Challenge Accepted...

Challenge Accepted...

KEYS POV

We haven't gone out for more than 4 months. Let's be honest we were both scared and I'm not surprised he backed off. He was the popular guy and I was just a normal everyday student. Everyone knew I was gay and everyone accepted me. Well some, but you get the point. I wasn't a social outcast since I was friends with many girls, although I also had male friends. High school was tough, but if you had girls on your side, than your fine. Girls are scary. I wasn't popular, but many knew me since I was a social butterfly and because I was the only gay in the whole school. I hardly get picked on and it wouldn't bother me if I was picked on. It was a challenge to ignore it and I accepted challenges every day, even if it wasn't a challenge.

It came to the day where I accepted a challenge that I didn't want to accept. I only accepted it because HE wanted me to. I told him I would make him happy and if this is the only way to give him a happy ending, than I guess I'll do it. It never occurred to me that a challenge could make me fall to the pit of doom. I was hurt, but to see the smile on his face.... That's what made me accept the challenge.

I guess I should start at the beginning where everything started, 4 months ago. We were strangers at first, but in the end I guess we went back to strangers. I accepted a hurtful challenge.

4 MONTHS AGO

"Key!! Me and Diane are going to the mall, want to come?" My friend said.

"It's okay, I would love to, but I got to go the teachers office." I said and we said our good byes. I walked down the hall to the teachers office. People greeted me and others cursed at me. It was no surprise and it didn't bother me. As I entered the teachers office I began to look for my teacher.

"Kibum, your here." He said. I bowed and greeted him after noticing he was behind me. "You do know why you're here right?" He asked and I nodded. "Your very bright Kibum. I would hate to give you detention or worse fail you." He said and I nodded again. Couldn't he have just got to the point? I mean he could have just said, 'Work hard or I'll fail you.' see that would have been an easier way. He talked about stuff I didn't want to hear and I only nodded. This was totally BS.

"I'm sorry sir." I apologized after he gave me a whole lecture.

"I'm here." I heard. Looking up I saw the hottest, popular jock. Kim Jonghyun.

"At least your not as worse as him." My teacher said and patted my shoulder. You could say I had a major crush on Kim Jonghyun, but who isn't? Nice hair, handsome face, amazing body. It's all I could ask for, but I couldn't have. "Jonghyun, you haven't hand in any of the assignments!!" He yelled.

"Whatever." Jonghyun said.

"Key you may go, don't forget what I told you." The teacher said to me. I bowed and made my way out of the office. I saw his eyes look at me. I looked at him and with only a matter of seconds I was running down the halls and into the parking lot.

"Get in." Jonghyun said and obviously I did, not knowing what I did. Jonghyun sped away and was already long away from school. "Hah, you should have seen his face after we ran off." He laughed. My heart thumped. My crush was with me here and now. "Hey your the gay right?" He asked. I nodded.

"You know if you were straight you would probably get a lot of ." He said. Jerk. He was a bad boy and even though I loved bad boys, they still always had one common flaw. "But you like ." He said and laughed.

"Stop the car." I said and unbuckled my seat belt. I didn't want to be bullied by the guy I loved and it was hard to give up. I didn't want to give up so I decided to ignore it.

"No." He replied. I looked at him and he lit a cigar and began to smoke in the car. He opened the window and put his hand out with the cigar in it.

"You shouldn't be smoking. Stop the car." I said in a cold tone.

"No." He said again. He ignored me and I was getting inpatient.

"STOP THE CAR!!" I shouted.

"No." He said and took a deep breath of the poison. What was I suppose to do? Open the door and just jump out? I would be crazy, but I wasn't normal. I guess I wanted to test him. I unlocked the door. "What are you doing?" He said looking at me.

"Getting out of here." I replied. I pretend to open the door and he immediately stopped the car.

"YOU CRAZY?!" He shouted. I opened the door and he exited the car as well. He went right in front of me after I slammed the door. "Why you trying to die?" He said and smoked some more.

"Look I just wanted to get off. Why did you even bring me with you?" I asked. I didn't want him to know I liked him because I would be a laughing stock if he told everyone that I confessed to him.

"Don't know, you were with me at the time." He said and leaned on his car, smoking his cigar. It was a nice black car.He smoked again so I went up to him and took the cigar and threw it on the ground.

"Your going to die sooner than you have to." I said. He looked at me and with lightning speed, pinned me against the car.

"Are you nervous?" He whispered.

