And We're Off...

Unfriendly Competition

In a room somewhere in Korea, music drowned out the sound of drawers being rummaged through and clothes being tossed in a suitcase.

Crap! Why didn’t I pack before?? .....

Brushing her hair out of her eyes, she glanced at the glowing red numbers on the clock.

6:30! They’re almost here!

Without a second thought, she starts grabbing more random stuff and stuffs it into her suitcase.

Before leaving, Choi Minhae glances at her bookcase full of vampire themed books and romance novels.

Hehehe... Just in case...

As she’s about to run out the door, a voice stops her.

“You aren’t even going to say bye to me Haeyi?” Minho asks, yawning, bedhead sticking up all over the place.

“... Pffft.” One quick hug and some chiding to go back to sleep later and there was a honk from outside.

“Bye oppa!”

Minho got his career, now time for mine.

--

“Ja ne, otou-san, okaa-san! I’m leaving now!” The half Japanese, half Korean girl said as she slid on her shoes and exited her house.

A muffled reply came from behind the door. Everyone was still dazed and confused since it was early in the morning and people were barely waking.

“I wonder why they decided to pick us up this early...” Yamato Luka murmured to herself.

Five minutes of waiting later, she saw her ride pull up by the curb.

--

“I get to ride in a limo??” Kim Jihye exclaimed when she saw the stretched out, sleek black car waiting for her on the street.

The driver stepped out and opened the door for her.

“Good morning, Miss Kim.”

“Good morning!” She greeted and practically ran into the limo.

--

“So where are we going?” Kim Younha asked the driver.

The cityscape of her town blurred by out the window.

“We’ll be driving to the house you will be staying at for the duration of this competition, Miss Kim,” the driver answered politely.

“Hmm...” She tried to imagine what the house would look like and saw a small, crappy shack. After all, why would they freaking give us a nice one?

Dread bubbled up in the pit of her stomach.

“So uh, how long is it gonna take to get there?”

“From here, it would take about... Three hours.”

Ughh. She thought and popped one of the chocolates she was going to save into .

--

Kim Minhee stared out the window at the blur of the landscape outside.

This is really, really boring. She thought, twirling a lock of hair around her finger.

Besides some snacks, her laptop and her iPod, she brought nothing to entertain herself with. If only there were wi-fi here, she could at least do stuff on her laptop.

Damn... Why didn’t I think of the in between time when I’m not doing for the competition?

The driver noticed her bored expression when he glanced at the rear view mirror.

“There is a TV back there if you would like to use it. The remote is in the left pocket of the middle seat,” he told her.

“...”

She fished out the remote from the left pocket of the middle seat and 10 seconds later was surfing the channels.

--

One hour into the drive and two variety shows watched, Jaeri was passed out in the back seat of her limo.

The TV was left on and she was snoring quietly.

The driver had rolled up the window between the front of the limo and the back and his favorite tunes.

“Zzzzzzz.......”

--

After sitting around in the limo for a while (and sleeping most of the way) Jinae was ravenous and stiff.

All her snacks were gone and they only had one rest stop which lasted about 5 minutes.

Just as she thought she would start gnawing on the seats, they turned a corner and pulled up into the courtyard of a huge, glorious western-styled mansion.

Miss Kang, we’ve arrived,” the driver said and began getting her things out of the limo.

Before she could even lift a finger, a butler looking guy swept out from the front door (solid,heavy oak doors) and took her luggage for her.

“...”

Now with that taken care of, she could start looking for something to eat.

--
TBC
--

A/N:
Um... I’m back. Sorry this took so long and sorry that nothing happens in this chapter. It’s a bit of an intro I suppose... At least to me that is.
I’ve been gone a few months now and if anyone’s still following this story, I guess you deserve an explanation. Well, this monkey broke into my room late at night while I was writing and ate my brain and--
Actually, I have no excuse. I kinda just lost my muse with this story and got lazy.
Also, sorry if I got your character wrong. Set me straight if I did.
I’ve just started high school in August so I’ll be busier from now on. (Freaking busy right now) I’m a freshie... T.T  Anyway, don’t expect quick updates. (Just ones quicker than this one... Probably.)
-coldsunshine