Hello There!

Come Back Again (다시돌아와)

 

Hello there! Yeah YOU! The pretty girl or handsome boy – perhaps, reading the screen. What’s up!? This is Dara by the way.

 

Anyways, you’re probably wondering where I am and what I’m doing and the answer to that question isn’t really that much, just sitting here inside the plane enjoying my Pina Colada with C to the L here beside me and Park Bom and Gong Minji right behind us.

 

The weather is pretty good, warm and sunny, a great day to be coming home. The 4 of us are on our flight back to South Korea after spending almost 3 years abroad with our U.S and Japan promotions, living the life of a Hallyu Stars. Busy. Busy. Busy.

 

“Trying to tell a story I see”

 

That was our crazy leader who’s meddling on her unnie’s business … AGAIN

 

“Hey! It’s not meddling when it’s right in front of my face unnie”

 

She … she … she just rolled her eyes on me! I am very much shock with this attitude. I’m so going to tell on you. Nah, just kidding we’re pretty much like this always. Trying to get on each other’s nerves!

 

Aigoo. Go to sleep or something

 

Where was I? Oh yes! We still have about 10 more hours till we reach Incheon Airport and that just gives me enough time to tell you a little story of mine, way back years ago.

 

“3 years ain’t that long”

 

SSHHHHHHHH……

 

“Okay … Okay … I get it! Sssshhhh!”

 

 

Imagine the screen is fading out to white and some background music is playing along with it. Now cue! The red curtains from nowhere open.

 

 

“Dara! Tomorrow there would be a photo shoot for a magazine for their summer collection, they’ve asked me to get 2 for the project so I thought of you and Daesung. Every manager right now are busy with so much things and since you have a car you’ll be bringing both of you to this site.” Oppa just laid down a piece of paper in front of us, not caring about anything at all.

 

It’s not to say that I’m very busy at the moment since all I do these days is practice some more and practice some more but all the practicing is beating the hell out of me and I don’t need any other schedule to put on top of that. Then again I’m just an artist I don’t have a say on some things.

 

I’m fine with driving myself to the site of the shoot but having Daesung in the car on the way is going to be a long ride and right now he’s grinning like a clown, happy for some reason. Well not for long! I took out my car keys and tossed it to his hands, he was confused at first but got it quickly. His face changed automatically.

 

“9:30 am! I’ll wait for you” without saying much and not letting him to say much I headed towards the door, quickening my pace to avoid further discussion on that.

 

“Ah hyung!” he whined, making a fuss and acting all cute.

 

“Not my problem”  oppa didn’t pay attention to him and with the sound of the keys on the keyboard there’s nothing more he can say. I giggled before closing the door shut.

 

So I left the floor still hearing Daesung mumbling things and headed to the dance studio where I’m supposed to be anyways. These couple of days have been hectic since in a couple of months we’ll be making our U.S debut along with that we’re still not finished with our Japan promotions.

 

“Unnie!” Minji pounced on me when I walked in the room, making us fall over and the others laughing. “Aigoo!” I chuckled patting her head.

 

“Hey baby Mingkki” she helped me up and pulled me towards the other 2 who are eyeing me suspiciously.

 

“What?” I asked a little bit offended with the way they were looking. I put my bag aside and changed my shoes. Deukie and the other dancers got on the middle of the practice room already and only waiting for Jaewook oppa to come.

 

“You got another schedule huh?” Bom sighed standing up and fixing her hair.

 

There’s no point of me lying to them since they always seem to find out about everything but if when I do tell them I have another one they’ll be worried for me then will go on and one about telling boss to cut off my schedules and look after my health.

 

“It’s all good Bommie” I smiled to her and she tried to smile back but she was having a hard time.

 

Without much interruption and breaks we finished and got back to the dorm by 2 am and not even bothering to change I went straight to bed in hoping to get at least 3 hours of sleep.

 

I’ve been having a hard time getting some sleep this past few days and I’ve had insomnia before but it would only stay for two or three days then I’ll be fine but ever since they announced our upcoming U.S debut I find it harder to fall asleep each night.

 

I turned side to side for a couple of minutes before getting to fall asleep and that wasn’t until it was 2:30, we need to get to the shoot at about 11:30 and by the looks of that map we might take long depending on how bad the traffic is.

