Final

Flawed

 

Luhan had flaws, and he had a lot of them. 

His biggest issue was the abundance of habits that plagued his every action and held his life by the reins.  While the habits weren't exactly...bad ones, they were irritating enough for him to grit his teeth in frustration when he caught himself falling into the rut of his latest. And it seemed the more he accidentally created, the longer his list grew until his quirks were no longer "habits" but his everyday lifestyle.

 He bit his nails, he nibbled on his pens, he folded his socks inside out. He left the light on when he left a room, causing his electric bill to skyrocket and earning it a spot on his list of his worst habits. He chewed his bottom lip until it bled and drummed his fingers on every possible surface. He was a mess of bothersome quirks and he had no idea what to do about it.

And with the habits came the addictions. Nothing terribly severe such as smoking or drinking or anything of the sort; no, even though he was of age, Luhan tended to stick towards the sober end of life. His addictions were...well, generally ridiculous things. Wilber Pan songs, Disney movies (particularly Lilo and Stitch), banana pancakes with banana milk on the side, bubble tea. He simply couldn't survive without a single one of them.
It was...bordering pathetic, to say the least. 

And while the little things got to him pretty badly (and pissed his best friend Zitao off to no end), they were absolutely nothing compared to his two most severe obsessions; shoujo mangas and Oh Sehun. 

It was just his luck that the two seemed to be a package deal.

 
He had first seen Sehun when he wandered in to buy the latest edition of the manga he had been reading. The boy looked just like a character that had jumped from the pages of all of his favorite stories, too perfect to be real. And, of course, he just happened to speak to Luhan while he was browsing the section. 

"Can I help you with anything?" 

He had the silkiest voice Luhan had ever heard. It was liquid sugar seeping down his spine. 
Luhan had turned crimson at the sound and dropped the volume of Junjou Romantica he had been examining as if it were on fire. He scrambled to pick it up and shoved it back onto the shelf as Sehun gave him a small, curious smile.

 "N-No!" Luhan answered quickly. "I'm just...looking." And look he did. From the dark chestnut tresses of Sehun's hair to his pursed full lips, from his sleepy eyes to the stray piece of hair brushing against his forehead  He let his gaze burn over the  protruding collarbones, the t-shirt with "Oh Sehun" embroidered over the pocket, the slim torso, the shapely hips, the long legs. Sehun was mouth watering. 

Sehun had cleared his throat and Luhan became a tomato. "Well, let me know if you need anything. I'll be over at that register," he had said, pointing to the front of the store. Luhan nodded quickly and swallowed hard as Sehun gave him a warm smile before returning to his spot at the register. 

Luhan had been sure to pay at a different register so he could avoid another awkward encounter with that beautiful boy, but that didn't stop him from casting furtive glances in his direction. 


It had only been two days since then, and Luhan was struggling for excuses to see him again. 

"There's a new volume of Bleach out. Maybe I should go buy that," Luhan says to Tao as the two of them walk home from a lecture at their university. He tucks his hands behind his head and tilts it back to gaze at the cloudless sky. 

"You don't even read Bleach, you idiot. Just go talk to him," Tao growls, clutching the strap of his bag. He flashes Luhan a disbelieving look and rolls his eyes as the other purses his lips in determination.

"Well…I could start! Besides Tao, it's not that simple. I can't just talk to him. He already caught me in the section of the store, he probably thinks I'm a freak!" Tao snickers behind his hand and Luhan shoots him a frustrated pout. 

"He caught you in the section? Oh my god, that's hilarious. Almost as bad as Kris spotting me in Gucci while I was modeling which handbag I wanted to get in the mirror." 
Luhan rolls his eyes and drums his fingertips against the fabric of his jeans. "That's different! Kris actually likes you and thinks your Gucci obsession is endearing. My situation is much worse, trust me. Sehun probably thinks I'm some homoual manga loving weirdo!" Luhan runs a hand through his hair and looks to Tao for help. 

"But…you are a homoual manga loving weirdo," he says slowly, tilting his head in confusion.  Luhan groans and cuts his eyes at Tao. 

"Not. Helping." He growls through clenched teeth, turning his gaze away from the other boy. "This is a big deal Tao! I'm...I'm in love." 

Tao rolls his eyes and turns back to face the front, tucking his hands into his pockets. "You say that every week, Lu." Luhan scuffs his shoes against the pavement and frowns. 

"It's different this time," he murmurs quietly, almost to himself. 

Sehun was something special; why couldn't Tao see that?



Luhan keeps his gaze down as he steps inside the manga shop, refusing to let himself look up and scan the room for Sehun. He was here for a new manga, that was it. And definitely not . 

