Heartbreak

Almost

 

Listen to Almost by Tamia... it'll give you that sad effect, I think? :)

On with the story...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yah, Jinae can you help me?” asked Doojoon as he took a sip from his cola.

“What is it? If it pertains to money, I’m broke.”

“It’s about Naeul…” upon hearing that name my heart began to feel a pang of pain.

“What?” I tried to sound as serious as possible.

“I’m going to ask her out, tonight.” His voice, it sounds so soothing.

“Wow, congratulations!” I tried to put on a smile to give him encouragement.

“Thanks, but I was planning on surprising her.” He then told me how he would propose to her. Of course, I just had to be there.

“Remember, come to my house at 5:00 pm sharp. I’ll pick her up at 6:30 so by that time I expect the house to be set.”

“I’m your friend Doojoon, not your maid!” he just chuckled. I can’t believe that he takes me too lightly.

“Fine, I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m nervous. You know how much I like her, right?” Of course I do. That’s why you ignore me.

“Yeah, you talk about her 24/7. Even in your sleep.” “ I do?”

“I was kidding.” There are times when I can’t help but .

“Yah, are you playing with me?” he says with a smirk. That same smirk I fell for two years ago.

“Whatever. Hurry up will you!”

“Aigoo, my baby is angry!” he then wrapped his arms around my waist. I really hate it when he does this.

“Yah! Yoon Doojoon, get your hands off me!” I tried to pry them away but his grip was too strong.

“You don’t like me anymore, do you?” I hate it when he’s like this. He’ s such a flirt

“Yah, if you’re trying to flirt with me it ain’t working! Now let go!” I threatened him that if he doesn't let me go I might have to kick him

“Yah, you dare bully your oppa!” I ignored his rants as I continued walking with a huge smile on my face.

 

 

I arrived at his house around 5:20

I was about to knock when the door suddenly flew open

“Where were you?” he looks so cute when he’s annoyed.

“I was busy.” I passed by him and sat on the couch.

“Seems like your done with the decoration” I can see some petals on the table and a rose. On the side is a huge teddy bear with the words ‘mine’ embroidered on its chest.

“Yah! I’m panicking here and all you can do is joke around!” He does look a mess his hair is messy and his shirt is half ed. I can’t help but giggle at the sight.

“What you laughing at?”

“You’re a mess.”

“Thanks for pointing out the obvious.” He then tried to cuff the collar but was having a hard time in buttoning it

“Aish, here! Let me do it.” As I was fixing his collar I can’t help but feel attracted to his scent.

“Done.”

 

It was now 7:00 and their ‘date’ is starting.

“Here’s your dinner.” I then served two pastas. Yeah, that’s right I became his personal maid.

“Thanks Jin” said Doojoon with a smile. As I stare at him I can’t help but smile back.

I went back to the kitchen and decided to spy on them. Doojoon’s gaze is different, his aura is different. It seems livelier than usual and I hate it. I hate that the fact that he likes someone that isn’t me and the fact that I’m only a friend to him.

I opened my phone to see a picture of him and me at an amusement park. He had his arms around me while I flash a V sign.  He knows that I like him but, I guess he just tries to dodge it so that our friendship wouldn’t be ruined.

I can hear music coming from the living room. As I take a peek, I saw him and Naeul swaying to the music. I held my phone tighter. Tears were threatening to fall but I tried to stop it.

“Na eul,  would you…” “Yes!” “I haven’t asked you yet..” said Doojoon with a chuckle. “I really like you Yoon Doojoon” said Na eul with a huge smile. “I like you too” and at that moment I know that I just lost my chance. I heard the music stop and took a peek. I wished I just let it slip because I saw him and Na eul making out. They have the right to they’re officially together. I felt something wet drop on my hands and I know that I had to leave.

“Doojoon ah, please be happy, for me.” I’ll just wait for them to leave so I can finally go.

Doojoon sent Na eul home, feeling all giddy, he forgot about Jinae.

As he entered the house he noticed that the plates were all washed and that Jinae was at the couch, sleeping.

He smiled at the sight. As he approached her he noticed that she was clutching her phone. He then took it from her then noticed at what she was staring at. It was a picture of him and her at the amusement park.

He was about to put it down when Jinae woke up.

“Sorry Jin, I forgot about you. I just sent Na eul home.” Said Doojoon as he took a seat beside me.

“You always do..” I whispered softly so that he can’t hear.

“What?” “Nothing. I’ll go ahead, we still have a class tomorrow”

As I was getting ready to leave he hug me from behind.

“Thanks Jin, for understanding.” I know what he meant. I can’t help but just nod as I grabbed my stuff and go.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Oppa - Its what you call a guy who is older than you... used by girls.

 

Read and Comment ^.^