FINAL.

A Thousand Years

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

The cold and seemingly icy breeze caused by the season during this time of the year might make you wonder if this is the perfect moment for something so memorable and special to take place. The tall green colored trees outside the enormous establishment are all covered in thick white snow. Outside, few people are huddled over in a corner, as if thinking that by being together in one side can somehow produce the much needed heat.

 

One by one, they all started to shiver in the cold. And why are they outside in such a freezing weather in long gowns and tuxedos? Well, they are all waiting for someone to arrive. Someone whose presence is by far the most important, next to the minister I suppose. And if you still didn’t get it by now, a wedding is clearly going to take place in this cold, winter day of December.

 

Finally, a sleek black car adorned with ribbons and flowers halted. A young woman, donning a white strapless gown, with bubble hem that has a fitted bodice with floral lace accents came out of it. And despite the obvious chilling wind blowing, she didn’t have any problems as she walks up the flight of stairs to her cheering spectators.  She gave them her warmest smile and went straight to her parents. Both of them stood by their place beside her, as the music started to play inside the hall. The entourage lined up in front of her, and she caught a glimpse of her best friend slash maid of honor, wearing a green floor length gown.

 

The huge French double doors opened, signaling that it’s her time to walk down the aisle. Her mother planted a soft kiss on her cheeks, while her father squeezed her hand.

 

Pachebel’s Canon in D started playing on the grand piano and everyone stood up to welcome the bride. The whole place is decorated with all her favorite flowers, and the colors are all in green. Just like what she wanted.

 

Her parents slowly guided her at the altar, and it’s the longest walk she has ever made her whole life. Butterflies inside her stomach cannot stop fluttering. Yet she smiled at every person her eyes can land on.

 

And there waiting at the altar is the man she’s going to wed. The man she loves with all her heart. Looking nothing but absolute perfection in a black double ed tux, gazing at her with his non double eyelid eyes, his reddish hair neatly styled to the side and with his gummy smile plastered at his face.

 

He laced his hands on hers, locking their eyes on each other. They both faced the minister as the ceremony slowly begins to unfold. She glanced at him, thankful that he’s the one she’s going to spend the rest of her life with.

 

And as if he’s thinking the same too, he also turned to look at her. He immediately noticed the tears welling up on the corners of her eyes, which she herself didn’t notice. Curious, he wiped the few tears that have unconsciously dropped.

 

“What’s with the tears hmm?” He asked, not minding the minister who is still talking right in front of them.

 

“I’m just…v-very happy.” She smiled and held his hand tight.

 

“Well, I am happy too. So stop crying okay? A bride should be happy on her wedding day.”

 

“Ahem. I know that you two ate undeniably in love with each other and that’s obviously the reason why we are all here today. But you can do all that once we finish this ceremony.” The minister spoke all of a sudden, a smile forming in his lips as he watches the young couple. The both of them straightened and turned their attention towards him. The guests simply laughed, oblivious of what just happened.

 

The time came when they would finally exchange their wedding vows. They faced each other, and he was the first one to.

 

“I, Lee Hyukjae, affirm my love to you, Kim Hyoyeon, as I invite you to share my life. You are the most beautiful, smart, and generous person I have ever known, and I promise always to respect you and love you. With kindness, unselfishness and trust, I will work by your side to create a wonderful life together. I take you, Hyoyeon, to be my lawful wife. I promise to love you without reservation, comfort you in times of distress, encourage you to achieve all of your goals, laugh with you and cry with you, grow with you in mind and spirit, always be open and honest with you, and cherish you for as long as we both shall live.” He slipped the ring in her finger and kissed her hand tenderly.

 

“Hyukjae, today I become your wife and you become my husband. I will strive to give you the best of myself, while accepting you the way you are. I promise to respect you as a whole person with your own interests, desires, and needs, and to realize that those are sometimes different, but no less important than my own. I promise to keep myself open to you, to let you in to my innermost fears and feelings, secrets and dreams. I promise to grow along with you, to be willing to face change as we both change, keeping our relationship alive and exciting. And finally, I promise to love you in good times and in bad, with all I have to give and all that I am, in the only way I know how, completely and forever.” She did the same and slipped the ring in his finger.

