Chapter 3

Butterscotch Cookies

Yoseob smiled at you as he stood at your doorstep to drop you off at your house.

"I had a great time today Yoseob. Kahamsamnida," you said, bowing deeply with a smile of your own.

"For the millionth time, we're friends now Chae Yung. Don't worry so much about the formalities. You'd think America would have loosened you up," he grinned cheekily. There was a pause before he spoke again, more nervously. "...Um, so, if today was so nice would you.. Maybe like to do it again sometime?"

Damn those puppy dog eyes; you were on the verge of melting. It wasn't as if you would have said no anyway; you weren't mentally deficient. You looked down to hide your blush and nodded softly as a response.

"Of course," you mumbled, eyes widening when Yoseob pulled you into a hug. You awkwardly wrapped your arms around him, closing your eyes to enjoy his warmth briefly before the two of you pulled away. "Bye Yoseob,"

"..Bye Chae Yung. I'll text you when I find the time, arrasseo?" he turned to leave, walking down your house's road. You were about to close the door when he paused in his steps and turned back, running to you and planting a quick, shy kiss on your cheek. You stood rooted to the spot in shock, watching as he walked away again and threw a quick smile over his shoulder before disappearing around a corner. A few moments later your brain began functioning again and you walked into your house, shutting the door behind you softly.

"How was it?" your mother asked when she noticed you come in. You held up a finger for her to wait a moment and grabbed a pillow, burying your face in it before squealing loudly. Clearing your throat, you replaced the pillow and smiled at your mother, who seemed to be seriously questioning your sanity at this point.

"Ohmygoditwasthebest. Absolutely perfect. He's so sweet and caring Umoni, really, even more so than I'd always thought he was. Which is saying something," you sighed dreamily, mentally continuing the fangirl rant.

"Sounds to me like someone is a little head over heels here,"

If she wasn't your mother you would've thrown the pillow at her for that. Instead, you merely shook your head rapidly in denial and brushed it off as your simple fangirl crush, which it most likely was anyway, before rushing up the stairs. Finally, you understood why Saemin always wanted all the details. For the same reason you wanted to share them:

To squeak and squeal and giggle together over every last little thing that Yoseob said and over analyze every friendly gesture.

...

Oh god. You were beginning to understand Saemin's logic. That was not a good sign. And then there had been the volunteering to go shopping too, something you usually dreaded. This was not normal. At all.  As if that wasn't enough, you were sat by the phone waiting impatiently for Saemin to pick up so you could spill the beans, which you usually tried so desperately to avoid doing.

Would she be working? B2ST had the day off, but maybe she had some other group to work with. Come to think of it maybe you weren't quite ready to have to squeak with her over everything. Oh well, you could always talk to her later or tom-

"Yobosseyo? Chaebie?!"

Or you could just talk to her now. Works too.

"Ne, Saemin. I just got back from my date with Yoseob," you subconsciously smiled as you recalled the day, touching the spot on your cheek where he'd kissed you.

"Mwo?! Does that mean you went shopping without me for your outift? You did, didn't you? Oh well, I want you to tell me everything. But you'll probably avoid it over the phone... That's it, I'm coming over," The line went dead before you could even slip in a word of protest.

Note to self: keep the phone a foot away from you ear whenever you call Saemin, unless going deaf is high up on your bucket list.

You'd only just settled down and started reading a book to kill time until she arrived when the doorbell rang. Dear god Saemin really was scary; it had only been 15 minutes and it was a 25 minute drive. You skipped down the stairs and oppened the door only to be knocked over almost immediately and dragged up the stairs to your bedroom.

"Your room. Talk. Now," was all she said as she half dragged you up the stairs, so you talked about the date. Everything from holding hands and riding rollercoasters to the walk in the park and having ice cream. You even told her about the kiss on the cheek, and asked her what it could mean. Probably not your brightest idea.

"Are you slow or what? He likes you!" Saemin exclaimed giddily.

Wha- no. He's an idol, he couldn't like plain old you. Especially not after only two days of knowing plain old you.

