Chapter 5

Always

Daesung's POV

 

It's been a week since the last time I talked to Hana. My relationship with Hana and Hyunki is always like this. Like an on-off couple. Sometime, we go out to have fun together all day long and then we don't call or even send text messages to each other for weeks.

But, this time, it's different. It's different with Hana and, sadly, it's also different with Hyunki.

With Hana... If I did not act like an idiot and could control my own self, we would not have to go through this whole awkward situation. Well, not situation because I don't really know if we're gonna be awkward if we talk to each other since none of us dare to even try it this past week. I haven't called her, haven't been trying at all. It makes me feel like a coward. More like a jerk. It was my fault. I pulled her closer, I wanted to kiss her, at least, I looked like I wanted to kiss her, and suddenly I looked away?! Stupid! How did it make her feel like? And what's with this feeling anyway? I used to sleep in her place, I even did it three weeks ago, and suddenly the things between us get so weird? We even always said "Love you always" in our text messages.

With Hyunki... I don't even understand if there's any situation between us. I mean, since the last time he sent me that text talking about me sleeping in Hana's, I have not heard from him. I do not understand what he meant with that text message. And when I tried to call him, he never answered me. Was he mad? It's already three weeks since I received that text message. What's with him?

I have to put another act start from this afternoon. Big Bang's practice has started again since we're going to Japan next week and will be starting our tour. I have to look like someone who has spirit to do it when I am too worried about my two best friends. I've known them for almost my entire life and I'm really caught up with these odd problems with them, but I don't want to burden any of the members. I can't let my problems disturb my job. I have to deal it with myself. I have to.

 

...

 

"Dae, we're here." TOP who sat on the back with Seungri and Daesung touched Daesung's shoulder.

Daesung started moving his head. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times before rubbing his left eye and looked at TOP with the other one. "Already?" he yawned. Pretending.

"Are you really that tired? This is our first schedule in two days."

Daesung grinned at him, not answering the question. He was not that tired actually. He was pretending to sleep because he did not want to join the conversation along the way to the office.

"Dae, you're okay?" Taeyang turned his head to the back and asked with an intense look. That made GD who sat next to him on the second row turn his head to see Daesung too. So did Seungri.

"Yeah," he cleared his throat, "just a little tired. I couldn't sleep last night."

"Are you sick?" GD continued with a suspicious look. 

"I'm fine really," he said with an end-of-discussion tone.

The door next to Taeyang was opened from outside. Their managers stood around the door while guarding them inside in case there were fans out there. Daesung was the last one to get out from the car.

His personal manager closed the door for him and they walked side by side. "You're okay?" he asked.

He chuckled playfully while looking down at his footsteps. "Why does everyone keep asking me that?"

TOP turned his body to see Daesung who walked behind him. He put his arm around Daesung's shoulders. "Because you look like you're not feeling so well," he said.

Daesung looked up to see his concern expression. "I'll be fine really. Seungri is the maknae," he said as they got into the elevator. TOP, Daesung, GD, and Seungri stood on the back of the elevator, resting their backs against the wall. 

GD who stood next to Daesung put his arm around Seungri's shoulders, just like how TOP still did to Daesung. "Oh, our Seungri will always be the hyungs' first concern," he said teasingly and put his chin on Seungri's shoulder.

"Aish, really~" he mumbled and looked at his own reflection on the mirror wall. He looked tired too. That was why he didn't show much interest to talk since this morning. TOP and Daesung laughed a little while looking at those two.

"Stop acting like a baby, Ri." GD touched his cheek.

Seungri shook his shoulders to be free from GD, but GD just held him tighter until he stopped moving. "You guys should stop treating me like a baby. That's the right statement."

"How can we stop treating you like a baby when you always act like one?" TOP said. They all laughed as they walked out of the elevator. TOP and GD still linked their arms on Daesung's and Seungri's.

Seungri pouted. "You guys should show more concern to Youngbae hyung. Even when it's just the five of us, he always left alone."

"Yah!" Taeyang glanced at Seungri with a warning tone that somehow sounded cool to Daesung. "I'm waiting for the right one."

Taeyang's personal manager walked behind him and put his hands on Taeyang's shoulders. "How can you find the right one when you never even try to date a girl?" He smirked.

"Jackpot!" Seungri yelled excitedly while jumping a little with GD.

"KO!" GD continued Seungri's celebration.

They laughed together while Taeyang just rolled his eyes playfully. They went inside the practice room and got ready to practice.

Daesung checked his phone for the last time of the day. He was actually expecting a message. From Hana or Hyunki. And there was one message. Have you heard from Hyunki? His manager texted me. He said Hyunki didn't show up in yesterday's meeting. Okay, I'm worried now.

This is not about that awkward night. This is about Hyunki. Is he okay? Don't worry, I'll try to call him.

Daesung was about to press Hyunki's number when GD called him. "Dae, can we start it now?" he asked, this time with a serious look.

