Coffee Shop

The Random OTP Challenge [SUPER JUNIOR]

DongHae sits at his usual table, the one in the back right corner next to the big window. His fingers hover over the keys of his laptop as his eyes glide across the chicken scratch in his notebook. The background bustle of the shop and the strong aroma of coffee clear his mind. All he needs to feel is the flow of the plot from his mind to the word document on the screen.

 

Everything is a standstill perfect.

 

“Good morning Mr. DongHae, sir!”

 

Well, almost everything is perfect.

 

DongHae sighs heavily, mentally preparing himself for the daily and highly unanticipated conversation with the small café’s only waiter.

 

“KiBum,” DongHae begins icily, “what have I told you about talking to me?”

 

Unfazed, KiBum flashes a smile. “Are you still stuck on chapter twelve?”

 

“No, KiBum. I’m on a different story now.”

 

“Oh, so you finished?” KiBum’s face lights up so brightly; DongHae supposes that if KiBum were a dog, his tail would be wagging at an impossible speed.

 

“No, KiBum. I gave up.”

 

As quickly as KiBum’s sunshine-filled face arrived, it left. KiBum almost whimpers, “But why?”

 

“Because I lost the feeling for it.”

 

“Why?”

 

“I got stuck.” DongHae’s naturally low patience is wearing thin.

 

“Why?”

 

“KiBum, I’m going to punch you in the throat if the word ‘why’ slips from your mouth one more time.” DongHae’s left eye twitches. KiBum’s eyes immediately fill with tears that threaten to fall. No matter how many times DongHae tells himself that KiBum is nothing more than a nuisance in his life, DongHae always finds his weakness in those puppy-dog eyes.

 

DongHae sighs. “KiBum, what do you think I should drink today? What’s recommended? What’s the special?”

 

“Earl Gray Latte,” KiBum mumbles, his eyes staring at his feet.

 

“I’d love to try it. Will you make one just for me?” DongHae is always surprised by how easy it is for him to make KiBum happy. KiBum is fueled by simplicity and DongHae, perhaps, is fueled by KiBum.

 

“Yes Mr. DongHae sir! One Earl Gray Latte coming up!” KiBum chirps, the natural joy flowing from him once again. DongHae catches himself smiling and manipulates it to his usual scowl. He sighs and opens up a forgotten document on his laptop. He stares at the screen until KiBum comes back, placing the steaming mug in front of him.

 

“KiBum,” DongHae stops the younger man before he walks away, “will you stay for a bit and just talk?”

 

KiBum smiles impossibly wide and DongHae feels impossibly happy—he doesn’t let it become obvious, though. KiBum takes a seat at DongHae’s table and begins to talk away. DongHae smiles inwardly; he relaxes in his seat, his fingers flowing seamlessly across the keyboard. The sound of KiBum’s voice wraps DongHae in a trance. The story comes so easily that DongHae doesn’t even have to think.

 

“Will you ever tell me what the book is about?”

 

“If you buy the book and read it, I won’t have to tell you.” KiBum pouts and DongHae chuckles.

 

“Go work or something, kid.”

 

As KiBum prances over to the register, DongHae lets his smile slip onto his face at the completion on his screen.

 

--

 

“Mr. Lee, the story really is charming,” a reporter talks to DongHae as he walks to his favorite café. “A quaint, cozy novel about a blooming romance!”

 

“Hm,” DongHae nods, not really paying attention. His mind is set elsewhere.

 

“The setting of the café, may I say, was genius!”

 

“Mmhmm.”

 

“Mr. Lee? Mr. Lee!” The reporter follows DongHae into the café. “Is this café your inspiration for your novel?”

 

DongHae pulls a cute and confused KiBum from behind the counter. “No, he is.”

 

The reporter furiously snaps pictures and scribbles onto his notepad. “And what did you do with the first thousands of your profit?”

 

“I bought a ring,” DongHae smirks, pulling a box out of his jacket pocket.

 

“Oh, are you going to propose?” KiBum’s face falls when DongHae nods.

 

“Who’s the lucky gal?” the reporter waits earnestly, pen in hand, the tip poised above the paper. DongHae gets down on one knee and opens the box towards KiBum. He flashes a cocky smile and KiBum loses it; tears trail down his cheeks and he smiles ridiculously.

 

The reporter drops everything he’s holding. His mouth is wide. DongHae stands up and pats KiBum on the head.

 

“Don’t do that crying thing. You look stupid.” DongHae hugs KiBum tightly. KiBum dries his tears on DongHae’s shirt. “Gross, kid.”

 

“You’re gross,” KiBum mumbles. DongHae leads him out of the café. The reporter doesn’t follow.

 

“That may quite possibly be the foulest thing I’ve ever heard you say.” DongHae gasps mockingly. KiBum pouts and DongHae kisses him quickly.

 

“You’re terrible, DongHae.”

 

“You love me.”

 

“All this time that book was about me.”

 

“Wrong. It was about me.”

 

And me,” KiBum rolls his eyes. DongHae shrugs his shoulders.

 

“Details~”

 

KiBum sighs and leans into DongHae as they walk. Suddenly, KiBum spins away from DongHae and stops him, looking excitedly into his eyes. DongHae thinks KiBum looks a tad bit creepy.

 

“So did you really like me the whole time? Even when you were being a jerk?”

 

“Yes,” DongHae frowns.

 

“You’re the cutest!” KiBum laughs. DongHae’s face turns red and contemplates smacking the younger guy, but KiBum’s laugh is so melodious that he thinks otherwise.

 

“Shut up you little asswipe,” DongHae mutters. KiBum smiles in a silly fashion as he links his hand with DongHae’s and kisses him on the cheek.

 

“I love you~”

 

“Yeah, same, but you’re still an asswipe.”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N: okay tsundere DongHae is the best kdml;jfl;djgfioejuop3euitr0-eidkdl;gjkdl;jgs;l and cute, cute, cute dumb KiBum is precious ;A;

 

I actually had this done a while ago but only just now had time to type it up and whatnot =____=

 

anyway I hope you liked it and yeah comments and whatnot are great~

 

I love you guys ^ ^


~Dobu