Forever.

I'll Wait For You. {ONESHOT}

She didn't realize what she was doing, nor why she was doing it. All she knew, was she wanted to end it all. No more hurt, no more pain, no more suffering. She was gonna end it soon, without anyone there to stop her.

Until Minho showed up. . .

*FLASHBACK*

Kim Joo Chan, a typical 16 year old in high school. Smart, pretty, talented, the typical package. Always had a smile on her face, always polite, always had proper manners, always followed the rules. Always obeyed her parents, never told a lie, always helped around the house. Her family was rich, and she was an only child. She wouldn't consider herself as spoiled, because she still had to work for her money. So why was she so unhappy? She had everything she needed/wanted, right? Wrong. She felt that everything in her life was fake/materialistic. She hated that feeling. She needed something real in her life. Something that wasn't based on expectations or money. She needed a friend.

She and Choi Minho, of SHINee, have been best friends for as long as she could remember. Before SHINee debuted in 2008, she and Minho would do everything together. He was something real. He never expected anything of her, just so long as she was herself around him. She was always happy around him, always felt real. 

But one day changed all of that. She lost her best friend, her only friend in her life. The only thing that was real. How did she lose him? She confessed her feelings for him. She had loved Minho from the day she saw him playing soccer during the school tournament. It was Minho, Onew-oppa, Jjong-oppa against Eunhuk-oppa, Donghae-oppa, and Kangin-oppa. The score was tied, 3-3. Minho was right about to shoot. He missed, unfortunately, which cost his team the point. It was the championship game, and they lost because of Minho. He was devastated, until he came running her side. The look in his eyes when he saw her, full of love and happiness. She thought he felt the same. She remembers that night clearly:

"Minho-oppa, I have something I want to talk to you about."

"Yes, Joo Chan-ah?? What's bothering you?"

She looked down at her hands folded neatly in her lap. It was cold that night, in the park. They sat on a bench under the light while walking home together. She continued:

"Minho, promise me you won't be mad or think differently of me when I say this."

"Yahh, are you pregnant or something?! Who's the guy, I'll kill him!", Minho mocked. He laughed, but Joo Chan was silent. He promised nothing would change, no matter what it is she wanted to tell him.

"Okay, well. Here it goes." She looked up, straight into Minho's eyes. She saw her reflection in his eyes. She thought to herself, "What a pathetic looking thing I am,"

"Choi Minho, I've known you for many years now. Practically my whole life. I've never been this happy with anyone else, and you know that. I can be myself around you. My werid, awkward, unattractive, un-appealing self, because you don't judge me like everyone else. And I have come to realize that I won't ever find anyone else like you, anywhere."

Minho looked at her puzzled. Her pale skin glowed from the light above them, but she was blushing so much her whole face was as red as a cherry tomato.

"Joo Chan-ah, what are you trying to say?"

"Choi Minho-oppa, what I'm trying to say is. . . Minho, saranghaeyo!" She screamed out. She felt as if a huge weight had been lifted off of her shoulders. But when she turned to see his reaction, it only brught her to tears.

"Mianhae, Joo Chan. I don't know what to say to that." he said, with his head down. That just broke her apart. She ran home, tears running down her face. Her heart was torn into peices, and she caused it. If she didn't say anything, everything would have been perfectly normal between them, like usual. They wouldn't have created this awkward environment around them. She didn't even look back to see if Minho chased after her that night. She highly doubted that he did.

Minho distanced himself from her the day after. He no longer waited for her outside of her house every morning before leaving for school. She no longre had anyone to talk to. She had lost her one and only friend. The only real thing, because of that one night and that one sentence. Months passed, still no word or even a hint of recognition from Minho. She lost it. She couldn't handle living like this anymore. One day, after school, she climbed to the top of the school's gymnasium to sit and think on the roof. This is where she and Minho would always go just to vent to each other. It was sort of like their own secret spot. The sun was setting. She stood up, gazing at the orange-pink sky. She looked up at the clouds, imagining what it would be like to fly among them. She walked toward the edge. She didn't realize what she was doing, nor why she was doing it. All she knew, was she wanted to end it all. No more hurt, no more pain, no more suffering. She was gonna end it soon, without anyone there to stop her.

