chapter nine.

The Geek and The Jerk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9uT393YbeQ


You laid on your stomach on the grassy fields of the park. Luhan casually sat down next to you and took his books out of his bag. He saw books in your bag. "So you finally decided to bring all of your books?" he asked, with a chuckle. "Aren't you going to be embarrassed if one of your friends see you here?" he asked as he opened his notebook.
You casually shrugged. "They can't even come here if they wanted," you said.  "Besides, they don't even know where I live. So there's a 90% change of them not being able to see me!" you said.
"Make that a 50% chance," he said.
You looked at him. "What?" you asked with shock. Luhan pointed to where he was looking. Your eyes widen and you saw Seyong and your two friends. "CRAP!" You grabbed your bag and grabbed Luhan's arm, pulling him behind a tree.

Luhan glared at you. "What are you doing?!" he asked.
You shot him a glare back. "SHUSH! If I get caught being here with you, my status is going to be lower than yours!" you said.
Luhan gave you a look. "So you status is more important than your education? I thought you wanted to get attention from your dad by using education."
"Just shut up okay?!" you hissed.
"What if I don't want to? You're not the boss of me," Luhan snapped back.
You ignored his saying and waited until the 3 left.

When they had left, you exhaled of relief and sat on a nearby bench. Luhan sat beside you. "Because of your stupid friends, you're wasting both our time. We haven't even started the tutoring," Luhan complained.
"Then get out the books and start teaching me!" you exclaimed.
"What am I, your butler?!"
"No, my tutor. And your job is to tutor me! Now tutor!" you said.
Luhan sighed and opened his book. "You know Chinese right?"
You gave him a look. "Ew. No, of course not. I hate Chinese. But I do love Chinese take out!"
Luhan glared at you. "You do know that I'm Chinese right?"
You blinked innocently. "Well then... I hated you before I knew that you were Chinese," you said.

"If you don't like Chinese, then why take a class on that?" he asked.
You shrugged. "Because," you said.
Luhan sighed. "You know, most owners look for people that know mulitiple languages. How are you going to get a job if you only know Korean?" he asked.
"Simple. I don't. Even if I want to work for someone.. I won't have a choice anyways. It's either take over dad's company, or be homeless." You held your head low.
Luhan looked at you. "So that's why you're dad wants you to be tutored... So that you'd be ready to take over the company with Xiumin hyung." Silence. You looked at Luhan. He looked as if he was in a deep thought. "What is your dream?" he suddenly asked. "What do you really want to do when you graduate?"
You paused. "Draw," you said. "An illustrator is what I want to be," you said. Luhan looked at you. *That's highly unexpected coming from a girl that's rich...*

Suddenly, there was a loud banging. You both looked up, not seeing the bright and clear skies anymore, but a dark and gray sky. "It looks like it's about to rain... We should leave. Or at least get something to eat," Luhan said. You nodded in agreement.
The both of you quickly put your books into your bags. Just as you both left the park, it started raining. "Aww! Seriously?! I don't want to get sick!" you complained.
Luhan grabbed your arm before you could complain anymore and pulled you along. "Let's get to shelter before we both get wet!" he said.

You both ended up in a nearby cafe. "Chanyeol!" Luhan said.
"Hyung!" he replied. You looked up and saw Luhan hugging the boy.
"Chanyeol, you don't happen to have some extra clothes, do you? I'm soaking wet," Luhan complained.
"I think I do... Have a seat. Hyemi will serve for you two," he said and left the two of you there.

The both of you sat down at a table. The waitress walked up to your table. "Chanyeol told me to serve you guys so, my name is Hyemi. Is there anything that you'd like? We have various coffee and desserts," she continued.
Luhan shook his head. "No thanks," he told her. Hyemi nodded and turned to you.
"Oh my... Do you need some dry clothes?" she asked.
You kindly shook your head. Hyemi nodded and left. Chanyeol came back. "No luck."
"Are you just saying that so I don't have to wear your clothes or are you just saying that?"
"NO! I'm serious hyung!" Chanyeol said. "Geez, all ways accusing me..." he mumbled and left the two of you alone.

"There's no use of tutoring today after we spent most of our time at the park doing nothing and then running here from the rain. We shall continue the tutor tomorrow at school," he said. "The rain stopped. Let's go home..." he said and walked out of the cafe with you following behind.


