Getting Closer To You

Wish I Could Have Met You First...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Next morning, Victoria woke up as soon as the sunlight peeked through the curtain. She rubbed her eyes lazily and looked around the unfamiliar place. Everything is in the elegant white. She turned aside and looked at the figure next to her. The fact disappointed her as the one who now shared the same bed with her was not Nichkhun – her boyfriend but another man. Nichkhun never stays by her side when she wakes up, only the empty site greets her in the next morning whenever they have spent a night together. It made her heart ache. However, watching Donghae sleeping soundly next to her right now reduced the loneliness a little. It’s true that he kept his word. He remained his place since last night – not crossing the line as he had promised her. A smile curved on her lips when she thought of his words. He is such a gentleman!

She quietly got off the bed and went to the bathroom to get fresh. 20 minutes later, she got out and saw Donghae still sleeping so Victoria decided to downstairs and made breakfast for them. Alarm clock rang noisily waking him up. Donghae stretched his body before getting off and tidying the bed. He found it’s weird when there was no sign of Victoria in the room. He knocked the bathroom’s door as he thought Victoria might be inside but there was no response. “So, she’s gone” mumbled Donghae disappointedly before getting in the bathroom. A delicious smell greeted him when he walked downstairs.

When Victoria turned around and was about to put the dishes on the table, she surprisingly saw Donghae staring at her. She examined herself before asking him “Is there something wrong?”

“I thought you left already. It’s good to see you around” told Donghae taking a seat “You cook this for me?”

“Neh” replied Victoria with a bright smile “I planed walking you up when I’m done but you’re up already”

“Should I get back to bed now?” joked Donghae chuckling.

“No need to. Enjoy the breakfast, oppa” stated Victoria giggling at his joke.

“Thank you for the breakfast” said Donghae with a warm smile before take a bite of the food.

“Thank you for letting me stay” Victoria said back and started eating too.

“Your cooking is really good. I should consider whether letting you cook when you stay here” praised Donghae giving her a thumb up.

“My pleasure” said Victoria with the gesture of a Renaissance lady and Donghae couldn’t help giggling at her cuteness.

“Do you have school today?” asked Donghae looking up from his dish.

“Neh, oppa. How about you?” answered Victoria chewing her food.

“I’m gonna go after breakfast. I can give you a drive if you don’t mind” ordered Donghae smiling brightly.

“How can I mind if I can go to school without using my strength anyways?” said Victoria half joking as she finished her breakfast. Donghae followed her and insisted to wash the dishes. “So what will we do today, oppa?” asked Victoria curiously. Yesterday, we slept together so how about today?

“Holding hand. How do you think?” Donghae asked wanting to make sure Victoria’s fine with his suggestion.

‘It’s great” exclaimed Victoria “Then how about tomorrow and the next day and the next of next day and the next of next of next day?”

Her question made Donghae burst into laugh. The way she uses those words is so cute. “We will hug tomorrow and in the third day, we will kiss. We will make out in the fourth day then we will bath together in the fifth day, and in the sixth day, I haven’t decided yet”

“Umm…” Victoria just nodded showing that she understood.

‘Are you okay with it?” asked Donghae in concern.

“Uh” Victoria nodded again.

“We should go now before we are both late” told Donghae watching his watch then he extended his hand asking shyly “So, can I hold your hand now?”. Victoria shyly nodded and placed her hand on his palm. During the way to her school, their hands didn’t separate. “What time are you off?” asked Donghae curiously while his eyes still glued on the road.

“4.30” informed Victoria looking straight. Her heart beaten hard since their hands connected. Her face slightly blushed but lucky for her, Donghae didn’t see it or she thought that he didn’t see it. As soon as they reached her school, Victoria quickly greeted him and got out. She immediately ran into school with her hand holding her chest as her heart pounced like crazy. She left out a loud relieve sigh to calm her nerves.

At 4.30, Victoria’s class ended. She walked with her friends and there was a crowd in front of the school gate. Her friends and she were curious of what happened. Donghae was standing in front of his car while using his phone. When he looked up, he saw Victoria surprisingly staring at him while standing with her friends. He came to her with a gentle smile and held her hand leading her to his car before driving off.

“Oppa~” called Victoria still staring at him. Knowing what she wanted to ask, so he told “I have nothing to do after working so I think of pick you up. So what do you want to eat tonight?”

“Umm…samyupsan” suggested Victoria uncertainly.

“Then let’s go to the supermarket to buy materials” stated Donghae with a big grin and they was heading to their destination. “Holding hands?” told Donghae extending his hand to hold hers again as soon as they stepped out the car. Victoria gave him a small smile in reply. She got used to it now. Some employees in the supermarket mistook that they’re a couple and they would compliment that Donghae and Victoria are really match which made Victoria blush and explained but others didn’t believe and thought that she was shy. Donghae just chuckled and watched her expression. Victoria was happier than usual as someone went shopping with her. Nichkhun never takes his little time to go to the market with her even since he wooed her. Dinner passed happily between those two and then it’s time to go to bed. Not like yesterday, Donghae was sleeping when Victoria walked out of the bathroom. There was still a blanket between them because Donghae thought that it could make her more comfortable. Victoria climbed quietly on the bed because she didn’t want to wake him up. He must be exhausted.

Feeling some movements, Donghae opened his eyes lazily and saw Victoria was pulling the blanket up to cover him. “Did I wake you up?” asked Victoria apologetic.

“Aniyo. I just let my eyes rest a little” said Donghae rubbing his tiring eyes before sitting up. He took the book he read yesterday from the drawer.

“What is it? Is it important?” questioned Victoria lying on her side to face Donghae.

“A book to entertain” explained Donghae with a smile on his face.

“If it’s unnecessary to read it now, you should go to sleep. You look tired” advised Victoria caringly with her innocent bunny eyes staring at him.

“Gwenchana. You can sleep first” insisted Donghae with his eyes glued on the pager.

“Uh uh” Victoria shook her head and took his book away placing it under her pillow “You should rest. Read it when you’re full of energy”

“Give back to me” whined Donghae like a kid as he bended forward to get his book back but Victoria stopped him.

“You can’t cross the line, remember?” warned Victoria and he was a little taking back.

“Okay, then let’s sleep” stated Donghae giving up and turned off the lamp. “We forget holding hands” told Donghae with a chuckle then he extended his hand again while lying on his side to face Victoria. They were now looking at each other.

“Isn’t your hand tired if we continue?” asked Victoria blinking her eyes.

“No. So your hand?” requested Donghae again and Victoria didn’t hesitated holding his. “It should be like this” c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter