Baby Goodnight

Baby Goodnight

 

“Unnie,” Nicole said looking at Hara as she gathered her things so she could take a shower.

“Huh?” Hara said suddenly realizing that her hotel buddy was still in the room. Nicole laughed shaking her head.

“He’ll call you on chat soon, no need to look so anxious.” She smiled before walking into the bathroom planning to take a longer shower than normal.

Hara pouted as she busied herself on her laptop waiting for his call. Her eyes constantly wandered to the time in the right corner but it was just moving too slow. Giving a loud huff she reached for her phone looking for their conversation to be sure that she had the correct time.

Junnie : I’ll video chat you as soon as we’re done with this photoshoot.

“How long does it take to take some pictures?” She wondered aloud still pouting.

She hadn’t seen him in a few weeks, only able to communicate through video chats and text. Their schedules were so crazy that they only got to spend 115mins together last time they saw each other in person. Though they have been dating for closing in on a year, it was really more like maybe 4 months of dating if you think of their progress. Then you have to think of the backlash that there was because of them dating which made her feel sorry yet, Junhyung didn’t seem to mind at all. Most of the time she thought like him, I’m happy and true fans are happy for me, yet sometimes she actually gets sad thinking how people look at him differently because of her.

She sniffed wiping her eyes, people are right she is a baby and doesn’t deserve someone as strong at Junhyung. She cries over little things when really she should be strong. Before she knew it her chat icon was blinking, meaning Junhyung had free time. Just seeing his call made her mood go from dark to bright in a second. She quickly wiped her eyes making sure she didn’t look like she had been crying. Looking in the mirror she had red eyes and a slightly red nose but she could just blame that on the fact that she’s tired.

“OPPA!” She said cheerily answering his call grinning into the camera seeing his face. His blonde hair was curled and he was wearing a white t-shirt. He smiled back at her looking somewhat tired.

“Miss me?” he asked cheekily, Hara looked around pretending to think his question over before looking back at the camera nodding.

“Of course I did, you missed me too right?”

“Of course babe,” she looked down at her hands to hide her blush “How was your day?” he asked grabbing his bag seeming to look for something.

“Good…busy…long…we had to fly here right after Inkigayo, I couldn’t even sleep on the plane cause the noonas were doing my make up.” She pouted

“What’d you have to do?”

“We had an appearance…I could barely keep my eyes op-en” She continued finishing in a yawn.

“If you start yawning I’m going to start yawning too…and I can’t have that since I still have an appearance in 20 minutes.” He said sternly though not able to keep the smirk from his lips.

“Sorry.” Hara said softly before brightening again taking him by surprise. “Oppa I think I finally nailed it!!”

“Nailed what?” he asked confused as to what she was talking about.

“The rap!” She said with a giggle, he laughed shaking his head running a hand through his hair.

“Please don’t,”

“Come on I think I’ll get it this time!”

“Fine,” he said giving her his full attention. She smiled clearing a few times.

“I’m a lot more popular than you think, so there are a lot of girls I couldn’t meet for all this time – OPPA don’t look at me!!” She whined making him laugh

“Okay, okay, I’m closing my eyes.” He said with a grin closing his eyes. She watched him for a moment making sure that he wasn’t going to open his eyes before continuing.

“I’m a lot more popular than you think, so there are a lot of girls I couldn’t meet for all this time. So I meet them without a single second to miss you. Is like good without me? Is your heart comfortable by finding a new love? I hope you’re not having any regrets. Because for a short while, you perfectly broke me down.” When she finish Junhyung was silent before he started laughing almost falling off the couch he was sitting on. She growled puffing up her cheeks angrily at him.

“Oppa you promised not to laugh!” He moved back into the view of the camera wiping his eyes a little.

“Babe, I’m sorry it’s just…hearing Living Without You in your tone of voice is just…funny. You did a really good job though…I just don’t get why you want to learn such a…sad song.”

“Well I already knew the other songs…so I figured I should learn this one too. I mean what kind of girlfriend would I be if I didn’t know all of my boyfriends raps?”

“True,” she nodded knowingly expecting him to continue with the conversation.

“What?” She asked as he continued to look at her.

“Nothing I was just taking in your face…are you okay?” he asked reading her as usual.

“Yes, why? Do I look tired?” She faked reaching for the mirror on her night stand.

“You know what I mean…” he said softly.

“I’m fine.”

“Hara,”

“I’m fine oppa, really, I’m a Beast remember?” she said trying to show a hard face but only ending up looking cute.

“I’m always here on your side…just know that.” He said catching her eye. She nodded again as he looked at her a moment longer as if making sure before grabbing a magazine and opening to a page making her curious.

“What’s that?” Hara asked trying to see what he was looking at.

“Oh just W Korea…I picked it up at the airport.” He said giving her a look that made her blush.

“Oh.”

“Mhm, I happened to come across a few pictures…they caught my eye you see.”

“Did they…” She played along.

“Like this one in a denim dress…very nice. Then there’s a picture in red pants…cute-“

“It’s not meant to be cute!”

“I know, it still is.”

“Whatever.”

“There is though one picture I don’t approve of.” He said staring at one at the picture. Hara frowned trying to think back to the photoshoot and figure which photo he could be talking about.

“Which?”

“The one with your stomach out.” He said flipping the book so she could the picture. She rolled her eyes.

“Oh oppa stop.”

“I know but you look hot.”

“Well thank you,”

“I didn’t recognize you at first so I didn’t realize this picture was from your section. Then Hyunseung pointed it out.”

“Oppa you ne-ed to stop.” Hara said yawning again. Junhyung sighed putting the magazine aside.

“Okay, you get some sleep I have to go now anyway.” He said as someone out of view called for him.

“Really?” She whined not ready to stop talking yet not having anything to say.

“Yes, Goodnight.” He said before ending the call. She frowned closing her laptop and laying down fully on the bed.

Many of their calls will end like that without the proper goodbye. She didn’t even get to say goodnight.

“Are you two done now?” Nicole asked coming out looking totally refreshed.

“We just finished.” Hara said as her phone went off playing a verse from “Baby Goodnight” by GD&TOP she looked at the text

Junnie : Sorry we’ll talk tomorrow? Goodnight babe.

She sighed pulling up her camera deciding to send out a picture in response with the simple message “Goodnight”