GD had turned to be G-Dragon the Leader. Daesung did not want to mess around with him. He looked at his phone once again, trying to decide which one he had to do first. Then, he looked up again to see the other members already lined up in the middle of the practice room while looking at him.

Daesung nodded. "Y-yeah." He put his phone down and walked fast to join them.

 

...

 

"H-hey," she greeted from across the line. She cleared nervously while Daesung was trying hard to find words to say and his own voice.

"Yesterday afternoon, I-I haven't called Hyunki yet. I was just about to, but-"

"It's alright," she cut him off, "he called me a few hours ago."

Daesung looked at the clock on his working table in his own room at the dorm. It was stil 6 in the morning. If she said a few hours ago, it meant that he called him in the middle of the night...? "Is he okay?"

"I think he was drunk. He didn't speak right. He was mumbling all the time and some of them weren't even make sense."

"What is it about?" Daesung asked, crossing his legs on his bed. He had to leave for another schedule in an hour, but he didn't care much. He even forgot about the awkwardness with Hana since she acted pretty normal.

"He said he loves me. And he said that nobody can have me but him. Then... Oh!"

"What?!"

"He wanted to find you a girlfriend so you can leave me alone. It's weird, huh?"

Wait. Some things found a way to meet each other and made a one reason that seemed to make sense in Daesung's mind now. Does he like her? Was he jealous of...me and Hana? He knew it would never happen between me and her...wouldn't it?

"Dae," she called me out, "you hear me?"

"Yeah, I hear you," Daesung answered quickly. He thought for a while now. "Look," he continued, "are you free tonight?"

She sighed. "No, I have two photoshoots in a row this afternoon. Why?"

"I'm kind of free tonight, I'll go check him up in his apartment, okay? So, you don't need to worry about anything anymore."

She sighed again, sounded frustrated. Daesung hated it. "You'll call me this time, right?"

"Yeah, of course."

"Hey, Dae," she said again, "you have a schedule now?"

Daesung took a look at his clock again. In fifteen minutes, GD would knock on his door to make sure that he was getting ready. "Yeah, I have to leave in one hour so I need to get ready now, actually."

"Oh..." she let out her disappointed tone.

"Why?"

"Nothing. I just wish I can talk to you a little bit longer. It just feels so warm around you lately. Maybe because we're all too caught up on our things." She was quiet for a moment. Daesung didn't know how to reply. "We always need each other, right?"

"Yeah," I need you. He wished he could really say that and not acted like a coward for not saying it to her.

GD knocked on Daesung's door and took a look at his dongsaeng from the door. He could guess who Daesung was talking to. He could always guess. GD gave a glance at Daesung while Daesung gave him his thumb to him. GD crossed his arms on his chest and leaned against the door. He wanted to wait until Daesung hung up the phone. Daesung got his leader's message.

"I'll try to call you as often as I can, okay? I have to go now."

"You promise you'll check up on Hyunki, right?" she made sure again.

"Yes. I'll check him up, don't worry," he said but there was no response, "Hana, I really need to get ready now, why don't you hang up first? I'll send you messages this whole day to make you feel better."

"Whatever happens between us," she hesitated for a while, "don't ever change, okay? I mean, us."

Daesung felt that Hana was zoning Hyunki out of their conversation right now. She was talking about just the two of them. "Okay."

Then she hung up the phone. Daesung pulled his phone from his ear and looked at it wiith amazement in his face. He looked up and saw GD still stood in front of his door. Daesung jumped out of his bed, took his clothes that he already prepared the night before, and went to the door to go to bathroom. But, GD didn't move an inch to let him go. Daesung gave him an innocent 'what' look.

"You're not hiding something, are you?" GD asked suspiciously.

"What are you talking about?"

"Is there a problem with Hyunki and Hana? You can talk to us too, you know. We're almost like them too."

"I think I don't have any problem with them, clearly."

"You...are not in a relationship, right? I mean, if you like a girl, you'll tell me, right?"

Daesung rolled his eyes. "Hyung, what's your point?"

"My point is," GD turned his body to fully face Daesung and looked him right into his eyes, "I want you to treat the four of us just like how you treat the two of them. If you have problem, talk to us. Don't walk away and say you're fine. Don't. You trust us, right?"

"You guys are like my family, how could you ask that kind of question?" Daesung asked.

"What's going on?" TOP showed up behind GD. Daesung looked at him and shruged.

"It's Jiyong hyung."

GD turned his head to see TOP, then he looked back to Daesung and examined him for a while. Daesung was hard. Really hard.

"Dae will make an awesome boyfriend. I heard him talking to Hana." GD said while stepping out of Daesung's way.

Daesung grinned at him. "Give me fifteen minutes to take shower."

"Make it five." GD watched him as he moved faster to the bathroom.

 

I was half asleep when I wrote this, sorry if this chapter kind of weird. I don't think I'm gonna make it to be more than 10 chapter. Enjoy reading! :D