"No." I lied. My heart was thumping like no tomorrow and I thought I would faint from happiness. Kim Jonghyun was only centimetres away from me. How was I suppose to respond?

"Good." He said and gently kissed me on the lips. My eyes went wide and my heart stopped. "I think I'm in love with you." He said after breaking the kiss. He looked at me dead in the eye and I slowly began to smile.

"Same." I said and wrapped my arms around his neck.

1 MONTH LATER

Me and Jonghyun were a official couple, but because he was the popular jock in the school he didn't want to tell anyone and so I just agreed. We went on dates in different parts of the city and would constantly hang out at his place. It was a dream come true, but I had a gut feeling that the jock wouldn't be around for a while. "Baby, let's go." He said after we both stayed around at school so I could hitch a ride back to his place. His friends didn't know about us and my friends didn't either. It was a secret.

I got in the car and he began to drive. As we drove he lit a cigar. "Can you please quit:?" I asked, taking it away from him.

"Key please, it's been a rough day." He said and took it back. I took it away from him again and threw it out the window. "What the hell!!" He shouted at me.

"It's for your own good okay." I replied and looked away. He sighed and began to drive faster. Soon we arrived at his house. His parents were constantly at work so he had the whole house to himself and his sister was in university. We both went in and I brought my bag so I could do homework. He however didn't like homework and would hardly do it.

"Can you NOT do it for once?" He said. I shook my head. He smirked. "I challenge you not to do homework for one day." He said knowing I would accept any challenge.

"Challenge accepted." I said and smiled. It wasn't like I was going to get trouble since I always did my homework, so I wasn't afraid. I sat on the sofa beside him and cuddled in his arms. I loved breathing in his scent it was relaxing and even with the hint of the cigar smell that's what made him, him.

"I love you." He said randomly. I looked at him and smiled. I kissed him. Jonghyun was biual, so he liked men and women. I didn't mind because he was mine. After an hour of watching random shows, I began to cook dinner for us. Taking everything I could use for cooking and began to cook some pasta. 

"Babe how much you wanna eat?" I asked. I received no reply so I went to the living room and found him on the phone. I stood there silently.

"Sure, I'll be there in 10." He said and hung up. "Key I have to go meet up with some buds, make yourself at home." He said and ran out. I went back to the kitchen and poured out the boiling water. No point now. May as well just go home. Packing up my stuff, I locked the door with the key Jonghyun gave me.

I walked home and it was dark. I was scared because it wasn't the first time I got ambushed by a unfamiliar stranger. Seoul was very crowded with people, but alley ways were still fairly deserted. I skipped the alleys and walked down the main road. At least I wouldn't be to helpless here. "Hey there pretty lady." I heard. I was always mistaken as a girl. It was the shape of my body, which I love very much.

"I'm a boy, get lost." I said and continued to walk.

"Even better, I don't need to worry about getting you pregnant." He said. ERT!!! I began to run and he followed. I ran into a market and hid behind the racks of clothes. If he dared to touch me in front of other people, than he's going to prison in matter of seconds. I didn't see him and so I thought he was gone. I was wrong because he found me right after I went out of my hiding spot. He chased after me and I ran like no tomorrow. I began to tear up. The thought of him me, killing me and hurting me was so unbearable. In the mall there was a police station near by so I ran there as fast as I could. I stood outside and watch the man back away and disappear. I needed to get home quick.

I dialled my boyfriends number. "Hello?" He said.

"I'm scared can you please pick me up." I said.

"I'm busy. Bus home or something. I'll talk to you soon." He said and hung up. I began to cry and thought I had to wait for the bus. It scared me to know that my boyfriend wasn't there for me, in the times I needed him the most. The bus came and I went home. I was scared, mad and disappointed.

The next day I went to school like any other day. I didn't greet Jonghyun or even acknowledge he was around me. It was always like this until he noticed I didn't smile around him at all. Usually we would exchange smiles, but this time I didn't even look at him. We weren't in any classes together so it meant we could hardly see each other. Except for lunch. He would tell his friends he we going to eat with some girls and I would tell my friends I was going to go home and eat. It was a daily routine, but this time I didn't even bother. I just ate with my friends, until he called me.

"Key where are you I'm waiting." He said.

"I'm eating with friends, bye." I said and hung up the phone. I could tell he was upset because he called again, but I didn't answer. 3 hours later school was done and I walked home. I lived in a different area than my friends so I walked alone. He pulled up though because I didn't meet up with him after school.

"Key, what's wrong." He said pulling up beside me.