Until Minho showed up. . .

He threw the door from the staircase open, just to see Joo Chan standing by the edge.

"JOO CHAN, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! ARE YOU MAD?!", he screamed while running over to her.

She stopped him about 10 steps from her, saying

"Don't come any closer Minho. I don't want you here. Just go home, or be happy with your new friends. Why are you here, anyway? Wanted to rub in my face how happy you are without me in your life? Is that it? Well I don't want to hear it. JUST LEAVE."

"Joo Chan, what are you talking about? Of course I wouldn't leave you here by yourself. And what makes you think I'm so happy with those people?!"

"Don't lie. I see the way you smile with them, laughing at the jokes we once shared together. You were my only friend Minho. How could you just abondon me like that?! How could you do that to me, I thought you were my friend!"

He grabbed at her and pulled her off of the edge, but not by much. He turned her around to see her crying, tears running down her eyes. Just like the same tears from that damn night.

"Joo Chan-ah, I'm sorry I haven't been there for you after all these months. I'm sorry I've avoided you, and basically left you to live on your own. But ever since you confessed to me, I didn't know what to think, say, or how to even act around you. I didn't want to end up saying the wrong things, so I thought the best solution, was to act like I didn't know you in order to erase the memory. But I was wrong. Every night, I layed in my bed, re-playing your words over and over again. I tried to find my feelings for you, by keeping my distance. But the truth is, I've been hurting so much without you. I may not look it, but I am. I'm suffering without you. I miss having your warmth near me. I miss hearing your laugh when I say my jokes. I miss having my friend with me, and it hurt me even more to see you all alone. And knowing I caused that, only made me feel worse. And I'm sorry Joo Chan, because I still don't know my feelings for you."

She looked him in the eyes, and thought to herself, "Damn. There's that pathetic little creature again." . She grabbed his hand and placed it over her heart and helt it there for awhile. She then placed it back onto his chest, and let go of his hand. She then stated:

 

"I'm sorry, Minho. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry, that I did this to you. I caused you all your pain. Well, now you will suffer no more."

"Joo Chan, stop. Why are you saying such things?", Minho whimpered.

She whispered in his ear, "I'll wait for you."

And just like that, she jumped. Jumped out of Minho's life on Earth forever. Minho tried to grab her hand, before she reached the edge. But it was too late..

"JOO CHAN, NO!" he shouted. There she lay beneath him, body splattered on the hard cement. Students that were passing by screamed in horror, and they called an ambulance. Minho was brought into the office to explain what happened. He told them she jumped, but he didn't know why. Poor Minho was devastated and traumatized forever. They held her funeral and burial the week after.

Minho stood over her. Her cold, lifeless, colorless body, that was once Kim Joo Chan. His best friend, his partner in everything. The girl that would have been his girlfriend. Her kissed her cold, dead lips and placed a rose in the middle of her chest. They closed her coffin, and the priest said a prayer as they lowered the coffin into the ground. Her final resting place, among all the other deceased souls and bodies. Minho was the last to leave. After everyone else cleared the cemetary, he stood over the fresh pile of dirt newly poured over Joo Chan's coffin. He stood there, with his hand over his heart. He crouched down, and his tears were the first taste of liquid for the dried out dirt. He said,

"I finally realized my feelings for you, but it was too late, huh? I will never find anyone else like you out there in this world, I know that. Saranghae, Kim Joo Chan. Now it's time for you to promise me something, okay? Until my time in this world also comes to an end, promise you'll wait for me."

He stood up and scanned the cemetery. And suddenly, he felt like something was touching his chest. He placed his hand over his heart, with a puzzled look on his face. As he turned to go back to his car, he saw this cute little girl, with long black hair, in a white polkadotted dress looking straight at him. That was the outfit Joo Chan wore that night. It can't be, he thought. And when he opened the car door, someone whispered in his ear,

"I'll wait for you. Forever."

He smiled, and said aloud, one last time: "Kim Joo Chan, saranghae~."