..............................................................................................................................................................

7:30 am. Better than last night, I’ve got about 5 hours of sleep and that’s more than enough for me to stay smiling and up the whole day. The girls have practice later on the day so they’ll most likely sleep in until Chaerin or Bom wakes the others up.

 

I made myself some coffee and one for Daesung too, both groups ended practice same time last night and because he has to pick me up here he probably had to wake up extra earlier to get ready.

 

Sajangnim didn’t tell us what’s the theme for the shoot just summer collection so I decided to wear something comfortable and not that thick since it is summer and it’s going to be real hot today according to the weather forecast. At exactly 9:30 Daesung called up and said he was down already, waiting. Not making much noise I made my way down to the back and handed him his coffee.

 

“Good morning!” I greeted and he smiled tiredly. “Get off, I’ll drive and you go to sleep” I offered and that brought a better smile on his face.

 

The beach we passed by was really nice and it was only minutes away from the site, I pulled down the window and let the warm breeze come in and blow my hair out. Seeing the people outside, wouldn’t it be nice if that was me and girls just having fun and not practicing … At all!

 

Moments later we reached the place and it seems like everybody seems to be here already. When I got the car parked Daesung got out and giddily ran towards a group just standing by the door, I didn’t stop him or anything and just watch him almost fly to get there. I can’t really see the face of the guy he ran to but he seems familiar.

 

“Nuna come here” he yelled, waving even.

 

With my sunglasses still on I walked to the little group that seems to be composed of actors and idols. It’s probably the dark glasses and Iphones and Blackberries that making it seem that way.

 

“Annyeong Dara-yah” the girl with the short hair, dark glasses and with her hood on greeted me. Giving her an awkward smile and a bow I tried to figure out who it was and seeing this she took her glasses off and I went ‘oh’.

 

“Annyeong Jihyo unnie” I smiled better this time.

 

So there was about 2 idols and/or actresses coming from some of the companies, Dae and I from YG, Jihyo unnie and Jaejoong-ssi from C-Jes, Siwon and Yoona from SM and Taecyeon and Suzy from JYP.

 

Firstly, we were called for a meeting with the photographer and the magazine editor to discuss the theme and the set. I hope it’s nothing that’s awkward.

 

“Good morning to everybody I’m Lee Yukjin and I’ll be the photographer and this is Choi Minsae the editor. Ok! So the theme we want for the summer collection is ‘Summer Couple’. We’ve chosen the beach set which can be done just outside and some set put up inside. We like to show summer love and romance without much iness and skin showing, just pure love and cuteness. Which is why we’ve asked your companies to bring in a male and a female for the shoot, so you’re all probably thinking you’re going to be matched up with the person you came with but we’ve though that it’d be better and it will be more interesting if we pair you up” he said and the way he spoke was very interesting in a way, the way you wouldn’t be bored with.

 

Beside him, on the floor he pulled out a board showing who was paired with who, reading it from the start was going good but then when I found my name paired with this person I can’t help but remember the Cass CF, which was really awkward.

 

Kang Daesung -Bae Suji

 

Ok Taecyeon-I'm Yoona

 

Choi Siwon-Song Jihyo

 

Kim Jaejoong-Sandara Park

 

“I hope there’s no problem with this and if possible we want to get everything started for today” the magazine editor said with eyes really hopping that there’s no problem with the pairing.

 

Obviously I want to object with that but it obviously seems rude and not right so I just nodded with it. I’m jealous – sort of, coz they already know their pairs and talked to them and knows how they are when I’m here meeting him for only like the third or fourth time.

 

“Okay, I’m guessing there’s no problem at all. That’s good! So … Instead of giving you all parts of what to do we’ll just get you all together and then just take pair shots” he ended and the other staff pulled us to the change room to get changed and all.

 

All their faces are relaxed and everything while I’m here frustrated on how I’ll do this shoot without and awkwardness.

 

“Sandara-ssi” I voiced called, I waited till the makeup unnie was done with my lashes before I turned and when I did Jaejoong was standing by the door with the same expression as mine. Awkward!

 

“Neh Jaejoong-ssi” I responded looking back to the mirror so they can finish my make-up.

