I'm Better

Fashion Queen Wars

I woke up, tired from the loss of sleep yesterday. I stayed up all night lost in my train of thought.

I was remembering all my memories with Suzy and the time we spent together. I really valued those memories, but I know now that those were nothing to her. She always thought of me as scum.

I got off my bed and on my feet. *Now, Suzy will worship me. She will regret ever betraying me.* I smiled to myself and slowly walked to the bathroom. After I freshened up, I applied some heavy make-up.

Usually Suzy didn't let me wear alot of make-up because she said I would steal her spotlight. I can't believe I actually obeyed to a selfish person like her. Now, I could wear whatever I want and she can't influence me at all.

I applied a thick one-inch layer of eyeliner and tinted red lip balm. Here it was.. time to pick out my clothes. I can finally pick out clothes of my own style and not follow Suzys.

I browsed through my clothes and found a perfect outfit which made me look high class and wealthy, but also business appropriate.

Ms. Hyeona said the things I wear were the most important to keep a good reputation in the fashion industry. She taught me alot of things yesterday that I never had a clue about such as:

1) You needed to act confident and high ranked in order for people to respect you.

2) Never ever share your ideas with someone, even if it's a close friend or co-worker.

3) In fashion, you only need to care about yourself and no one else.

I guess most of the rules she taught me applied to Suzy, too.

Anyways, I went outside after changing and left out the door, welcomed by chirping birds and bright sunshine.

*This is it. This is the day I'm recognized as Ji Yeon, the awesome designer and not Ji Yeon, Suzys lapdog.* I thought to myself with a wide grin.


I arrived at K Dreams's front door and walked in strutting in my heels, already looking proffessional. I walked up to the front desk and asked "Excuse me, I'm the new designer here, Ji Yeon, do you know where my office is ?"

She gave me the directions to my territory and I began to explore the building. It was truly beautiful. Everyone was busily making clothes, swinging fabrics around, and models were reahersing constantly up and down the runway.

Everyone seemed to know what they were doing except me. I was pretty much lost and couldn't find my office. I looked around in search for the room and my eyes landed on a tall, handsome figure.

*Dammnit.* I thought to myself, hiding my face behind my hair while walking. Why was Nickhun everywhere I go ?! It's as if he was following me !

"Ah ! Ji Yeon-ah !" he called out and waved at me. So much for hiding my face.

I lifted my head up and walked towards him with a smile, "Oh hey ! Are you following me ? Haha," I joked around, but I was actually curious.

"Well, I work here and I'm the son of Ms. Hyeona so yea," he adorably scratched the back of his head and smiled. I almost tripped on my heel again, though I managed to keep my balance.

Ms. Hyeona's son ?!?!? The lady I was working for is this guys mother ?! Nickhun.. this boy is full of surprises.

*Remember, you have to act confident and cool.* I reminded myself. "Oh cool, well I need help finding my office so do you think you could help ?" I silently took a deep breathe, without him noticing, first and asked Nickhun.

He nodded with, yet another, gracious smile and led me to the hall. "First day here ? I thought you were a model, you have your own office ?" he asked with gigantic puppy eyes.

"A- Hahaha no, I was just filling in for my best friend-" I just remembered.. I had no right to say that anymore. I cleared my throat and started over.

"I was just taking over for someone," I firmly said, causing him to furrow his eyebrows.

We finally stumbled upon a room in the middle of the long hall way. He walked me in the inlucked door and smiled, "Here we are, malady."

I slightly blushed at the sight of him bowing and gesturing towards my desk. Wow.. it was so beautiful and modern. The carpet was a shiny gray, there were 3 couches set up in the middle of the room which were solid black, and most importantly, my desk was silver with papers stacked on top and pens neatly contained in a cup.

"Woah..." I let out a gasp and felt the objects around me. *Act chill.* the reminder struck through my mind once again and I pulled my hand away from anything else to sit in my desk chair.

The wall behind me was not a wall, but a huge window, giving me a 5-story view of Seoul. It was amazing.

"You like what you see ?" I almost forgot he was here and flinched at his question. "U-Uh, yea," I smiled. I thanked him for walking me here and he was about to leave, until the she-devil entered.


"What the hell are you doing here ?" the brunette gave Ji Yeon a disgusted look and I stayed standing beside the door quietly. Who was this girl and why was she using this language towards an innocent girl like Ji Yeon ?

To my amazement, Ji Yeon straightened her posture and replied, "I work here, intern. It's pretty nice having your own office, with a view and everything.. something you'll never experience," she smirked and walked over to the unknown girl holding a cup of coffee,"That's what I should be asking you. What're you doing in my office ?"

