin-ah... what did I tell you about running off....” he murmured softly, and wrapped his arms around the grail boy, pulling him into a tight hug. Minho hugged him... he didn't show this type of affection to most people... only Taemin and his girlfriend. But she never saw what he gave to Taemin.

“But hyung... it's so pretty outside...,” he said softly nuzzling his nose into the others shoulder inhaling deeply. Minho always smelled so good to Taemin, the smell was …. He did this partially because if Minho saw the smile he would know what he was up to.

“I know it is... but you don't need to be out in the cold... Tae... you're freezing...” he said in a soft voice as he began leading the other into the building. No one knew exactly what was wrong with Taemin, it was mostly likely a weakness in his immune system... but he got so sick... so easily... and Minhos felt himself choke up. Taemin was checked into a small hospital at the edge of town.

Taemin sighed, enough fun for the day, right now he would cuddle up with Minho.. maybe find the right words to talk... maybe ask for what he wanted more than anything.

Minho pulled the door behind them and rubbed Taemins arms, trying to warm him up, “Taemin promise me you won't do this again...” he said in a soft voice as he began walking down the well known halls Taemin in his arms.

“I'm sorry hyung....” he murmured, not saying he wouldn't do it again, because he would. He was suffocated here... And on good days like this Taemin was always feeling more bold. But he never made it far... but it was always because of Minho. He was always around when he tried to run away.

Minhos rolled his eyes playfully, “Tae.... “ he groaned out as he opened Taemins bedroom door. Taemins room was... everything Taemin hated.. he wanted something softer less hard and medical... and the smell... it coated Taemins body and he felt sick.... he wanted to move in with Minho. He could take care of him.

Taemin suddenly got the look like he wanted to say something- but he wouldn't because if Minho wanted him like that.. he would have asked. In all truth Minho had thought about asking... but his girlfriend wouldn't like it one bit. His girlfriend knew little about the person he cared for. All she knew was that he was a childhood friend from his time in the hospital. That was the only thing she knew... he would have told her everything if she had asked... but she hadn't and that bothered him.

Minho caught Taemins look as he pulled away... Taemin never pulled away from one of his hugs... they'd usually stay together like that until Taemin fell asleep. This bothered Minho more than he realized it would have... he loved being with Taemin though he hated the circumstances.... “Tae, what's wrong?” he asked softly walking up behind him, titling his head to the side.

Taemin bit his lip, he always had a hard time with words, but usually never around Minho, and he sighed softly, “I.. I hate being here Minho.. I want to leave,” he murmured softly, as he moved to the small window facing a park. He watched the children play. He'd always been in the hospital or either moving between family members. The only consistent person in his life was Minho... and maybe a few of the nurses here.

Minho blinked, he knew how Taemin felt about being here and he sighed softly, “Taemin....” he said running a hand through his dark locks as he watched the small boy as he sat down himself, “I wish I could do something....”

Taemin turned around then biting his lip, “You can....” he said in his soft tone as he walked over to Minho, crawling besides him and nuzzling up into his side.

Minho was confused when Taemin said that, and put a arm around the boy thinking, “What do you mean?” he asked looking down at Taemins long hair... he needed a haircut but Taemin insisted on keeping it.

“I...” he knew this was incredibly rude to say, but he was happy with Minho... and he thought Minho was happy with him... and he loved the older man. He didn't know about Minho though... he'd never told the man.. and he was scared what would happen if he confessed. “I could stay with you.... I wouldn't be any trouble... and we could be together more....”

Taemin held his breath as he watched Minho, the feeling of not being wanted came over him strong. His parents were barely around... why would Minho want him... the weak boy he was... but he still felt the tears well up in his eyes when Minho didn't answer.

Minho was shocked, Taemin barely voiced his wants and needs.. it was one of the things he loved about the boy, even if his health wasn't the best he always put others before him. Min Chi would … she was supposed to be out of town tonight.... and he bit his lip. He couldn't give Taemin what he wanted because she wasn't understanding... though he loved her. She would probably crush Tae like a bug. But tonight.... no... Then Minho looked up at Taemins face... Oh God.. was he about to start crying? Yes.. those were tears in the younger boys eyes, “Hey.. no tears...” he murmured softly and pulled Taemin closer to his body, “Just for tonight ok?”

Taemin smiled brightly at Minho, and nodded. He was so happy, “Thank you hyung~!” he said in a soft voice.

 

 

Authors Note:

So first chapters up~! Tell me what you think guys <3