 

“Umm… I just wanted to say Hi and I hope we can work well together. Bye” he said shyly and leaving after immediately. For some reason that made me smile and cheered up my mood while the coordinate unnies was teasing me non-stop!

 

The first shoot was inside the place and the set was like a garden, secret garden if I may add. Flowers of different kind everywhere and ice-tea and all those summer kind of thing. We were first to shoot and that didn’t make anything better although his constant smiles to me when I look at him is making me feel a lot better.

 

“Ahuh! I think Jae hyung likes you” Daesung nudged me and whispered teasingly, I looked back at him with a glare and he just smiled slyly.

“Dara-ssi, Jaejoomg-ssi let’s get started shall we” the photographer called us and I was all to unwilling to walk forward but with the push of Jihyo unnie I almost stumbled forward hitting my face on the floor but with the help of Jaejoomg-ssi I didn’t happen.

 

“Thank you” I thanked him and again he smiled sweetly making my heart race a little.

 

So the coordinators had me wear an oversized dress-like shirt and short shorts underneath that. For the first time it feels weird getting dressed up since it’s a normal outfit and my hair is down and curled up and fancy.  Anyways Yukjin-ssi asked us to be couple-y like, holding hands, embracing and sitting on his lap, all things that are normal for couples to be doing, I’m just thankful he’s not making us kiss or make me hug him while lying down and all that coz that would just be too much for me to take.

“That was very nice Dara-ssi and Jaejoong-ssi but it would be much better if you two act more realistic. More feelings. More skinships. More LOVE” like that’s not where trying to do right now. “How about, while I take the others’ photos the 2 of you can hang out and more” he shoo-ed us away and letting us have a time of our own.

 

We, well I decided to go outside to get some fresh air and he quietly followed behind. He started humming songs and it sounded very nice, i have to admit his voice is much better live and up close not that it was never good but now you can say i can appreciate it more.

 

"Dara-ssi" he called and when i turned around to ask what is it his head was turned to the side looking at the sea.

 

"Want to go to the shore?" i offered and he smiled.

 

We headed on the side that was empty so no fans will see us and come chasing us or something. He helped me get down very gentlemanly, assisting me with much care and gentleness which is really appreciated.

 

He went running towards the water like a kid who just saw it for the first time, laughing at the same time. I didn't quite catch what he was laughing about but i just laughed along.

 

A flock of birds were playing by the side so i turned my attention on watching them.

 

"Nuna" he suddenly called.

 

I was a bit surprised to that not that its weird or anything but its just a little new to me. Nonetheless, I went to him happily but regretted it as soon as i stood beside him. Out of nowhere he suddenly poked me at the back making me almost fall over and get wet. Good thing i had a good grip on him or else there woukd be a long explanation as to why i fell in the water.

 

But then when i thought it was just that he bent down and carried me up, swinging me around like a pinata.

 

"YAH! Jaejoong-ah put me down or else ..." i threatened and that got him to stop and look down at me with one eyebrow up. "Or else what?' he asked but i was too slow to answer back and so the flinging started again.

 

"I'll bite you" i yelled and he just laughed it off thinking I didn't mean it.

 

Since he was wearing a tank top his forearm was all too welcoming for me to bite into and so without further a due I bit him and that got him to fully stop and put me down. The moment my foot touched the ground i made a ran for it, it's all too obvious he's going to chase me and he did.

 

"Nuna you're dead when i catch you" he yelled and that was good enough for me to start running faster, thanking Hwangsabu-nim for all those running excersices.

 

I was almost far away from him, safe from whatever he's going to do so i stopped for a second behind a rock to catch my breathe. I was never the athletic type and never going to be but its a miracle i actually got this far.

 

"Aigoo ... I'm so dead when he catches up to me" I choked up in between hard breathing.

 

"You got that right" a voice spoke just above me and like a horror movie my head turned, trembling with the fear its him. Unfortunately it was him and i just felt like my heart dropped.

 

"Acckkkk" once again I made a run for it but alas he caught me.

 

I was laughing too hard to even yell for help and him tickling me isn't helping with my breathing at all. Good thing he stopped or i would have died- not really but you get what i mean.

 

"Perfect!" someone said and we both kept turning side to side to see where it came from and it came from no other than the photographer and beside him was pretty much everybody else.