Chapter 4

Butterscotch Cookies

 

Shopping with Saemin had destroyed the last of your energy. You swore, she’d tried to make you try on every. Single. Object. Of clothing. In every. Single. Store.

It had taken at least five hours before you managed to grab the nearest dress and buy it, then drag her out of the shopping center before any more damage was done to your sanity. Not that there was much left to be damaged, with how excitement and nervousness were eating away at it slowly as you killed time with Saemin.

“Aigooo, I’m so nervous,” you whined as the two of you sat watching a movie in your living room.

“Relax, they’re super sweet boys,” she reassured. “Just make sure you don’t accidentally fall for Doojoon! He’s mine,” she grinned cheekily.

“I doubt you’ll have to worry about that if Yoseob keeps acting so sweet. Let’s head to bed, I don’t want to get up too early tomorrow,” you mumbled, yawning.

---

You’d just arrived at the dorm and rung the bell; it was about six in the evening. You shifted nervously in place, waiting for someone to open the door. Just when you felt ready to melt from anxiety, the door swung open and you came face to face with a smiling Gikwang.

"Annyeonghasseyo. Chae Rin imnida," you said, bowing deeply, blushing.

Talk about deja vu. Only this time, you had no cookies.

"Annyeong! Gikwang imnida, but I guess you know that already... Come inside, Yoseob's finishing something off and the others are all in the living room. He'll be out in a moment," Gikwang motioned for you to enter and closed the door behind you, leading you to where the others were. Everyone looked up when you came into the living room, and you suddenly felt incredibly nervous.

It was almost as nerve-wracking as meeting someone's parents. You bowed once more and introduced yourself to the members with a shaky smile. They returned the greeting, and Dujun moved over on the couch to make space for you. You felt ready to run and hide at any given moment; social situations were far from being your forte after all.

And, well, meeting all the members of your favorite kpop group is also just, generally kind of nerve-wracking. Just a little bit.

Thankfully, Yoseob came to your rescue before you could keel over.

"Chae Rin! I'm so glad you could come, I've been meaning to introduce you to the members for a while, but it was hard getting a free day," he smiled at you and your breath caught in your throat; as usual, he was amazing.

"Yoseob here hasn't stopped talking about you since he met you," Hyunseung grinned, refocusing his attention on a game playing on the tv screen.

"Hyung!" Yoseob whined; a soft blush dusted his cheeks. You felt your face heat up and you stared down at your lap to hide your blush and goofy smile. Yoseob sat on the floor in front of you, though you attempted to persuade him to take your seat; he wouldn't hear of it. After all, you were the guest. "I hope you like dubbokki, we're having that for dinner," he said, crossing his legs.

"Of course!" you grinned and clapped enthusiastically; dubbokki was one of your favorite dishes. It made you wonder whether Saemin had told him or not. He chuckled at your reaction and moved so that he was leaning against your legs.

"I can see why you like her Hyung," Dongwoon smiled. You blushed again, and you weren't sure whether it was because  of the compliment or because of Yoseob's reaction; he smiled softly to himself and stared down at his lap, fiddling with his fingers. Your heart fluttered in your chest. "Chae Rinssi, can I call you Noona?" Dongwoon cut through your thoughts and you turned to him, nodding in response.

"Of course you can Dongwoonssi," you smiled.

"Ah, just call me Dongwoon~"

"Feel free to call all of us just by our names Chae Rin," Dujun smiled at you, having turned his attention away from the game he'd been playing against Hyunseung. Junhyung looked up from his iPad and smiled at you, and suddenly everyone's attention seemed to be on you. You could feel your face flushing and you laughed nervously.

"Kyeopta!" Gikwang exclaimed and did his signature eyesmile.

The fangirl in you was about to melt into a puddle of mush.

"Yah, back off guys," Yoseob came to your rescue once more and clung to your arm possessively. The sudden skinship surprised you, and you giggled softly; your blush darkened. Suddenly, Yoseob stood and began to pull you behind him, presumably to his room. Or, well, the room that all the members shared. He led you to his bed, and the two of you sat down on it. "Sorry about them," he grinned, rubbing the back of his neck nervously.

"Don't worry, they're cool. They're just as awesome as in your shows," you smiled.

