Infinitesimal heart

Love stained with blood

Jonghyun's POV

 

The dark night brought a quiet serenity. I strolled back and forth at our living room where I lived with my brother once.

But now I was all alone here. Although it was a middle of freezing night, I had cold sweats trickling down my forehead as I clutched tightly onto my iphone.

"Why isn't he calling me? It's supposed to be the time." I mumbled to myself under my breath, unlocking my phone screen once again to dial Kibum's number.

The number you've dialed is not available for the moment.

Please try again later.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance when I cannot reach to my brother. Kibum always called me from the hospital every evening at this time.

Surprisingly (Not in a good way), I haven't been receiving any calls!

"Kibum ah.." As I dazed into the space, suddenly my phone started to vibrate.

Without any hesitation, I answered the call.

"Kibum ah! Where are you? Are you okay?" I threw loads of question as soon as I answered the call.

"Not so fast, Jonghyun ah." I froze. It was not Kibum. I took the phone in front of my eyes to check the number again. No mistake. It was Kibum's.

"Who are you?! Where's my brother?!" I howled at the stranger. My heart was beating so fast that I could feel my own pulse.

"Long time no see, Jonghyun-ah. It's me, Taecyeon." The guy on the other line chuckled as he answered.

"Ta-Taecyeon?" I suddenly felt an urge to throw up once I heard the name. This name had been a jinx haunting me for so long.

"Yep, Yep. If you don't remember...I was the one who witnessed you killing your stepfather who was your little baby brother! well, who's right beside me ya know..." He said and a few seconds later, I could hear some deseperate mumblings at the background.

"What are you doing to Kibum?! Let him go!" I yelled, feeling a mixture of anger and anxiety. I won't let you lay a finger on Kibum, Taecyeon. Not when I am still alive!

"What do you want, Taecyeon?" I said between my gritted teeth but just getting a satisfied laughter from the other man.

"Well, you're still a smart boy, Jonghyun. I promise this is the last time I am threatening you like this. I promise this is the last task for you." Taecyeon commanded in a bossy tone.

"W-What is it?" I bit my lips, knowing Taecyeon,he is such a relentless guy. He would make me do nasty things again.

"Just one thing, Jonghyun.I want you to execute a person for me. He's the witness of our crime. Does Lee Taemin sound familiar to you?" I could even imagine Taecyeon's smirk on the other side.

Why would I not know him? He's the only brother of my lover, Lee Jinki.

"Why don't you just kill me, Ok ing Taecyeon!" I yelled into the phone, tears sprung into my eyes and threatening to fall freely.

"Oh, well, Jonghyun, you are one useful bastard and good to play around! Why would I kill you?" The beast man said. But then I heard a loud whimper at the background.

"UHHMPHHH!!!!"

"OK TAECYEON, DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY BROTHER!!!" The whimpering voice of Kibum pushed me to the limit. I can't take this...I can't let my brother suffer....

 

B-But, it's Jinki's brother whom I have to kill...I sank my hand in my dark brown hair, hanging my head low in frustration.

"I wanna hang up now...I'll call you again, little puppy, haha." With that, the line was dead. As soon as the conversation ended, my knees gave in and fell harshly onto the floor.

"Jinki...." I muttered. " Kibum...." Why do you make me choose between two most precious existences of my life? Why don't you just take my life, god!!!

I felt so tired, my eyelids were too heavy for me that I couldn't even keep them open anymore.......

 

~The Next Morning~

 

"Jjongie...." I felt something poking my cheeks.

"Jjongie, ireona...." The poking stopped but a soft and gentle lips brushed against my cheeks.

I forced my eyes to open but the light which was radiating through my clear window glasses was unbearable.

"How could you sleep on the floor in such winter night, Jjongie? Are you trying to attempt suicide????" The first thing I saw as I opened my eyes was my complaining Jinki who was pouting his lips out.

