How to Save A Life

How to Save A Life

                Sooyoung sighed, gently shutting her laptop in front of her. Even after many years in the business, reading hateful and hurtful comments from antis never got any easier. Though fans were really meant to defend their idols, it didn’t make anything easier. It actually seemed ironic to her how the most loyal of fans and antis could both go over the top. What puzzled her was the seemingly obvious fact that SNSD has more antis than Super Junior, DBSK, Shinee and f(x). Hell, they seemed to be one of the most hated groups in the industry. She didn’t know what they did wrong… or what any band did wrong to be hated at all. No group deserved to be hated so much.

“Why am I reading such things anyway…” She muttered to herself as she returned her laptop to her bag.

“Yah! Soo!” The door of the dressing room swung open and in came Taeyeon. “We’re almost about to do the finale and you’re still here!”

The short haired brunette smiled apologetically, rushing over to join the kid leader in the hallway packed with KPOP idols. “Sorry, Taengoo!”

“It’s about time, Soo!” Hyoyeon made a face as the two finally joined the rest of the group. “DBSK and Super Junior are about to finish their collaboration.”

                Sooyoung was spared from having to say anything in reply as the producers of the outdoor concert called all the artists to the stage. She could hear H.O.T.’s Candy starting to play; the crowd going wild as they realized that all their idols were about to sing and dance to the timeless song. A smile made its way to her lips as she and everyone joined the Super Junior and DBSK members. Amidst all the cheering and the screaming, she could still hear negative comments being hurled towards different performers. Forcing herself to focus mainly on the Sones, Sooyoung sang will the rest of her friends.

 

Sashileun oneul nawaeui manameul jeongrihako shipeo
Nal mannalkeoya ireon nal ihaehae

Eoryeomke mam jeonghankeora neke malhalkeojiman
Sashil oneul achime keunyang na saenggakhangeoya

 

“Khuntoria! Khuntoria!” The crowd suddenly cheered, causing Sooyoung to look around for her unnie and 2PM’s Thai prince. A giggle escaped her lips as she found Nichkhun and Victoria at the other side of the stage, obviously startled at the attention.

 

 Haessale ileona boni neomuna nunbusyeo
Modeunge da byeolhalgeoya nal hyanghan maeumdo
Keureohjiman neol sarang-ahnneunke anya ijeneun nareul byeonhwa
Shikiltenikka

 

 “I bet it’s only time until those two start dating.”

Sooyoung turned her head to face the person who just spoke to her, greeting him with a slight bow and a smile. “Same goes for Hyun and Yonghwa, oppa.”

 

 Neo molrae molrae molrae dareun yeojadeulkwa bikyo bikyohaetji
Jakkuman kkae-eojineun hwanshingsuke honjajeo ulko itneun
Choranalke gadhyeobarin nareul boateo
Nal ddeonalkkeoya eum! Nal ddanalkkeoya eum!
Hajiman ajikkaji saranghaneun keol
Keurae keureohjiman nae mam soke neoreul ijeokalkkeoya

 

 “Really?” A look of amusement crossed Leeteuk’s face as he scanned the stage, finding the CN Blue vocalist standing beside Jungshin, discreetly glancing at his ‘wife’. “Love is in the air.”

 “For the lucky few, I guess…” For some reason, she found herself getting really shy around the Super Junior leader.

 

 Meori wiro bichin nae haneul baradabomyeon
Neolhyanghan maeumeul ijeneun kudhyeotjiman
Waeilinji neke deo dagagalsurok urin gateun haneuleul
Araseo isseotji

 

 He flashed his very much loved dimpled smile at her, moving aside so that Narsha and Ga-in could pass; neither of the two noticing that they moved closer to each other. “We’re all meant for someone, Soo. Who knows… The right one for you might just be around the corner.”

 “If he is, he should show himself already.” Sooyoung said jokingly, missing the split second change in his expression. “C’mon, oppa! Let’s sing. People might wonder why we just keep talking.”

 

 Danji neol saranghae ireohke malhaetji
Ijekkeot junbihaetdeon mahneun mareul dwirohanchae
Eonjena ni yeope itseulge ireoke yaksokeul hagesseo
Jeolhaneuleun baradabomyo (Candy! )

 

                 The brown haired man nodded and said nothing else despite wanting to say how he preferred to ignore what people would say; the pair soon joining the rest of their colleagues in singing. Though it was tiring, they both enjoyed outdoor concerts especially in the evening. It was always something fun and very entertaining. Sooyoung smiled as the cold wind hit her face, glancing at the stars that were out as everyone in attendance sang.

 

 Naege haneuli yalryeo isseo keurae keurae naneun nae ipeseo itgo
Keurae dareun yeonideuleun kiseureul hae
Hajiman hangsang naneun nawi dwi-e isseoyaman hae
Ije keumanhae eum nado namjande eum
Nae maeum neodo alko itneungeol ara
Kerae ije nado jichyeoseo haneulman barabol su bwa-e

 

            Sooyoung and Leeteuk laughed as everyone watched Yoseob and Key try to out-dance each other. It was a pretty hard call to make to say the least. Turning her head to say something to Leeteuk, a particular figure in the audience caught the eye of the resident shikshin of SNSD. She couldn’t tell if the person standing by the exit was a boy or a girl but it soon no longer mattered. Clad in a white hooded sweater and baseball cap, the stranger was standing off at the side and was holding something up. Sooyoung had seen too many movies to recognize what the person was holding no matter how small it was. It was a pistol… and it was aimed at Leeteuk.

 

“OPPA!”

 

             Despite all the music, screaming and singing, the sound of the gunshot was unmistakably heard, The fans all screamed in fear, running towards the nearest exits. The security of the concert all rushed to maintain order and to catch the suspect of the shooting. In the midst of all of the chaos, Leeteuk stood frozen; his eyes wide and a look of absolute horror on his face as he found himself face to face with Sooyoung. Pain was written all over her face and he could see part of the back of her white top turning red. A tear rolled down her cheek before her knees finally gave way; Leeteuk catching her in his arms just in time. Those around them were frozen in shock; the reality of what just happened not really sinking in.

 

 “SOO!” Leeteuk screamed, removing one of his hands from her back to see it covered in blood.

 

 “SOOYOUNG!” Sungmin, Yunho, Donghae, Kyuhyun, Siwon, Changmin, Jaejin, Key and Junho were some of those who reached the pair first as most of the idols were evacuated from the stage. Sunye and Goo Hara reached the small cluster of people soon; tears streaming down their face

 

 “UNNIE!” Yoona and Seohyun screamed, breaking away from Taecyeon and Yonghwa’s grasp respectively as they joined those who rushed to Leeteuk and Sooyoung with Yuri, Tiffany and Taeyeon hot on her heels and with Jessica, Hyoyeon and Sunny a half step ahead of them. Amber pulled away from Victoria as the rest of the f(x), Shinee and Super Junior members watched from the side.

 

A ghost of a smile appeared on Sooyoung’s face. “O-Oppa… I-I’m glad you’re safe…”

 

 “Don’t you dare go anywhere, Soo! You stay right here with me, okay?” Despite the tears cascading down his face, Leeteuk managed to stand up with her in his arms; everyone moving out of his way. “You’ll be alright, Choi Sooyoung. Hang on. Don’t zone out on me.”

 

             As fast as his body would allow, he rushed off the stage with Sooyoung followed by the rest of their friends.  Drenched in her blood, a heart-wrenching sob escaped his chest as the short haired brunette lost consciousness in his arms. Leeteuk could only hope and pray that he could save the life of the woman who saved him.

 

The woman whom he loved more than anything in the world