Chapter 3

Personal Music Box

I'll unhide another chapter before I go to sleep because I'm feeling extremely giddy right now :) Although I have school tomorrow, which :( boohoo. But at least I get wednesday off for Anzac day. WHICH BY THE WAY IS THE DAY OF UKISS'S COMEBACK <3 -- Ok, I lied. Only because I'm feeling giddy and I won't get to update tomorrow morning cause school starts again and then you'll all have to wait an extra like 12 hours cause i have work after school :( But thats ok!

 

--------------------------

 

Chapter 3

In the absence of his 'other half', Sunggyu hadn't failed in neglecting his own wellbeing. It was now the morning three days after Myungsoo had fled, and Sunggyu had come down with an overbearing fever, unknowingly to his knowledge, which wouldn't have been so bad had he taken cold medication and had enough water and plenty of rest.

 

But how could he worry about that when his Myungie-bear had still to come home? Instead, he over exerted himself, staying awake and sitting; waiting, on the floorboards in the living room, hoping that maybe, just maybe, the door would open and he would be graced with the view of his favourite poker-face.

 

Every so often there would be a light knock on the door, sending jolts of excitement through his whole being, before having that shatter just as quickly as it had formed, when Woohyun's voice was heard asking if he was alright.

 

Thats right... Why would Myungsoo knock when he had keys.... He would always end up answering Woohyun's calls with small grunts or strange noises, instead of answering with words.

 

Eventually, he had fallen asleep, lying on the cold floorboards without a blanket to keep him warm, or a pillow to cushion his head.

 

*************

 

It was later in the evening when Woohyun had decided to check on him once again, that his unnaturally high fever was discovered. The neighbour hadn't heard a single noise to his query of being alright, so he went back to his apartment to grab the spare key that Myungsoo had given him back when the latter had asked Woohyun to 'watch my pot plants cause I don't want them dying while I'm on the school field trip'.

 

Turning the key in the lock until he heard that small snap that indicated the door was now opened, he turned the handle and pushed the door lightly with a quiet, “Gyu hyung?” escaping from his dry lips.

 

He was horrified to have found the said boy lying on the ground, curled up and sweating like the world was about to end. Rushing over and placing a hand to his forehead, he was guessing the fever to be at least 40 degrees (celcius of course, I'm Australian :P It's equal to about 104 farenheit) and he was starting to get worried when shaking the older boy seemed to have no effect whatsoever.

 

And as he stood up to reach for the phone to contact the doctor, he heard a pair of heavy footsteps enter the house, followed by the sound of feather-light steps right behind. Woohyun looked up to see the straight face of Myungsoo, and the slightly dazed and confused expression plastered onto Sungyeol's face.

 

What's wrong with him?!” Sungyeol had demanded, throwing his arms up in the air before running over to Sunggyu's aid.

 

Woohyun answered, his eyes following Myungsoo, “He's got a fever. Its got to be at least 40 degrees. I don't think he's really moved from that spot on the ground ever since three days ago. He never really answered my 'are you ok's for the whole three days he was gone, either.”

 

From the side, Sungyeol could be heard stating, “I thought you said he was fine Myungsoo. Why would he be sitting there for three days if he was coming down with a cold?”

 

That's because he wasn't ok, Yeol. Because he was waiting for Myungsoo to come home so that they could sort things out again,” eyes still planted on Myungsoo.”

 

What...? Soo, you havn't told him yet...?”

 

Told him what? That you guys have been ing for the past year? Yeah, right I can so see him admitting to that. In fact, don't tell him. Sunggyu's better off not knowing. I don't know why he puts up with you. You guys argue over the smallest of things, you starting it and him always being the one who resolves it. I just don't get it. Why does he cling on to you like you're his last hope?! Because I know you certainly aren't, and he deserves better than you!” Woohyun exploded, tearing his eyes away from Myungsoo, glancing at Sungyeol, before turning his attention back to Myungsoo when the said person began to speak.

 

What? Excuse you, Woohyun. Just because he doesn't reciprocate the same feelings for you does not mean you can blame this all on me. I was going to tell him,” Myungsoo entwined his hands with Sungyeol's, “Tell him about us. Today. I was going to do it today, alright?! Now can you shut up so we can actually worry about what's important, which is the fact that Sunggyu is---”

 

Myungsoo froze in his speech, causing the other two to turn to see what had caught his attention. There Sunggyu sat quietly, holding a hand to his head as he looked directly at the entwined fingers of Myungsoo and Sungyeol.

 

Hyung,” Myungsoo began, only to be cut off.

 

Stop. Just... Stop. I don't need to hear anymore. Just...” Sunggyu slowly stood up, holding his throbbing head with one hand while running the other along the wall to guide himself out the front door.

 

It was at that moment that the three of them realised, their oldest friend had to have been awake and had heard half of their conversation.