C h a p t e r O n e`

Listen

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

I’m still waiting for you

To love me silently
As long as you’re by my side
Silently is good enough
You’re also waiting for
My silent tenderness
Holding hands like this
Silently gazing at the sky

 

'These are the words that I wanted you to hear. These are the words I wanted to say... if only I could. But here I am silently waiting for you' as a guy looked at the piece of paper with a satisfaction on his face. He put up a big grin and lifts the paper up and started jumping joyfully.

 

Suddenly there was a tap on his shoulders, and he looked behind him to know who the person was. It was a girl the same age as him smiled back at him.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked while signing out to him (She’s speaking at the same time doing sign language)

 

‘I’m writing a poem’  he signed out

 

“A poem? For what?” she asked

 

“ffoor skhuul “ (for school) he said vocally

 

“Can I see?” She asked cheekily

 

But he was too stubborn and swayed his head sideways.

 

“Why not?!” she asked while signing

 

‘It’s a secret’  he signed back and let out his tongue

 

This is Jung Jinwoon, 18 years of age and deaf, studying at a Sped (Special Education) center school in Seoul, Korea. He is sweet, bubbly, cute and smart but he can be very gullible at times. He is a very positive person that’s why he is loved by every person he is close with. He loves to play the guitar despite not hearing it. Despite his impairment, it is not a hindrance to him in order to reach his dreams.

 

“Good Morning Jinwoon-shi” as an old lady approached him

 

Jinwoon looked at her lips and smiled.

 

“Ghuud Mowrniing Haa-juh-ma” (Good Morning Ahjjuhma) He greeted with a bow

 

Despite being deaf Jinwoon can read lips in order for him to communicate with hearing people.

 

“Where are you going? It’s still very early” the Ahjjuhma asked

 

“Sphheech kehlass (Speech Class)” he said while signing

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

Note:

Deaf children or Hard of Hearing (HOH) or mute (People with Hearing Impairment) are not really reacquired to take speech classes or Speech Therapy Classes, it just depends upon the person if he/she wanted to take this class. It is a way of helping People with Hearing Impairment to communicate with hearing people.

Lip reading is another way of communication for Deaf people. A process of give and take.

I know this kind of things, but I’m still new to this course, so do correct me with some of the information(s) or note(s) that I am giving you guys.

Jinwoon is still new to Speech Classes, that’s why his pronunciation is still not that good.

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 “Oh, ok do be careful on your way there” she smiled and went on her way

 

He waved to the old lady and went facing the girl again.

 

‘Eunjung-noona, I’ll be going now okay? See you later’he signed and waved goodbye to his noona as he rode on his bike

 

‘Be Careful’  she signed back

 

‘Don’t worry, I’ll be fine’he smiled and show and ok sign

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

At the principal’s office

 

“Mr. Park, we know that Jiyeon is the smartest kid in this school. I mean she is one of a kind but we will not tolerate this kind of behavior she is showing us.” The principal Ms. Yang told Mr. Park (Jiyeon’s Father)

 

So Jiyeon was sent to the principal’s office yet again because of some issues, that includes bullying(?) as what her classmates would put it. The situation is this, so Mr. Class governor was babbling about his so called success as class governor and how he will become popular when he includes himself in charity works when suddenly Ms Perfectionist here (Jiyeon) went gaga about contradicting everything he says. You can’t blame Jiyeon she’s way too smart for them, and mostly she hates people with big heads but no brains at all.

 

“I’m really sorry for that Ma’am but we will try our best to…”

 

“Your best isn’t enough to control your daughters’ behavior Mr. Park. I suggest you send her into a specialist or even better… a psychologist”

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

Jiyeon was sitting outside the principal’s office with messy hair along with her classmates ruined faces. Yup she can be physically strong if you know what I mean.

 

Then the door opened and Mr. Park along with Ms. Yang bowed to each other.

 

“Thank you for coming Mr. Park I hope that there will be improvements I will see”

 

“I can assure everything will be different from this day onwards Ms. Yang. I am sorry for the trouble” He bowed and closed the door

 

Jiyeon stood up and faced her father.