But Luhan has a habit of not listening to what he tells himself to do, and he looks up to see Sehun talking to a woman at the register. His heartbeat pounds impossibly fast and he ducks behind a Sailor Moon cutout, praying that Sehun doesn't see him or recognize him. Sehun leads the woman away from the register and gestures towards which aisle she should look in before he disappears down a different aisle. Luhan exhales a sigh of relief until a familiar voice and a warm rush of breath on his neck startles him. 

"Just looking again?" Luhan lets out a small yelp of surprise and Sehun chuckles beside him. He laughs nervously and drums his fingers against the wooden bookshelf. "Ah, kind of, I was actually wondering if you had, um, this in stock?" He points to a poster of a brand new manga and Sehun frowns. 

"Hmm, I think we sold our last copy of that yesterday. But if you come up to the register, I can write down your phone number and call you when it's in stock."
Call him. Sehun was going to call him. Oh Sehun. 

"O-Okay." 
Luhan follows Sehun to the register and swallows hard when he asks for his name. "Luhan," he answers, and recites the digits of his phone number. Sehun writes it all down and gives him a warm smile. 

"Great," he says. "I'll call you." 


"He said he'll call me," Luhan brags to Tao the next day with a satisfied smirk. "Oh Sehun is going to call me."

Tao rolls his eyes and turns back to the professor. "That's his job, Lu." 

But he can't kill Luhan's good mood no matter how hard he tries. 


A phone call wakes up Luhan Saturday afternoon, his only day to sleep in. He reaches blindly for his phone and flips it open, pressing it to his ear. "Mm?" He murmurs, still half asleep. 

"Um, Luhan? This is Sehun. From the manga shop? Your order is in." Luhan shoots up in bed, ignoring the way his hair is matted to his head and the thick taste of sleep on his tongue. 
"I'll be right there," he says, and he's out of bed before Sehun can even respond. 


Once he's properly dolled up, Luhan walks to the manga shop and scans the room shyly for Sehun. He's helping a customer when they lock eyes and Sehun gives him a warm smile, holding up a single finger.

 "Hey," he says when he finally finishes speaking to the customer. 

"Hey," Luhan responds quietly, smiling shyly at the other boy. Sehun hands him the book and their fingertips brush just enough to make Luhan's head swoon. He mumbles a thanks and turns to go when Sehun grasps his arm.

"Wait! Um, I get off of work in fifteen minutes. Do you...want to go somewhere?" Luhan stares at him in shock as Sehun rubs timidly at the nape of his neck. 

"Sure," he finally says when his breath returns. "I would love to."



They choose a small cafe a few blocks away and Sehun orders cappuccinos for both of them despite Luhan's protests and insistences to pay. 

"Let me, okay? Consider it a present for our first date." He says something else after that but Luhan can only replay the word date over and over in his thoughts. 

They take a seat at a small table for two and Sehun's knees graze his just barely as he leans in close. The small touch makes Luhan's skin tingle softly and he's positive that his cheeks are crimson by now. 

"How old are you?" Sehun asks suddenly, hands toying with a napkin on the table. 

"22," Luhan answers. "And before you say anything, I know I look like I'm barely old enough to drive. It's terrible." Sehun shakes his head quickly and rests it in his hands. 

"I think it's cute," he says with a warm smile. "I'm only eighteen, but I'm almost out of high school. I'll be at university soon like you." The waiter sets down their coffees and Luhan takes a long sip, peeking over the rim of his mug to catch a glimpse of the way Sehun's Adam’s apple rises and falls. It's entirely too attractive. 

Luhan sets the mug down on the table again and wipes at his lips. Sehun frowns and reaches out, pointing at his lip. "You have..." He trails off, brushing his thumb against Luhan's bottom lip. His breath hitches in his throat at the small touch and suddenly, Sehun presses a kiss gently against the corner of Luhan's parted lips. The two stare at each other in shock and Luhan moves to stand, embarrassment getting the best of him. 

"I should probably, um, go," he says, scrambling away from the table. Sehun reaches out and catches his wrist before he can escape and hide the furious blush spreading across his cheeks. 

"Can I walk you home?" 


Walking him home turns into letting him inside, and letting him inside turns into parted lips, hushed gasps, and hands snaking under t-shirts. 

 Sehun presses Luhan against the door to his apartment and molds their bodies together, weaving his fingers through his soft hair. Luhan lets out a sound reminiscent of a whimper and pushes halfheartedly at Sehun's shoulders. 

“Wait, I…I have to tell you something. I have flaws," Luhan mumbles between clashing teeth and broken syllables. "Big flaws. I have habits and I'm whiny and entirely too obsessive, especially when it comes to you and I think that I'm just trying to say that I like you. I like you a lot Oh Sehun but I'm a mess and I don't mind if you just walk away-" Sehun presses his lips against Luhan's again and cuts off his tirade. 

"I like you too Luhan. I thought we had established that already," Sehun says with a coy smile, and he pulls Luhan closer to him than humanly possible.