I chuckled at his cuteness and tried to reach for his puffy cheeks tinted in light pink.

"How did you get here, Baby?" I asked weakly as I caressed his cheeks tenderly.

"What do you mean by how? I called you so many times but you did not answer me! So I have no choice but to leave my baby Tae alone at home and come check on you!" Jinki nagged as he helped me get up from the floor.

"T-Taemin..." Something hit me right then. The whole series of conversation resurfaced in my mind.

"What's wrong, Jjongie? Your face doesn't look good..." Jinki asked as he trailed his hands down my cheeks and pecked it lightly.

"Aniya, baby...Nothing wrong.." I forced myself to put on a slight smile. Jinki then put on one of his most radiant smile and leaned into my chest.

Jinki yah...you still doesn't have an inkling about what's happening...what should I do, Baby ah?....

 

~At college, In the lecture room~

 

You've gotten one new message.

 

Jonghyun absentmindedly opened his inbox as he looked up to see whether the lecture would catch him. When he saw that lecture was busy drawing a cross section of seive tube plates on the whiteboard, he confidently shifted his gaze back to the phone screen.

To his astonishment, a video was attached to the message.

As Jonghyun pressed the play button, not forgetting to lower down the volume, the video started playing.

 

"Andwae.....Please stop it!!"

Kibum was tied to the chair with his legs widely spread and he was blindfolded.

"Jonghyun ah, your brother is too pretty...." Taecyeon said as he traced his hands down Kibum's body.

"You won't mind if I have a taste of him right?" He said as he the earlobe of Kibum.

"Hyung...Jonghyun Hyung....please save me!! *Sob* I don't want this!!!!" Kibum said as he struggled to break free from the tie.

"But Jonghyun ah, you know I hate people who resist me..." Taecyeon chuckled evilly as he took out a pen knife and traced on Kibum's smooth skin.

"I don't know when will I create ugly scars on this pretty boy...so you better finish your job soon!" Taecyeon waved at him with a erted grin and he harshly pulled out Kibum's left hand from the tie which causes burning sensation to the poor boy and motioned the latter's hand to wave goodbye.

My lips quivered and my face might look as white as a sheet of paper. I raised my hand, drawing attention of the lecturer to me.

"Sorry,Mr. Shim but can I leave? I am really not feeling well." Jonghyun said, the lecturer examined his face carefully like a detective and sighed.

"Your face is really pale, Mr. Kim. Go and get some rest." He said with a nod and continued lecturing again.

 

 

As soon as I got out of the lecture room, I ran aimlessly out of the school gate. I-I had to do something. Something for my brother.

I couldn't protect him for our stepfather.At least I want to be a good brother to him right now. I need to save him....

But what about Jinki.......who would want to date a murderer who kill his own brother......

I ran until I ran out of breath and noticed that I was beside the han river. I walked towards the water shore and stood there.

Tears fell freely from my eyes but then the cruel dark clouds started pouring the rain drops cruelly onto me, causing my miserable tears to be diluted by it.

"WAE??????!!!!!!!!!!!" I shouted my heart out, facing the wide river. HOw I wish I could just end my life in this river? At least there won't be anything that will make me suffer this much which I was feeling....

With that, my feet started to bring me somewhere....Mianhae, baby...I really do not want to do this to you...Please forgive me..

 

 

Nobody's POV

 

~Ding Dong~

"Coming!" Jinki's cheeful sweet voice came out immediately after the bell rang.

The front door of the Lee brothers' house slide opened, revealing a soaking wet Jonghyun on the doorstep.

"Jjongie???Why are you soaking wet? You're gonna get sick like this!! Quickly come in!!" Jinki said, as he tried to pull his lover inside the house but Jonghyun resisted.

"Jjongie??" Jinki glared at the other man in confusion.

"Lee Jinki." Jonghyun called, as he stared into the other boy's eyes with the coldest look.

"Let's break up."