This isn't What it Seems to Be.

This isn't What it Seems to Be.

“Okay everyone, that’s all for today. Tomorrow we will talk about the values and ideals of a police officer.” Kris sets down the whiteboard marker and dismisses the class. It’s been another long day. 

 

He isn’t sure why he’s always the one stuck with doing introductory classes at the station. He’s got better things to do. So he heads towards to the captain’s office to complain, again.

 

“You have the face, Kris.” His captain pats him on the shoulders and explains.

 

“…the face?”

 

“The one that looks like you could kill someone right here and now if you wanted to.”

 

“...but-”


“You were born this way, Kris. Put that face to good use! Now go scare those newcomers, be proud!”


Kris walks out of the office and facepalms.


“Maybe if you wore less black it’d be better.” Luhan appears out of nowhere, rubix cube in one hand, a notebook in the other. As if he ever uses it though, the notebook.


Kris clears his throat, “Excuse me?”


“You should try wearing brighter colors,” Luhan repeats, “Red’s nice. Oh wait, red will make you look evil. Not good. Maybe blue? Nah, too cold. Green? No, I don’t like green. How’s yellow, hmm?”


Kris facepalms, again.


“Luhan.”


“Or maybe pink? But—”


“Lu—” 


“Purple’s nice too!”


“Officer Luhan!”


“Yes sir!” Luhan straightens up immediately and salutes. Kris flinches.


“Glad I finally got your attention.”


“Heh, sorry” Luhan grins sheepishly, “I tend to get carried away sometimes.”


“What are you even doing here?”


“Huh?” Luhan’s face is blank, “um… I forgot.”


“… how did you even pass the test.” Kris mutters under his breath as he slides past Luhan into his office.


A few seconds later, a head pokes in.


“I remembered what I was here for!” Luhan exclaims.


“Yes?” Kris says flatly.


Luhan takes a deep breath and smiles brightly. Kris all of a sudden has a feeling he’s not going to like what he’s about to hear.


“Can I go on patrol with you tonight?” Luhan asks eagerly.


“No.” Kris replies immediately.


“Why not?” Luhan face drops, and Kris almost feels his heart drop with it.


“You’re still in training.” Kris lists, “You don’t have any experience, it’s too dangerous.”


“We’re walking through streets!” Luhan pulls a chair and sits down, “What’s the worst thing that can happen?”


Kris thinks for a second.  


“Okay, fine.” He finally nods, “But you have to promise to behave.”


“Yes sir!” Luhan jumps and the rubix cube that was in his hand flies out and smacks into a picture frame on Kris’s wall, cracking the screen in half.


“Um.” Luhan blinks a couple of times, “I’ll pay for that.” 


Kris was starting to regret his decision. 


*


On the other side of the city, Sehun was just packing up from his last exam, when Tao came around and sat on his desk.


“We should celebrate. Exams are finally over.”


“I promised Joonmyun hyung I’d meet him in the library later on.”


“For what? That was our last exam, Sehun.” Tao rolls his eyes.


“But—”


“Come on Sehun!” Kai pops out of nowhere and grabs Sehun’s bag, “you only get to live once. The library can wait until some other day.”


“Fine.” Sehun groans.


“Wow,” Tao looks slightly dumbfounded, “that was easy.”


“Couldn’t have said it better myself.” Kai nods absentmindedly, “Wonder what has gotten into him lately.”


“ually frustrated, maybe?” Tao whispers back.


“I’m still here, you know.” Sehun flips a piece of hair out of his eyes, “are we leaving or not?”


*


Luhan is smiling. 


Luhan is bouncing.


Luhan is clearly very excited.


“So, where are we going? Let’s go Downtown!”


“We’re just going to drive around. There’s not much to do tonight.” Kris lies, hands tight on the driving wheel.


“Oh.” Luhan makes a sad face and pauses. “Okay.”


Kris almost feels like he’s driven over a kitten. 


“We could walk around a bit too.” Kris decides to add. 


“That would be awesome!” Luhan starts bouncing again.


Kris is not sure what to feel anymore, so he keeps driving.


*


“So…” Sehun looks around. Well, actually he can’t see much. It’s dark and lights are flashing and people are moving.

