Final

Knots

for years, yongguk could not make any plans on wednesday evenings. those were his date nights with himchan — no one else knew this of course, so sneaking away from the dongsaengs was a pain in the , now that they were in a group. but he kept up with his promises because he loves himchan more than anything. 

this week, himchan leaves first, two hours before yongguk (just in case). at six pm, yongguk looks away from the tv screen to check the time, and gets up and stretches. 

junhong glances at him at the corner of his eyes, before looking back at the game he was playing. "where are you going, hyung?"

"out. i need some fresh air." yongguk says slyly, reaching forward to grip the maknae's shoulder. 

daehyun looks up from his phone, and raises an eyebrow. "coachella livestream is going to be on soon, remember?" oh, christ. he's right. 

yongguk grins, "there'll be re-runs." 

and before daehyun and jongup could plead him to stay because kanye west would be preforming that night and there definitely wouldn't be a re-run, yongguk grabs his jacket and went out of the door.

 

they meet at a small café in an alley between a martial arts studio and a bookstore. himchan smiles immediately when yongguk enters the small room and glances around for his boyfriend. when he saw that smiling boy, he grins and joins him at the small table in the back of the store after he orders two coffees and a piece of vanilla almond cake. 

"there you are," himchan says. their hands meet each other under the table, and the younger boy squeezes his digits lovingly. "i thought you... you stood me up." he says dramatically, head turning in pain.

yongguk laughs, and reach over with his other hand to push the boy's chin back towards him. "you think after all these years, i'd stand you up?" himchan smiles shyly, and they both laugh. 

it was true, though. they probably broke a world record of consecutive weekly dates, or something. even if they were fighting, they'd have date night. even if yongguk was caught mouth-to-mouth with a girl in a club, they'd have date night. they both screwed up many times in their relationship, but they couldn't get enough of each other. no matter what.

they sip at their coffee and talk about their dongsaengs while yongguk runs his thumb over himchan's knuckles. as he listens to himchan talk, he gives a small chuckle. 

"look at us — we're cooing over our bandmates like they're our kids." 

"aren't they though?" himchan gives him a smile again, and yongguk nearly chokes on his cake.

 

it was a chilly evening, and somehow they found themselves at the park. there were some kids there with their parents, looking exhausted from playing the afternoon away. himchan takes a seat at the swing set and draws designs into the wood chips with his sneaker. yongguk watches him quietly, and moves forward, taking the chains that held up the swing into his hands and pressing his forehead against himchan's. his eyes close, and he felt the other boy's head move up slightly to look at him. then he felt those damn lips that made his stomach knot up and he kisses back eagerly. 

they break away, and himchan laughs at how silly yongguk looks with his eyes closed like that and his face all flustered, which earns a pout from the older boy. only himchan could see him like this — if the dongsaengs were to, he'd get made fun of every day. 

yongguk feels a tugging at the back of his jacket, and he turns around to find a small girl with brown pigtails beaming up at him. 

"ajusshi~ will you push me on the swing?" she says cheerfully. yongguk felt like someone threw a rock at his ego, and himchan howls with laughter in the background. but he says yes and follows the little girl to the seat next to himchan. he pushes her gently, before glaring at the other boy.

"ajusshi~" himchan coos, swinging in time with the girl. when he did not receive a smart remark form the older boy, himchan looks over and finds yongguk peering down at the small girl with a soft smile on his face as she giggles and kicks her feet, 'higher, higher!'. himchan's stomach knots up and he smiles at the two. he couldn't help but to think about how amazing yongguk would be as a father. 

eventually, the girls' parents found her and apologizes nearly a dozen times for having their daughter be such a burden. yongguk shook his head and says it was his pleasure and they had a lot of fun. as the girl walks off with her parents, she turns around and waves at yongguk, "thank you, ajusshi!"

yongguk laughs awkwardly and waves back at her and the two stood in silence until the girl had gone out of sight. himchan slips his hand into yongguk's and tugs him towards the monkey bars. 

 

they find themselves laying under the moonlight in a soccer field. himchan rests his eyes and yongguk turns his head to watch the sleepy boy. he grins and leans forward, kissing his cheek. himchan hums in response and smiles as he finds yongguk's arms around him and the boy was soon moved into the other's lap, his head resting comfortably against yongguk's chest now. they find each other's lips again in a weird upside down kiss. this was a great date, himchan decides. yongguk was particularly sweet tonight. 

they break away, and yongguk's head tilts up towards the sky. their hands find each other and himchan squeezes his fingers. he stares up at the leader, biting his bottom lip at the sight.

"gukkie," he breathes out, closing his eyes as well. 

yongguk kisses his hair, and then his forehead, and then his eyelid, and he leaves himchan breathless and with a tighter knot in his stomach. himchan turns his head and finds yongguk's lips against his in no time. they kiss and kiss, and it just leaves himchan like a teenage girl in her first relationship. 

"stop." himchan laughs, turning his head away just as yongguk tries to steal another kiss. he frowns. himchan sends him a glare. "don't start something you can't finish, bang yongguk." 

that made the other boy boom with laughter.

 

"what are they doin' now, hyung?" junhong whispers, tugging at youngjae's shirt. the dongsaengs were in the bushes a few yards away from their hyungs, after being curious enough to follow yongguk out of the dorm.

youngjae snickers quietly, "they're makin' out!" 

"i gotta see this —" daehyun shoves youngjae out of the way and takes the binoculars, zooming in closer. he starts to chuckle, "oh man!" 

"what's making out?" junhong asks, and jongup hits his head for being too clueless and innocent. 

junhong takes the binoculars from daehyun and sees for himself. he makes a face and gave the binoculars back to daehyun. 

the group left their spot in the bush and caught a bus back home with their hoods up and their sunglasses on. they didn't know about himchan and yongguk being in a relationship, maybe they were too young to see beyond them, but they were happy for them.

and when the two came back home that night, youngjae coos, "how was your date, hyungs~?" and yongguk chases him around the apartment, threatening to whoop his , leaving himchan alone at the doorway.

"well?" jongup asks, raising an eyebrow at his hyung.

"it was nice, thank you for asking." himchan grins.