Chapter four

Only Yours

Chapter four

 

(Key’s POV)

 

I stood up straight and wiped the sweat from my brow as I was finishing cleaning. It’s been an hour since I reassured Jjong about my feelings for him. He’s always been like that, especially when Onew hyung was around.

 

“Key umma~” Taemin said as he walked over to me with a bottle of water, “Here you go, I brought you a nice cold bottle of water.” I smiled and thanked him before accepting it.

 

“Has ajhuma finished cooking yet?” I asked and took a gulp of the icy cold water. He nodded his head in reply, “She told me to tell you to get both young masters to come down and eat.”

 

“Can you go tell Onew hyung while I go get Jonghyun hyung? I don’t want him to … you know.” Taemin nodded at my request and headed off first while I put the cleaning things away. After doing so, I sighed and went off to look for Jjong. Since it’s around seven right now, he’s probably in the garden somewhere and sleeping.

 

Sure enough when I found him, he was asleep and under the cherry tree in the garden. On his chest was a book that his English class was reading, he must’ve been reading when he fell asleep. Slowly, I crept closer and sat down beside him. He seemed so peaceful when sleeping, almost like a child. I carefully removed his book from his chest and placed it on the other side of him.

 

“Jjong~” I said as I gently shook him, “It’s time to wake up now.” His eyes fluttered opened and he smiled when he saw me. Before I could say anything else he pulled me down and into his chest.

 

(Normal POV)

 

Key blushed as he laid in the other’s arms. He tried to get up but Jonghyun had none of that, instead he tightened his grip around the younger. “J-Jjong~ what if someone sees?” Key asked as he looked up at him. Jonghyun only leaned in and kissed Key’s forehead.

 

“I just want to hold you like this.” Jonghyun sighed and played with the end of Key’s hair with his fingers.

 

“Well, it’s time for dinner.” Key said and sat up, “I don’t want to get yelled at for you arriving late.” Jonghyun sighed again and sat up unwillingly.

 

“Fine.” Jonghyun pouted. Key smiled and looked around before pecking the other’s lips.

 

“Mianhamnida,” He said to Jonghyun and pecked his lips again, “Let’s go now, neh?”

Jonghyun smiled and nodded his head before grabbing the other’s hand and walked inside.

 

After dinner ……………

 

As Jonghyun and his parents talked about something in his father’s office, Key went upstairs and drew a bath for him. When the water reached the level that Jonnghyun liked, Key stopped the water and squirted some essence oil into the lukewarm water for a relaxing effect.

 

When he finished, Key walked out of the connected bathroom and into Jonghyun’s bedroom. He pulled out a pair of Jonghyun’s pajamas and laid them neatly on the bed. Right as he was about to go to the door and leave, Jonghyun appeared and slammed the door behind him. He was angry and anyone could’ve seen that.

 

(Key’s POV)

 

I was about to leave Jjong’s room when he burst into the room and slammed his door, locking the door behind him. He probably didn’t notice I was in the room because he was so busy cursing under his breath and punching the wall.

 

Worried, I cautiously walked over to him but froze when he slapped a vase on a desk off and it shattered in front of me. I’ve never seen him like this before, and it somewhat scared me.

 

“J-Jjong …” He froze when he heard my voice and looked up to meet my eyes, “w-what’s wrong? Why are you so mad?”

 

Jjong turned away from me and punched the wall again. “Leave. I don’t want you to see me like this.”

 

“Bu-”

 

“I SAID LEAVE!!” Jjong shouted and went into the bathroom and locked himself in. I felt tears coming to me but I pushed them back and knelt down on the ground. He’s never yelled at me before, never.

 

Shaking my head, I started picking up the shards of what was left of the vase. I tried to be careful, but I guess I was so worried about Jjong that I wasn’t careful enough. A large shard slipped from my fingers and left a cut on hand.

 

I hissed at the pain but ignored it as I continued picking up the broken pieces. After picking ever shard I threw them in the thrash bin by the bed and left like I was told.

 

(Jonghyun’s POV)

I leaned against my bathroom door as I sat on the ground. Everything was going fine today, that is until my father wanted a word with me. He told me that I was engaged to some person, someone I didn’t even know. I was, no, I am against it. I don’t want anyone but Key. My Key.

 

Just thinking of him made me feel really sad and happy. Sad, because a part of me believes that I won’t be able to stand up to my father. Happy, because I have and always will love him. Shaking my head, I decided to take my bath. After doing so, I changed into my pajamas and sat on the edge of my bed.

 

That was when I felt like I had stepped on something wet. At first I thought it was water, but when I lifted my foot up I was surprised to find the wet substance red. … Was it blood?

 

Thinking back, I remember when I knocked the vase down from my desk, and …… Key was here. I looked into the trash bin and there enough, there was the shards and bits of them had blood on them. Key was hurt. Quickly, I dashed out of my room and into the servant’s quarters. I needed to make sure that Key was okay.

 

(Normal POV)

 

Key made it back to his room a few minutes ago and was in the middle of cleaning his cut. For a small shard it sure made a deep cut.

 

He bit his bottom lip to keep him from screaming in pain. The antiseptic burned and it felt like his hand was going numb. Key was about to wrap it up when his bedroom door opened. (AN: Servant’s are not allowed to lock their doors, it’s a rule.) Looking up he was somewhat surprised to see Jonghyun standing there.

 

“Jjong …” Key said quietly before looking away from him. When he looked at Jonghyun it reminded him of the other yelling at him.

 

Jonghyun’s eyes looked down and saw the cut on the other’s hand. He quickly walked over and sat down on the bed beside Key and carefully took the injured hand into his.

 

“Key …” Jonghyun looked at him, “does it hurt?” Key remained quiet and only nodded his head in replay. Jonghyun wanted to ask why the other was so quiet but first he wanted to wrap the hand up before it starts bleeding again.

 

After wrapping the hand carefully, he cupped the other’s face in his hands and made Key look at him.

 

“Key, … what’s wrong?” Jonghyun asked.

 

“…You yelled at me …” Key answered and looked away from him, “I was worried about you … but …”

 

Jonghyun remembered and sighed before pulling Key’s head to lean against his shoulder. “I’m sorry Key … I … I was angry. … I didn’t mean to yell at you, I just … didn’t want you to see me like that.” Slowly, Key hugged him and Jonghyun hugged back. He didn’t know if he should tell Key about his and his father’s meeting. It would probably break Key’s heart, if not kill him.