Keys [Moon Minhee]

Dreamers

 

Guys.. so if you want to get the vibe of this, 

listen to Obsession - SHINee while reading

~intense~ jejeje

 

I drove as slowly as I could to the SM building, dreading being greeted by the old men at the door, and then being led upstairs by security guards. I missed the days when I snuck around with Taemin after my classes, him bringing a different car each time he met with me. Over the summer, we were caught, and I now had to check in with his ‘people’ every time we went out.

It wasn’t fun at all explaining my situation to Minhyo. She was already like a sister to me, and now I feared she was going to treat me differently because of the people I knew. There was one thing I did leave out: I was being pressured to train by Taemin and his company. That was the main reason I was dissatisfied with with our relationship. As soon as I told them I was a dance instructor majoring in film, they offered. And offered. And offered. Even though as a student I dreamt of being an idol, being with Taemin showed me just how stressful life could be as a busy young adult. I let him lay in my lap and cry many times when things seemed much too hard. I’ve experienced getting all dolled up for a night out, only to be disappointed because he can’t reject going out with his manager or hyungs.

The huge building appeared on my right, and I considered going right past it. I knew I couldn’t, though. It would disappoint Taemin too much when he already had so much to stress about. I sighed, turned, and parked within its large, dark, parking structure. I lingered in my car, arguing with myself.

I heard a tap on my window. I looked up, and to my surprise, was Key. Key of Shinee. He gestured for me to unlock the car door, so I did. I pulled the keys out of the ignition and looked up at him expectantly. He pulled open my door, grabbed my keys, and then threw me out of the car. He slammed the door, still holding onto my wrist, and tapped the button on the car key that locked the door. When that was done, he nearly threw the keys at me and I caught them with my free hand. 

“What do you think you’re doing?” I hissed at him. I found myself forming a bond with Key during previous visits, he was like the naggy fashionable mother I’ve never wanted. And now he was being so hostile.

“I need to talk to you before you go to that interview with us tomorrow.” Key said, leading me to a suspicious door next to the elevator in the garage. We were taking the stairs.

“Okay, but why?” I asked.

“If you’d be quiet I’d tell you why. So shut up and let me ask the questions.” He paused and looked me, his feline-like features telling me to remain quiet. “As you know, FT Island is coming to the interview tomorrow. It’s going to be love themed and whatnot, and, maybe you didn’t know this, but we have to submit our answers a while in advance. FT Island’s answers were just sent to us, because they were late in answering. Totally unacceptable.” Key looked at me as if it were okay to comment.

“I don’t see why this is worth assaulting me in my car, Key oppa.” I said, confused.

“One of the questions was about their first kisses and if they still had contact with those girls. Anything to say now?” he snapped.

“Not really.” I played dumb, which was acceptable, right? It’s possible for me to forget such an old event..

“Okay, well, I’ll tell you what Song Seunghyun said. He said his first kiss was with a younger girl with whom he no longer had contact with, but he’d love to know where she was because she was the only girl who ever sassed him, in a good way. He also agreed to release her name, because he was curious as to what became of her.” Key was practically dragging my upstairs. I struggled to keep up. 

“I- er, um, so what’s the-” I stuttered, a huge mistake on my part. Seunghyun.. remembered me? He wanted me? What did he look like again? A faint smile appeared on my lips, and I was too late to wipe it off.

“Look Minhee, I like you a lot, you and Taemin are adorable little kids. But tell me now if you think Seunghyun will be coming onto you so much you might give in. Because I know for damn sure you won’t be advancing on him, not if you want that pretty little nose of yours broken.” Key threatened me, but with a sweet tone in his voice.

“Nothing’s going to happen between Seunghyun and I.” I said, straightfaced. Nothing would happen, I mean, I had Taemin and he was all I needed. I haven’t seen Seunghyun in person in years.

“I’m not going to tell Taemin about Seunghyun’s answer. He’ll find out on his own. Let me remind you though, you are going to be introduced to the public. That means all of Shinee world that loves Taemin, will be on their toes making sure he’s with the best. That’s millions of little girls worldwide getting ready for you to up.” We weren’t at the top of the stairs, but Key stopped us in front of a large door, with a steel combination lock guarding it. Key unlocked it as quick as lightning, and opened it. It was a secret passage to their dorm.

“Taemin’s really been looking forward to this. If he cries because of you, it’ll be really sad. Your funeral and all.” Key shrugged. 

Key’s blonde hair was oddly cut, the sides were nearly balding. He had the palest softest looking skin that could rival that of any female idol. He was sporting a staggeringly deep white vneck that was practically see-through. On his lower half of the body, he wore denim capris and brown moccasins. His right hand had about three colorful woven bracelets, and one bead bracelet that spelled out ‘Jonghyun.’ I eyed it as he lead me to Taemin.