"We do our best to act natural for our fans; I'm glad you like them. But I'd better still be your bias!" he pouted; it was adorable.

"Hm, actually, I think I like Hyunseung better," you stuck your tongue out at him, giggling when he simply continued to pout. "I'm kidding! You're still my favorite," you poked his cheek and he smiled, flicking your forehead in response before skipping off, back to where the others were. You followed close behind; it seemed the dubokki had arrived. "This is daebak!" you exclaimed after a few bites; the members all grinned and nodded in agreement. Yoseob had snagged himself quite the girl, they thought. Unaware of all the attention you were receiving, you continued to eat happily until you looked up and noticed everyone watching you. "...Mwoyeyo?" you asked, and they all quickly looked away, leaving you rather confused.

Once dinner was over, you all decided to watch a movie together. You were sat between Hyunseung and Yoseob, and occasionally had a whispered conversation with one or the other. About halfway through the movie, the door rang and Yoseob shot up to go answer it; he'd ordered cookies. ...Again.

And go figure. They were butterscotch.

The two of you munched on the cookies happily as the movie continued; the other members had their own desserts. Finally the movie ended, and some of the others decided to go to sleep, leaving you behind with Yoseob, Gikwang and Dongwoon. The latter two were busy playing video games, so you spent your time chattering away.

"Yoseob?" you asked suddenly. He hummed in response. "Why do you like butterscotch cookies so much?"

"Hm...Did Saemin tell you we knew each other when we were younger?" Yoseob asked, his eyes sparkling mischieviously.

"Ne, but you moved,"

"Butterscotch cookies are my favorite, because they were your favorites. Before I went away you made some for me, to take with me," he smiled. Your eyes widened; so they were his favorites because of you?

"O-oh, come to think of it, I remember that now," you mumbled, and a silence fell between the two of you.

"Come on, I want to show you something," Yoseob said suddenly, taking your hand in his. He led you out of the apartment and to the stairs; the two of you walked up them two at a time and reached a door, which he opened before pulling your through. Your breath caught in your throat; you were on the rooftop. The sun was setting, and the sky seemed to have been set ablaze.

"This is beautiful," you said, leaning against the railing at the edge of the rooftop.

"It's not the only thing which is," Yoseob murmured, glancing at you nervously to see if you'd heard. You hadn't; you were too busy watching the sun go down.

"Do you up come here often?" you asked.

"When I need to calm down and get my thoughts straight, I do. Sometimes I even find inspiration for a tune or some lyrics which I show to Junhyung Hyung," he smiled.

"The sunset's really beautiful, don't you think?" you turned away from him again, your gaze sweeping over the view of the city you had.

"Ne, but I think there are more beautiful things to be seen," he moved so he was standing next to you, watching the sun go down, and you peered at him curiously.

"Like what?"

"You," he turned to face you, suddenly serious, and your cheeks flushed a bright red. "Did Saemin also tell you about my feelings for you when we were younger?" he asked softly, and you nodded. "Well, I never got the chance to say this then so I'll say it now. ...I ...like you, Chae Rin, a lot. You make my heart flutter whenever I'm around you, and you make me smile more than anyone I've ever known," he bit his lip nervously, anticipating your reaction. You remained silent for a few moments; you were honestly rather dumbstruck.

"I-I like you too Yoseob," you responded softly, then quickly added "A-and not just as a fan,"

Oh smooth Chae Rin. Real smooth. It felt as though your face was discovering whole knew shades of red as you continued to blush. Yoseob smiled, a faint pink tinting his cheeks as well as he moved to stand in front of you.

"This won't be easy, I know, but if I don't ask now I know I'll regret it. So, Chae Rin, would you be my girlfriend?" he asked, eyes pleading. You hesitated; it was no secret that being an idol's girlfriend was no walk in the park.

You'd always been a er for puppy dog eyes though.

"...Yes, I will," you giggled softly when he did a little victory dance; this boy was really too adorable. He leaned in suddenly and pecked your lips softly, grinning. Your eyes widened in surprise; you smiled.

He tasted like butterscotch cookies.
Your favorite.

---
It's done! ;a; I'm sorry for taking so long to post this. And I apologize if there are any typos, I haven't reread this because I really wanted to post it this morning. xD