 

“I now pronounce you…husband and wife.” The minister announced and the guests cheered on happily.

 

“You may now kiss the bride.”

 

He smoothly placed both of his hands on her waist, securing her in place. He slowly lifts her veil away from her face. She smiled sweetly at him, her eyes mirroring the feelings she has for him.

 

“I love you.”

 

“Not as much as I love you.” And with that, he captured her lips.

 

 

 

..........................................

 

Heart beats fast
Colors and promises
How to be brave
How can I love when I'm afraid to fall
But watching you stand alone
All of my doubt suddenly goes away somehow

One step closer...


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

Time stands still
Beauty in all she is
I will be brave
I will not let anything take away
What's standing in front of me
Every breath
Every hour has come to this

One step closer...


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

One step closer,
One step closer...


I have died everyday waiting for you
Darling don't be afraid I have loved you
For a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more

And all along I believed I would find you
Time has brought your heart to me
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more...

 

He’s holding her in his arms, and it’s like she’s made to fit in them. They swayed to the music, their first dance as a married couple. She rests her head in his chest, happy to feel every beat of his heart. He her hair gently, savoring this moment.

 

“Hyukjae-ah, you won’t stop loving me right?” She looked up at him.

 

“I won’t. I promise to love you for a thousand years.”

 

 

..........................................

 

 

She sighed, a tear slipping from her eyes as the memories of yesterday come rushing back to her. Yes, it seems only yesterday that they got married. How she wished she can turn back time and stayed there. But this is the harsh reality that she has to face.

 

She finally had the courage to walk towards her destination. Every step she took was with much agony. Her hands found their way to her neck, feeling the circular metal hanging from there.

 

The leaves falling from the trees as the wind brush by them makes the atmosphere more dreadful as it is already. And the dark sky seems to mourn with her.

 

“Hyukjae –ah…I’m here.” She managed to choke out the words that she had difficulty in letting out in the first place as she carefully kneels in front of his grave. She traced the cold clock of stone in which his name is engraved, letting out a small whimper.

 

“I hate you! I hate you! Why did you leave me?!” She vent out all her frustrations that she has been keeping to herself for the past 3 years already. All those times of denial have taken its toll on her, and at last she has admitted to herself that her husband isn’t and can’t be with her anymore, that he’s gone.

 

The quiet surrounding is filled with a woman’s muffled cries. Cries of agony, pain, of longing. Not suppressing anymore the feelings that she has kept for so long. The tears can’t seem to stop falling, like a waterfall not running out of water.

 

“You said you won’t leave me. You said that you’ll be with me forever! You promised me! You’re a liar…” She cried harder, remembering the vow that he made to her.

 

“I’m sorry…If only I believed you, then this wouldn’t happened. Then you’re still going to be here with me, if I wasn’t just stupid back then.” Regret and guilt filled her, mixing with the pain that she’s feeling.

 

“I miss you Hyukjae…so, so much that it hurts.” She didn’t know that this kind of pain exists, she suddenly wondered if this kind of pain is bearable enough.

 

She misses his touch, his funny jokes, his eyes, the way he says her name, the way he would hold her in the middle of the night when her nightmares get the best of her, she misses his smile. Those times that they were together, their first kiss, first date, those petty little arguments that they had, and the day they got married…are all just memories now. He was her everything, her knight in shining armor.

 

She stood up after what it seems like a lifetime of endless crying, wiping her tears away. Worn out from all the breaking down that she did. A sad smile formed on her face as she looks down his grave once more.

 

“I love you Hyukjae…I’ll love you for a thousand years more.”

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

I figured that I should maybe experiment and make it sad. Since all I write are happy ones, but i just want to try something different. Actually, I wanted it to be more sad, but I don't know how to, considering I'm used to happy endings. keke. 

Anyways, I hope you all liked it! 

Comment and let me know what you think okay? 

Although There is an alternative ending, in case you all want a happy one. Just tell me if you want it. ^_^