“This is different.”


“Dude,” Kai shouts, “You seriously need to get out more.”


A pair of hands touch his back, Sehun gulps and dives for the bar. 


“First time here?” The bartender grins at him, “can I get you a drink?”


“Yes,” Sehun glances around, looking for a familiar face. “And water please.”


“I’m Baekhyun.” The bartender boy says, “Sure is uncommon to see someone like you in this place.”


“I’m Sehun.” Sehun nods, “I’m actually supposed to be here.”


“Okay,” Baekhyun laughs and hands him a glass of water, “I don’t really get that.”


“Don’t worry,” Sehun takes a sip of his water, “You don’t have to.”


“Wait no,” Baekhyun shakes his head, “I mean—”


A loud crash interrupts Baekhyun’s sentence.


“.” Sehun squints, and sees Kai in the middle of the floor, and some other guy on top of him, throwing punches. Tao is by his side, occupied with some other dude and throwing out his wushu moves. He’s about to head over, but Baekhyun pulls him back by the collar of his shirt.


“What the hell,” Sehun hisses, “those are my friends.” 


“You look like you don’t know how to fight.” Baekhyun says flatly.


“I don’t.” Sehun admits.


“Then you’re no help.” Baekhyun circles out from behind the bar, “stay here, I’ll go and see what’s going on.” 


Sehun thinks for a second, as if remembering something, and pulls out his phone. 


*


Kris and Luhan are still driving around Seoul, so far the night has been relatively calm, and Kris is glad for that. He was just about to open his mouth to tell Luhan it’s about time to head back to the station when the radio transmitter beeps. 


Luhan jumps in his seat and points at it frantically, making unrecognizable noises.


“Yes?” Kris shakes his head and picks up.


“There is a problem at Club EXO, can you go check it out?”


Luhan’s eyes widen in excitement.


“Sure,” Kris wants to facepalm again, “We’ll get right on it.”


“Let’s go, let’s go!” Luhan is bouncing again, and Kris groans silently.


Kris hits the gas pedal and lights up the sirens. As soon as he stops the car on the side of the club entrance, Luhan jumps out of his seat and makes a run for the entrance.


“Luhan, wait! Procedures!” Kris shouts after him, scrambling out from his side, cursing under his breath. 


*


Sehun shuffles back and forth in front of the bar stools, more people are joining in the fight a couple of meters away. Baekhyun is nowhere to be seen. Kai and Tao are engulfed in that huge circle somewhere. He looks around for a sign of help. He had called the police about five minutes ago, but so far it seems like they’re not here yet. 


“Ah, screw it!” Sehun curses and runs towards the center of the floor, stopping for a second, heads back and grabs a beer bottle before running back, pushing people aside and looking for Kai or Tao. He’s more worried about Kai, at least Tao knows wushu. It took a while, but then he sees Kai throwing punches at some blonde-haired dude. 


So Sehun did what he had to do. He uncaps the beer bottle, and dumps the liquid over the person’s head, adding in a kick from behind.


“!” The blonde-haired dude loses his balance and falls to the ground, “That’s cold!”


“Sehun?” Kai squints, “Is that you?”


“Yeah.” Sehun twirls the empty bottle in his hand, “Where’s Tao?”


“I don’t know,” Kai wipes his mouth. "Got any more beers?”


“Who the hell are you?” The blonde guy looks at Sehun, pushing himself up from the ground.


Sehun realizes he’s going to have to end this, fast. So he raises the beer bottle in his hand, about to—


“STOP RIGHT THERE!”


A light flashes on Sehun, and all of a sudden, everything is kind of quiet. Sehun turns around to see someone in uniform, flashlight in one hand. 


“You!” That person walks closer, “You are in big trouble, mister.”


Sehun gulps.


*


Luhan feels very proud of himself. 


He examines this boy in front of him. Eyes wide but somewhat lazy-looking, beer bottle in his hand, looking slightly traumatized.


Kris finally catches up, sliding up beside Luhan.


“This is the boy that caused the ruckus here tonight.” Luhan points to Sehun. “We should bring him down to the station and ask some questions.”


“You’re sure?” Kris looks around. The lights are up, music stopped, and people are looking drunk. Nothing new.