 

“I don’t wanna hear anything from your stupid excuses” and there he grabbed her arm and went on their way.

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

[After the class of Jinwoon]

 

“One glass of soju here at table 5” shouted Mr. Jung the father of Jinwoon whose the owner of a noodle restaurant.

 

“Okay!” Eunjung shouted back on the counter. She then patted Jinwoon who was busy preparing  the foods.

“Add another soju for table 5 serve it together with their new orders okay?” she slowly said so Jinwoon can cope up reading her lips.

 

‘Ahh, Okay!’ Jinwoon signed out

 

“Oh” she patted him again “And don’t forget the seasonings they ordered”

 

He nodded and smiled back at her.

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

[At the Park’s residence]

 

“Good Afternoon Master, and Welcome Home” greeted Mr. Jin their old personal buttler

 

“There’s nothing good in my afternoon” as he gave his coat to him and stomped his way to his office

 

“Good Afternoon young mistress and welcome home” He greeted again

 

But there was no answer from Ji Yeon as she continued walking away.

 

“Ji Yeon dear, I need to talk to you” Mrs. Park (Ji Yeon’s Mother) approached her

 

“There’s nothing to talk about” as she slammed her bedroom door

 

“Good afternoon madam” Mr. Jin greeted Mrs. Park

 

“Oh, good afternoon Jin, everybody seems to be not in the mood today. Why? What happened?” asked Mrs. Park to Jin

 

“I guess the young mistress is sent to the principals office yet again”

 

“Sigh, this girl. Girls her age (20) should already be in college by now. Can you get me a glass of water Jin, I think I'm going to faint. I don't wanna hear this new problem from her”

 

“Certainly madam” he bowed

 

“Oh and Jin, give me the phone. I need to call someone” Mrs. Park said

 

“Yes madam”

 

“I guess I have to use this option. It's the only way to wake her up a bit” she said seriously

 

Introducing Park Jiyeon’s life. She’s a 20 year old high school girl. Yup you read it righ, she darn 20 and is still in high school. She’s supposed to be in college already but because of her stubborn attitude the Principal in every school she attended to won’t let her graduate because she keeps on putting out a fight with every kid that get’s on her way. But nobody really knows who the real Ji Yeon is, even her parent’s doesn’t have any clue at all.

 

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

 

[At the Jung’s Residence]

 

Closing Time

 

“Assa~ were finally done” sighed the tired Eunjung

 

“I think you should go home and rest dear” Mr. Jung said

 

Eunjung is the best friend of Jinwoon since diaper days so she’s very close with his family. After Jinwoon’s mother died she become much closer to them and helped out with the chores.

 

“No it’s okay uncle I’ll stay here for a bit and help Jinwoon wash the dishes.” She said with a smile

 

‘No it’s okay. You’re really tired. I think you should go home and give it a day’ Jinwoon signed while putting away the dirty dishes.

 

“I’m fine. Trust me okay?” she signed back and smiled at him

 

But Jinwoon’s expression was unsure of the situation so Eunjung decided to pinched his cheeks.

 

“I’m perfectly fine. So don’t give me that look. Arasso!” as she crossed her arms

 

He nodded with a squint while touching his cheeks.

 

“Okay stop that now, and do the dishes. You’re still early tomorrow” Mr. park said

 

“Yes sir!” Eunjung said while Jinwoon saluted

 

*Ring*

 

“Ok, finish that as soon as possible and I’ll be answering the phone”

 

Then both of them laughed and giggled and started playing with the bubles from washing the dishes.

-=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=--=-=-=-

A/N sorry guys for the late update :P so how was my very first chapter? xD Sorry for my bad writing skills do bare with me haha. Thanks for all you comments though. much appreciated :)) Im very open to criticism and praise xP. And oh yeah I made Jiyeon older here, why? well I just love Noona- Dongsaeng relationships that's all *I'ms so weird --> Hides* keke. Anyways i'll try my best to update as soon as possible. Jia You ^^~ kisses gMinor