"Andwae, it's not possible," you protested. No way were you getting your hopes up that Yang Yoseob liked you; it would be too painful to have them dashed.

"Waeandwaeyo? He was interested enough to ask you on a date in the first place. He almost never let go of your hand. Heck, he kissed you Chaebie!"

"Only on the cheek," you shook your head.

"Clearly America made you forget just how much of a big deal that is here compared to there," Saemin sighed. It's true, skinship was a much bigger deal here than in America, where you could make out on the streets and only get a handful of irritated glares. Here in Korea, the line was just about drawn at holding hands.

"...Arasseo. So what if he does like me? That doesn't mean it's anything more than, I don't know, just some chemistry. Besides, you know he can't date," you refused to give in.

"Aish, really Chae Yung I thought you were supposed to be smart. Do you really not remember anyone from before when you were little besides me? Someone who moved when we were only six or seven?" Saemin poked your forehead, as if trying to bring the memories back. You thought back to any friends you had aside from Saemin, but there was only ever a cheerful young boy you'd only known for a few months and weren't incredibly close to. You couldn't remember his name, but it wasn't hard to guess.

"I was classmates with Yoseob?"

"We both were. And he had the world's biggest crush on you," she giggled.

"But how would he remember me?" you were just about speechless. This wasn't exactly something you'd been expecting. ...At all. Then again it wasn't exactly something anyone woukd ever be expecting.

"I kept up contact with him actually, since him and I were closer friends than you and him. We lost contact around the time you left for America, but it was pretty easy for me to realize it was him when I saw him on the posters and took up contact again," she explained. So Yoseob knew you, and you knew him. It still didn't explain how he could have kept his feelings for so long though. As if reading your mind, Saemin continued.  "He always asked about you. Now I'm not saying he remained head over heels the whole time, especially since it's been, like, thirteen years, but he certainly regained some interest when he heard you were coming back to Korea. I mean, imagine you see an old, however distant, childhood friend who you had a major thing for and she's pretty, and sweet and stuttering all over the place. I know I'd fall for her like that," she finished, snapping her fingers to emphasize her point. There was only one real thought going through your head at that moment; one of denial.

"But he's an idol. ...Doesn't he like IU?" you protesred again. It was as if your brain just couldn't compute the idea of Yoseob liking you for so long, and maybe even again, and heck it probably couldn't. After all he was your bias, and he was an idol and there were millions of girls to choose from. Why would he choose you?

"Ch- Just- Why- GAH! I give up, you're absolutely hopeless. You'll just have to see it for yourself," Saemin shook her head before heading down the stairs, most likely to help herself to some free food. Indeed, you agreed with her. You wouldn't believe it until you saw it with your own eyes.  Your phone buzzed suddenly, and your heartveat quickened when you saw that it was a text from Yoseob.

To: Butterscotch Addict Chae

How would you like to meet the other members of B2ST?

The phone fell to the floor with a loud clatter.

"Saemin!" you practically screamed in joy - or maybe fear -  and bolted down the stairs.

"Mwo? Who died? Or did Yoseob confess his undying love for you already and you're here to praise me on how awesome and smart I am?"

"Ani, shikuro. He asked if I want to meet the other members," you were shaking, though you weren't exactly sure whether it was out of excitement or nervousness. After all, your social skills were just the teeniest bit lacking. Chances were you'd take on glance at the members and run away.

Stupid timidness of yours.

"Yung...Ae Yung...Chae Yung!" Saemin shook you frantically, trying to get your attention. "Reply to him and figure out when so we can go shopping,"

You simply nodded in response. That was the second time in three days you'd be going shopping, which was a miracle in its own. Hopefully Saemin would be as merciful as your mother had bee- oh who were you kidding. If Saemin was taking you, a full day of your life was going to be wasted on clothes, end of story. And you'd just agreed to that without protest. Damnit.

Just what was this boy doing to you?

---
I'm sorry for taking so long to update. D: I've been really busy lately and I can only really update in the weekends, but I was sick one and had loads of work the other. x_x BUT IT'S HERE! I hope you like it. :3
Comments are loved. <3