“Positive!” Luhan whispers, “He was holding the beer bottle, about to hit someone!”


“Alright, collar him.” Kris nods, “Round up his friends too. I’m going to go around and see if anyone else saw anything.”


“Yes sir!” 


*


Sehun is completely frozen as the boy in uniform walks closer, cuffs in one hand. He stares at those cuffs. 


“Scared?” the boy dangles them in front of his eyes, “Well, you should have thought about your actions beforehand then.”


Sehun is kind of a mess on the inside.


Before he knows it, the cold feeling of metal circles his wrist, and Sehun blinks.


“Wait!” He shouts, “I’m not the one! I called! The other guy! The blonde guy! That’s the one! Why are you—”


“Silence!” The officer frowns, “Please call me officer Luhan. You are in trouble, anything you say may be used against you in the court of law. So I suggest you don’t say anything at all right now.”


*


Sehun isn’t sure how he ended up in the police car, or how he walked through the station, or how he’s sitting in a white room with no windows right now.


The door opens, and that officer—Luhan—steps in.


“So,” Luhan plops down onto the seat across from Sehun. “Tell me what happened.”


“Nothing.” Sehun blinks, “I called the police, and now I’m here. I don’t even know why I’m here.”


“Stop lying.” Luhan rolls his eyes, resisting a grin on his face. “You had a weapon in your hand. Who were you going to attack?”


“No one!” Sehun sighs, “I was trying to help Kai.”


“Sure.” Luhan leans back in his chair. “With a beer bottle to the head. That would have been helpful.”


“Why are you being like this.” Sehun says flatly. “I didn’t do anything wrong. I called the police.”


“I’m done talking with you.” Luhan leans forward, “Sit and reflect over your actions.” 


“How about no, Luhan?” Sehun smirks, “This isn't fun.”


“Then what do you want?” Luhan grins, eyes bright.


“This.” Sehun leans forward, pulling Luhan forward by this shirt collar, and their lips meet.


*


“What’s taking Luhan so long?” Kris ponders out loud as he walks down the corridor to see the boys he rounded up from earlier.


“Kris!” 


“…Zi Tao?” Kris walks up to the younger boy sitting on the bench, “Wait, you were there too?”


“Nah,” Tao laughs, “I got out quickly, but I thought Kai and Sehun might need some help.”


“Kai and… Sehun?” Kris pauses for a second. 


“Sehun must be insane, to play something like this. Never knew he had it in him.” Tao mutters. 


“Sehun…” Kris is searching through his head. Why does that name sound so familiar?


“Must have been influenced by Luhan… those two.” Tao continues absentmindedly.


“Wait,” Kris snaps back his head, “did you just say Luhan?” 


“Hmm?” Tao looks up, “Yeah, Luhan is Sehun’s boyfriend, didn’t you know?” 


Kris feels like the world is suddenly shrinking and he’s being into a blackhole.


He facepalms for the umpteenth time that night.


*


Luhan has made his way across the table, where Sehun was sitting, pushing the younger boy against the table.


“Ow,” Sehun grimaces slightly, “my back hurts. You should have brought in a pillow or something.”


“Right,” Luhan laughs, “like that’s not suspicious at all.”


Luhan pulls back slightly, and carries Sehun onto the table, the younger boy’s legs cradling his waist.


“Better?” Luhan dives for the crook of Sehun’s neck, he smells like watermelons.


“Mmm,” Sehun leans down, searching for Luhan’s lips and—


“You two.” 


The door suddenly opens. Luhan looks up, and sees a not-so-happy Kris, followed by Tao.


“Oh, hey Kris!” Luhan grins, “Meet Sehun!”


“Sehun.” Kris repeats, “Your boyfriend.”


“Suspect.” Luhan corrects.


“You sure are doing a damn good job interrogating the suspect.” Kris walks closer, ignoring the dazed look on Sehun’s face and the red marks on Luhan’s neck.


“Of course.” Luhan nods, “I take my job seriously.”


“Luhan.” Kris takes a deep breath. “What the hell actually happened tonight? Because Tao here has just told me of this little prank of yours.”


“Huang Zi Tao!” Luhan gasps, “How could you! We swore over your Gucci bags!” 