Ji Yeon had her arms crossed with an arrogant expression on her face, ressembling my mother which I did not like one bit. What happened to Ji Yeon.. ?

"Ms. Hyeona told me to bring a coffee here. I know why now," the girl looked slightly familiar. I think she was my mothers assistant, working here as an intern.

Ji Yeons face lit up and a fake smile spread across her cute face. "Oh ! Tell her I said thanks !" and she reached over to take the coffee, however the girl yanked the cup away from her grasp.

"Hah. If I had known I was getting coffee for a lowly peasant like you I would've-" I couldn't take this girls rude comments. I replied to her, taking Ji Yeons place in her defense.

"Excuse me, but who are you to walk in here and talk to Ji Yeon like that ? If I'm not mistaken, your place is lower than hers. You're an intern, she's a designer. You have no right to talk to her like this, correct ?" I tilted my eyebrows alittle, intending to intimidate her.

"Tch. I know who you are. You're my boss's son, right ?" i nodded and she continued, "Well honestly, I don't care. This is none of your business so step out." She shoved me to the side and resumed her conversation with Ji Yeon.

"Look, here's your damn coffee. If you see me in the halls or any where, don't bother talking to me. I don't want to be seen talking to the rookie designer who got in K Dreams with no experience or talent." She shoved the coffee at Ji Yeon causing a few drops to faulter on Ji Yeon's jacket and she stepped back a bit.

Ji Yeon held a sad expression for a second, but jumped back as soon as she did. She now stepped directly in front of Suzy, stopping just shy of touching faces.

"You must be jealous of me. Ji Yeon, the girl who used to mean nothing to you, the great Suzy Bae, is now your boss," she patted Suzys shoulder, as if dusting off her pride and turned back to her desk, flipping her hair in Suzys face.

Suzy, on the other hand, just stormed outside furiously leaving me curious. What was their relationship ? And why did Ji Yeon change her attitude all of a sudden ?

"Um.. Ji Yeon, what was that ? Who's that ?" I pointed towards the door and put on a weird, confused face. I eventually got a reply from her after a deep breathe and long sigh.

"She's my ex-best friend. That is an intern who works for me. Nuff' said. You can leave now," she grabbed a pencil from a cup and started sketching something.

What the heck was that ? The nice, cute Ji Yeon has suddenly changed for some reason and now, I can't even recognize her tone of voice which I've never heard before.

I slowly walked outside, ignoring the fact that she was ignoring me and continued down the hall to my next photoshoot for Guess.


I stormed outside, slamming the door behind me as I hard as I could, breaking into tears.

*That Ji Yeon, just because she's a designer she thinks she's better than me now. Well, , you're wrong. I will forever and always remain above you*

I tried to wipe my tears away, but they constantly reappeared one after another. I walked into Hyeona's office and layed on the white leather couch. I stayed there sobbing.

After all I've done for her, I bought half of her clothes for crying out loud ! And when her parents were poor and ran low on rent money, I loaned them a bunch of money which they have not paid back.

I know I said she was nothing yesterday at the showcase, but it was true. She was always my lapdog following me everywhere I went and copying my every move.

I stood up to those bullies for her in middle school because.. because..

Well I don't know ! I was just a kid back then, I didn't know any better ! Thanks to that incident, Ji Yeon caused everyone in school to hate me.

She owed me so much and here she was busting her like that and showing off her high ranked position. Even if she was a designer now, I'm still an intern and I will regain my spot and that will remember her place.

Ji Yeon, the lone child. The lapdog. My follower. I was too busy thinking to notice someone was in the room.

"I know what you're thinking." Ms. Hyeona turned around from her chair, "You still think you're better than her. You deserve the position more than her, right ?"

You asked with a hard expression and I nodded up all my tears the best I could. "Then are you willing to prove to me that you're better than her ? I mean, she's taken your spot, you can't let her be."

I thought for a second before answering. She was right, I couldn't let Ji Yeon stay like that, thinking she was better than me.

"I will prove to you, Ms. Hyeona. I am better than her, you'll see. I will do whatever it takes to regain my position," I drank a sip from a water bottle, set on the table and stood up, straightening the skirt on my dress and adjusting my blue blazor.

*Ji Yeon, you just watch. One day, you'll be worshipping me once again. I'll put you in your place.*


Hello readers ! Sorry for the short chapter, but I think I'm doing pretty good right ? Haha, if you agree please comment and subscribe. I really appreciate your guys' support and encouragement ! Again, this is my first fanfic so I don't really have experinece with this kind of stuff so please help me along the way !

I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter, things are getting intense hehehe. I'll be looking forward to your oppinions and suggestions on my story, all you subscribers out there are like my angels ! Love you guys ~ <3