A Fortune for the Future

Another World Then Mine

(Normal POV)

It was just after school as you made your way out of the school gate toward home.
Humming a soft tune as you walked, you watched as your schoolmates pass you on their way home.
"You look like someone who wants to know where they need to go next." a voice said from your left as you are passing through the shopping district.
You turn your head to see a woman sitting at a small table with a crystal ball and other fortune telling materials sitting in front of her.
"Me?" You asked confused looking around for anyone else that could be anyone else she could be talking to.
"Nae, you." the woman replied with a veiled smile. "Please, come sit."
You don't know what to do, so you decide to go sit. 
"What do you want to know about your future? You can ask two questions." the fortune-teller asked curiously.
"Well...okay." You replied thinking for a moment. "Will I ever be able to learn how to defend myself?" 
The fortune-teller chuckled and looked at the crystal ball in front of her.
Her eyes went a misty blue color as he looked into the crystal ball.
"You will learn the tools you need to protect yourself and others. You will have many teachers." she told you. "Now, what is your second question?"
You began to think again but wasn't sure what to ask.
"I'm not sure what to ask." You admitted.
"I will look into your immediate future then." the fortune-teller said with a smile and looked into her crystal ball again.
Again, her eyes went a misty blue as she gazed into her crystal ball.
"You...will embark on a journey. It will teach you many things about yourself and it's crucial that you don't forget the things that are most important to you." the fortune-teller explained.
"What kind of journey? Like school or something?" You questioned confused.
"No...not something you would expect. Something you could never imagine." she answered as her eyes returned to normal.
"Uh...okay. Thanks, I'll be going now. How much do I owe you?" You said getting up not wanting to hear anymore.
"You owe me nothing, Ms. Jung. Thank you for your time and please take this card." the fortune-teller replied holding out a white card with the words "Crescent Arius" on it.
You take the card confused.
"What is it for?" You inquired looking back up.
But the fortune-teller wasn't there anymore.
Neither was the table she had with her.
"Weird." you say as you just put the card in your bag and turn to head home.
As you walk home, you think about the fortune-teller and her fortunes.
She told me that I would learn how to defend myself, but did she mean like a self-defense or something like that? You thought with a sigh.
Your second fortune bothered you the most as you reached your house.
What did she mean about me going on some kind of journey? I mean, she said it isn't something that I will expect. But could it have something to do with the first fortune? You wondered as you pulled out your house key to open the front door.
Taking your shoes off at the door and setting them on the shelf, you notice your umma's shoes.
"I guess Umma is home early today." you say as you slip into your black slippers and head toward your room. "I'm home!" 
"Welcome home, Ha Neul!" your umma's voice called out.
"I'm going to change out of my uniform then come back down!" you call back from the stairs.
You walk up the stairs and into your bedroom.
Setting your bag on your desk and walk over to the closet to find what clothes to wear.
You look through multiple outfits and choose one. 
It has a short dark grey jacket with a long white shirt with a black ribbon on the front matched with light grey pants.
"Perfect." You said as spin around to look at yourself in the full-length mirror on your wall next to your closet.
Once you finished dressing, you walked down the stairs toward the kitchen.
"Ha Neul, how was school today?" your Umma asked.
"It was alright. We played volleyball in gym class today." you answer as you come to sit at the dinner table.
"How did your pre-test for history go?" she inquired looking over her shoulder from the sink where she was washing off vegetables.
"I didn't do as well as I thought. I got a B+ instead the A+ I wanted." you replied with a sigh.
"Just keep studying and you'll get it, dear." your Umma assured you.
"Yeah, thanks. Can I get something to snack on while I study?" you ask as you got up.
"Go ahead and get an apple with a cup of lemonade that I made." she answered.
"Okay!" You say happily and go over to the fridge.
You grab out an apple before pulling a cup out of the cupboard for the lemonade.
Pouring yourself some lemonade, you put it back in the fridge and close it.
"Thanks, Umma." you giggled leaving the kitchen and heading back up to your room.
Setting the cup of lemonade and apple on your desk, you walk over to your cd player wondering what music you should listen to while you study.
Looking over your cds, you pick out a Super Junior cd and pop it in the cd player.
The song Mr. Simple starts to sound as you sit down at your desk to start studying.
You hum along as you begin to study. 
Looking over your english homework, you try to decide which part you should do first.
You breeze through the english phrases and the rest of your english homework.
"This is getting too easy lately. I guess it's because I remember my notes so well." You said to yourself with a smile.
You finish your homework within the next hour and lean back in your chair.
"Ah, finally done." you sigh softly.
You reach over and turn off your cd player and turn back to your desk.
Looking at your bag sitting neatly on your desk, you notice the white card sticking out of the side.
Walking over, you pull it out of your bag and look at it.
"Crescent Arius" You read aloud. "What does that mean?" 
Setting the card down on the desk, you hear you mother calling you down for dinner.
"Guess I'll have to figure it out on my own." you say as you leave your room to go have dinner.

CHAPTER 1 END!
 
~Author's Note~
So, how was the first chapter??? I know it didn't tell much or have the boys in it, but don't worry. They will be showing up soon enough.

When I was deciding to write this or not, I was thinking about all the YOU fanfics I've read.
Usually they are all the same with; all the guys fall for the girl and want her for themselves or the girl is always needing to be saved and so on.
I have nothing against those stories, it's just with having all the guys fall for you and stuff isn't something that should happen in all YOU fanfics.
The one I got inspiration from was this YOU fanfic:
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/78829/welcome-to-neverland-dongho-eli-kevinwoo-kiseop-soohyun-ukiss-hoonukiss

It's called Welcome to Neverland. 

It was really well written and I find it very inspiring. 
Please read it! XD

Please leave me feedback!! I would really appreciate it!