“Don't bring Gucci into this! I thought he knew!” Tao defends, “Besides, this was stupid to begin with. I can’t believe you got Sehun to comply. No wonder he actually agreed to come clubbing with us today, for once.” 


Sehun coughs, and plays with the hem of Luhan’s shirt, face turning pink.


“Don’t worry, Kris,” Luhan smiles and pulls Sehun down from the table, “I’ll take care of this. Come on, Sehunnie, let’s go.”


Tao cringes, “I get shivers everytime he calls him that.”


“Wait,” Kris shakes his head, “where are you two going?”


“Home!” Luhan says without turning his head, fingers entwined with Sehun’s, “I’m bringing him home for some further interrogation.”


Kris sighs.


“So,” Tao leans against the doorframe, “It’s still kind of early. How about we go shopping?”


“Tao,” Kris looks up, “It’s past midnight.”


“That’s why we should gonow !” Tao tugs on Kris’s sleeve. “There won’t be a crowd!”


“The stores are already closed!” Kris groans.


“Not if you go to the right place!” Tao makes a puppy face, “We can try the night market, please?”


Kris stares. 



“Okay fine.” He sighs. 


“Awesome!” Tao slaps him on the back.


“I can’t help but feel like we forgot someone though…” Kris mutters to himself as he follows after Tao.


*


“Guys? Guys?” Kai knocks on the door to the enclosed white room. “Let me out! I didn’t do anything wrong! It’s all Luhan and Sehun’s fault goddamit!” 


“Be quiet or we’ll throw you in a cell for the night.” A voice from outside the door replies, “Please wait patiently as we contact your family members.”


“Oh my life.” Kai sighs and walks back to the table. 


After a few moments, the door opens, and a boy with big round eyes steps in.


“Hello,” He smiles, eyes still wide, “I’m Kyungsoo, and I’ll be asking you a few questions about what happened tonight.”


Kai all of a sudden feels a rush of adrenaline. 


Maybe this won’t end too badly.


*


“You two,” Kai crosses his arms, “owe me big time.”


Luhan is sipping on milk and Sehun is leaning on Luhan’s shoulders, looking barely awake. 


“I was locked up in there all night!” Kai continues.


“All night!”


“All alone!”


“No one cared about me!”


“No one remembered—”


“Kai, we get it.” Luhan interrupts him, fingers twirling a piece of Sehun’s hair.


“We were caught up.” Sehun looks up sheepishly, “We didn’t mean to leave you there.”


“Caught up.” Kai repeats, “yeah, I can imagine.”


“Sorry.” Luhan sticks out his tongue, “it couldn’t have been that bad.”


“Of course it was—”


Ring ring ring~


“Kyungsoo?” Kai picks up immediately, “Yeah, I’m just about to head over. Mmm-hmm, okay, see you in a bit.”


“What was that?” Sehun looks more awake now, “Who’s Kyungsoo?”


“Right,” Luhan raises an eyebrow, “so much for ‘all night’, ‘all alone’, hmm?”


“Anyways,” Kai stands up, “You two still owe me.”


“So who’s Kyungsoo?” Sehun asks again.


“Nobody.” Luhan shakes his head, a lopsided grin on his face, and pulls Sehun in for a morning kiss.


*


“Tao, are you finished yet?” Kris collapses on a bench outside of a coffee store in the mall. “Can I go home?”


“Come on, Kris!” Tao shakes his head in disapproval, “where is your energy? You’re a police officer! At the rate you’re going, you’ll never catch a criminal.”


“We were at the night market till 5AM.” Kris pinches the bridge of his nose, “and then you decided it was a good time to eat breakfast, and then you said the mall would be open, and then you managed to keep shopping for another two hours. How the hell—”


“Shhh!” Tao crosses his arms, “I hear the Gucci bags calling. Kris, let me borrow your credit card.”


“No.” 


“Please?”


“…No.”


“Pleeeease?” Tao blinks real hard.


“…fine.” 


Kris wails and hands Tao his wallet anyways.

 

///end?

*idek what this is
**Yes i used Club EXO, i ran out of ideas...
***I can't seem to write fight scenes. OTL