"Nothing I'm just going home." I said and continued to walk.

"Get in." He said and I shook my head. "What the hell why are you acting like this?" He asked, I said nothing. He got out of the car and ran up to me. "I must have done something wrong. Just tell me." He said and grabbed my arm. He dragged me to the car and sped off to his house.

"Stop the car." I said, he didn't reply. The conversation ended and we sat there waiting to arrive home. We finally arrived after what seem like hours and I was forced to go in.

"Okay tell me." He said. I didn't say anything. "Key I challenge you to tell me. If you don't your a coward." Jonghyun said.

"Don't threaten me." I said, looking down.

"Than tell me what's wrong." He said and wrapped his arms around me. My tears fell and my head rested on his chest. I knew he wasn't there for me before, but what matter is that he is now. I didn't get or hurt, I was right now getting hugged.

"I nearly got hurt..." I said silently. "Yesterday, when I called you I was being followed..." I said silently again. "I nearly got r- if I hadn't ran. I wanted you to pick me up because I was scared. I didn't want to be scared." I said choking on my words a bit. He hugged me tighter.

"I'm sorry Kibummie. I-I didn't know. Your okay now. Your with me." He said and hugged me so tight my arms automatically hugged him as well. I breathed in his scent and I embraced the warmth.

"Please don't leave me." I said.

"Challenge accepted." He said and I smiled.

2 MONTHS LATER.

It was our 3 month anniversary, we couldn't celebrate to much because he had a family gathering. He gave me a necklace though which I wore everyday. We kept challenging each other in the most weirdest ways, but we always seem to have fun with them. No one knew our secret yet and I was hoping no one knew or than I knew he would want to break up. 

Days past and we were happy together we went to the amusement park once and the club. Of course no one recognized us and we were fine with that. We got in some fights as well. In the end we made up though and it was like nothing happened. Jonghyun was so sweet. One time in the club a man was grinding on me and he had to get in a fight with him because of his idiotic move.

Jonghyun is trying to quit smoking to after I constantly take away his cigars. He didn't enjoy that, but I have him a healthier alternative, gum. "Hey Key." My friend said.

"Hey Blue." I said. That was her nickname like how my nickname was Key.

"There's a rumour going around about you and the jock." She said. I looked at her confused. "I know, people said you guys are dating." She said and laughed. Of course she didn't know it was the truth, but who ever did was spreading it around the school.

"Wait who told you this?" I asked.

"Sekyung." Blue said.

"Shin Sekyung?" I said and she nodded. We never got along. She was with the popular girl that was with Jonghyun a lot. She must have figured out. "Well the rumour isn't true." I lied to protect Jonghyun's image. The topic ended and we talked about the new fashion trend. The whole time though I was stuck with the thought of the rumour. The day passed and I quickly told Jonghyun.

"So she knows." He said and sat down on the couch.

"Do you not care?" I asked, sitting on the table.

"I do." He said and said nothing more.

"What are you going to do?" I asked. I didn't care if people knew, but Jonghyun, he cared a lot.

"I'll talk to her." He said. I knew he was worried and concerned and I couldn't do anything. I got up and sat on his lap which he welcomed.

"Well get through this together." I whispered.

"Key you always make me happy. Promise you won't break that habit?" He said and smiled.

"Challenge accepted." I said and kissed him. He wasn't going to be alone. Not now at least. I didn't want to be alone again. Whenever I was with him I was happy. My life was complete. I wanted to marry him and adopt kids. It was perfect. As long as he was happy we were both happy.

The day came when Jonghyun went to talk to Sekyung. I don't know what they said, but I knew it wasn't good. From that day on he didn't contact me at all and in the halls he didn't even look at me. I felt as if we were strangers and he didn't care about me. I was getting ticked off and every time I try to contact him I never got an answer.

One day when I went to the bathroom I saw him with a girl. They were kissing and my heart dropped. It shattered. I was heartbroken. She was touching him and he was holding her waist. I wanted to scream and tell her to back off and that he was my man. I couldn't though because that's now what he wanted. They broke the kiss, but she began to mark my boyfriend. Jonghyun looked up and saw me with tears in my eyes. He didn't do anything though.

I backed away and ran to the bathroom. I en hated him. He didn't even break up with me and he was out cheating on me. I felt sick and I didn't want to go back to class. I went home right away and texted my friends telling them I wasn't feeling well. I felt like my soul was just out of my body and nothing meant anything anymore.