The next day of school, it was still raining. You sighed and sniffled. "Yah, are you sick? What did you do yesterday?" Hara ask.
"I can't be sick... I've never been sick my whole life! My brother had his stupid nerd friend come over and tutor me.." you said, and sighed.
"Yah," Sori said and nudged you in the rib. "Where is the nerd? Luhan I think his name is..."
You looked up and saw no Luhan. Just his friends. *He's probably sick... It's my fault for having him come to the park with me...*
"YAH! You said that your brother's friend tutored you! Does this mean that you're getting tutored now?!" Hara asked.

You shrugged. *Act cool.* You opened your mouth to say something, but then the last bell rang. Students started leaving the classroom. "See you tomorrow, Jieun!"
You waved to them and left the school. *Maybe... I should visit him to see how he's doing...*


"Aish. I told you that it was raining yesterday! You should've listened to me! Now you're sick and you can't attend school today!" Luhan's dad exclaimed.
Luhan lowered his head in shame. "I'm sorry, dad. I'll listen to you next time..."
"You better," his dad said, and slammed Luhan's door shut as he left.
You sat there and looked at Luhan. "I'm sorry... I should've checked the weather before we could've gone to the park..." you said.
Luhan sneezed. "Whatever."
You pouted. "I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really--"
"Okay okay! I got it! You're sorry! Now shut up!" Luhan snapped. You immidently shut your mouth. Luhan sneezed again. "If you're really sorry, then go and get me some tissues at the market."
"But... Aren't your parents suppose to do that for you?" you asked.
"You idiot, you think my parents have enough time to be going around and find tissues for me?"
You sighed. "Okay, I'll get you some. But if I do, promise that you won't be mad?" Luhan nodded and shooed you away. "Okay!" you said and ran to the nearest market.

"Tissues, tissues, tissues... Where are they?" you went up and down the aisles and found tissues. "What? How can there be so many brands for tissues?! Aish... I'll just.. Take this one," you randomly took a box of tissues off the shelf. You smiled at yourself. "Perfect!" You went to pay for it and started walking back to Luhan's house.
On the way to his house, you stopped in a nearby soup resturaunt. "Perfect! Soup and tissues for Hanburger!"

You rang the doorbell of Luhan's house. His mom answered the door. "Hello, Jieun, you're back," she said with a smile.
You nodded. "I have some soup for Luhan and tissues too," you said.
His mom smiled. "Really? I'll go heat up the soup then. Thank you so much for taking care of Luhan. His father and I barely have enough time to take care of him...." she said, taking the soup. "Luhan's in his room. I'll bring the soup up to him in a few moments," she said and disappeared into the kitchen.

You walked up to Luhan's room. You peeked inside his room. "Hanburger~" you said. You walked inside his room and found him asleep. You blinked. *He must be really tired...* You walked up to his bedside and looked at him. *For once, he actually looks... Like a different person. More relaxed...* You touched his forehead. You frowned when you felt his hot forehead. *He's a lot more sick than I thought...* You sighed and took the tissues and put it on the nightstand next to his bed.
You turned to leave, but then something held your wrist. You turned and saw Luhan awake. "What are you doing?" he coldly asked.
"N-nothing... I just came to give you the tissues and--"
"Leave."
"What?"
"I need some rest. Leave. Don't even come back here," he said, coldly.

You frowned. "Are you still mad?"
"Leave."
"Is that a yes?"
Silence. "Leave."
Your eyes furrowed. "You know, you're the kind of person who doesn't keep their promise. You promised me that you wouldn't be mad at me if I got you tissues. And I even got you--"
"I. Said. Leave," he said, glaring at you.
You frowned. But in the end, you left, slamming the door behind you as you left. "Jieun!" Luhan's mom shouted. "Where are you going?" She frowned when you didn't reply, she glared towards Luhan's door. Without bothering to knock, she just barged inside. Luhan looked at her. "What was that?"
"What?" Luhan replied.
"You two were fighting weren't you?"
"Mom, don't even care about it. It's not like we're dating or anything..."

"At least I like her more than that girl you liked," his mom said.
"She has a name, mom. And it's Jiyoung," Luhan said coldly.
His mom sighed and shook her head. "Don't yell at a girl who cares about you..."
"What? Jieun? Hell, she only cares about herself--"
"If she cared about herself then why did she go out and get you soup? She obviously cares about you more than your own parents do." Luhan stayed silent. His mom set the tray of soup on his desk and left his room.

Luhan sighed and leaned his head back on his pillow. His phone rang, recieved a text message. But he didn't look at him. He just closed his eyes and rested. *Peace and quiet is all I need at the moment.*

Don't bother come and tutor this week, the text said.


OTL Lame update. >< Took me hours to finish this! And I need to sleep. >< Pai pai~
I think I made this story go by too fast.... >.>