My parents were at work so I had the house to myself. I hugged me knees and thought, did I do something wrong. I stayed there wondering and I didn't know how long I was just sitting there for, but I lost trance after the door bell rang. I got up and opened the door. It was the person I least wanted to see. I try to close the door, but he was stronger than me and grabbed both of my hands. "Let me explain." He said.

"WHAT IS THERE TO EXPLAIN!!! YOU WANT TO BREAK UP AND YOU DECIDED TO BREAK THE NEWS TO ME BY EN CHEATING ON ME!! I HATE YOU, YOU EN JERK. YOU DOUCHE!!!" I screamed. Before I knew it my cheek hurt and my tears kept running. He slapped me... He hated me as well...

"Key I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to." He said and held my cheek. I smacked his hand away.

"Go... Go... GO!!!" I screamed and looked away. He hugged me tight and the smell of that deadly poison lurked in the air. His smell was my drug and I felt so warm taking a breath of his scent.

"I'm sorry!! I didn't want to break it to you like this!!" He shouted.

"I should have known... Your the jock.... We couldn't have a happy ending... We just couldn't.... last." I whispered and let my tears fall. He hugged me tighter, but this time I smelled that foreign smell. The smell of a girl. "Let go of me!!! I don't want your hands on me after you touched that girl!!!" I shouted and knocked his hands away. I ran to my room, but he followed. I grabbed books and magazines and threw it at him. Some hit him others didn't and some he blocked.

"Baby listen..." He said.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT!!!" I shouted and threw CDs at him. He ran up to me and held my arms together and stared right in my eyes. It was because of his stare I knew I was still in love with him.

"I'm sorry." He said. I didn't want to hear that. I didn't want to see him anymore. I relaxed and avoided his eyes. "Key I challenge you to come with me." He said and I did. Challenges weren't just challenges, they were more like a command. He took me in his car and drove me to the Han River. There was a nearby pond that water lilies and lily pads were floating around. No one was there and it was just us.

I went to walk for a bit after I stopped crying and he just followed behind. "I hate you." I said silently. Inside I didn't mean it because I love him. So much I would do anything for him.

"Key come here." He said and I did. "For my image, I had to... People figured out and you know... I can't do it anymore. You really did give me the best 4 months of my life and I really hope I can see you again. You're the best person I ever dated and I love you. It's just..." He paused.

"I get it." I said staring at the water lily. "Let's go back to strangers. At least that would be easier for us." I said. I didn't want to be friends. I wanted to be lovers, but that wasn't possible.

"Key I really love you." He said.

"Hyung.... It's over. You don't love me because if you did, you wouldn't leave me. I get it...." I said.

"Key I'm sorry. You really can meet someone better and who knows maybe down the road we'll be together again." He said.

"It's either now or never. We won't last..." I said. He was getting frustrated so he lit a cigar again. "Just don't die earlier than you have to. The past 4 months, really have been the best." I said.

"Key, please understand that I really do love you. It's just that my rep is in danger and you know how high school is." He said.

"So your rep is more important to me. I should have known. Let's just end it while I'm not crying." I said.

"Key I know your hurt and I am too. We can be friends, we can still be in contact." Jonghyun said. I took off the necklace and handed to him. "It's yours." He said. "Key please, I hate to see you hurt, I feel bad." He said.

"Didn't I accepted the challenge to make you happy." I said and smiled.

"Key..... I really am sorry and if this is the only way for both of us to move on than..." He paused for a long time and clenched his fist. Than he said it, those deadly words. "I challenge you to forget about me..." He said. How could I forget about him? How could I not remember our memories?

"Challenge accepted..." I said. I turned to him and took the cigar ouy of his mouth and gave him one quick, last kiss. I gave him back the cigar and when I walked away from him I dropped the necklace, that held painful memories, into the water that the lilies floated in. I walked away and I didn't look back.

"Key!!! I love you!!!" He shouted.

"Me too." I whispered and walked away, far far away. I lost the person that made me happy and I accepted the most painfullest challenge ever. We were now strangers. Even though we secretly loved each other. Everything ended though, just because I said 2 simple words....

Challenge Accepted...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The End

Herro!!! I hope you enjoyed and if I disappointed you than I'm very sorry!!!

Comments are always loved so if you want feel free to comment.

I have a habit of making sad oneshots, so I think this one was not as sad.

I hope you enjoyed and thank you for reading!!!

Oh and sorry for the bad grammer or mispelled words!!!

Anyway...

THANK YOU!!!

<3