Chapter 3 ♥

You're My First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dongwoo couldn’t concentrate in his class. His mind kept wandering to somewhere else. He kept worrying of how to look for a place to live.

“Mianhae Jieun-ah! Your brother is such a hopeless person!”  He thought to himself. The creases on his forehead deepened as he thought about his problems. Sunggyu realized that Dongwoo was acting weird and a little bit silent than usual.

Dongwoo was still staring mindlessly at his book on the table when suddenly someone knocked on his table. He almost jumped from his seat.

“Dongwoo-ssi, are you sick?” Miss Linda, their English teacher asked. Her Korean accent was slightly strange but it was understandable. Dongwoo raised his head and stared at the teacher’s face. She looked very concerned.

“N-no, I’m not. I’m sorry for not concentrating in your class.” Dongwoo bowed and apologized in English; considering it was English class. He was lucky that it was Miss Linda’s class. The other teachers would probably have sent him out of the class.

“Ah~ If you are sick, you can go to the school clinic. And I forgive you.” She smiled before walking back to the whiteboard and resumed her class. Dongwoo sighed in relief and shook his head so he could concentrate in the class. Sunggyu slightly pouted his lips as he worried about his friend.

 

KRRRRING!  

 

The school bell rang. It was time for lunch. Dongwoo slowly got up from his seat and grabbed his lunchbox that you prepared for him. He walked out from the class; making his way to the school cafeteria. Suddenly, someone grabbed him by the neck from behind.

“Hey!” Sunggyu shouted right at his ears.

“Ah! You surprised me!”

Sunggyu just laughed. “Hey, chingu-yah. Why are you being so moody today? I thought you were a walking corpse when I walked behind you just now.”

Dongwoo laughed weakly. “Nah, it’s nothing.”

“Hey, we’re best friends. Best friends share their problems with each other, right?” he patted Dongwoo’s shoulders.

Dongwoo laughed again. “Alright, alright. I’ll tell you.”

“Okay, you tell me after this. I’m gonna buy my lunch first. Unlike you, I don’t have anyone to cook for me and as if my brother would cook for me.” He scoffed. “Save a seat for me, I’ll be back!”

Dongwoo just waved his hand at Sunggyu as Sunggyu went to buy his lunch.

 

Sunggyu was queuing up as he waited for his turn. After he bought his lunch, he paid the ahjumma and thanked her. He was walking towards Dongwoo’s table when suddenly someone called him.

“Hyung!” Sungyeol called loudly.

Sunggyu turned and saw Sungyeol was running towards his direction. “What do you want?” He asked.

Sungyeol giggled and rubbed his hands together. “Hyung… can you give me some money?” He made an awkward smile.

“What?! Don’t you have your own pocket money? I’m pretty sure Mum has sent some.” Sunggyu raised his left brow.

“Um, you see….I spent that money to buy some alb--I mean I used them to buy some books!” he stuttered and chuckled nervously. It was obvious that Sungyeol said he bought some albums. Sunggyu shook his head.

“Aish, are the albums that important to you?” Sunggyu sighed.

“Of course! They were Infinite’s albums, the best group ever!” Sungyeol said.

“Who cares? Aish no, I’m not giving you any money. You should have been more responsible for your own money.”

“But hyung…I’m starving!” Sungyeol pleaded.

“I said n-“ Sunggyu was about to argue with Sungyeol but then Woohyun came.

 

“Ya, Sungyeollie-ah, what’s wrong?” Woohyun asked.

“My stingy brother won’t give me any money for me to buy lunch.” He complained. Woohyun just chuckled and glanced at Sunggyu. He slightly bowed his head to greet Sunggyu.

Sunggyu also bowed at him. He became flustered because of Woohyun’s presence. Embarrassed; he handed some money to Sungyeol.

“O-only this time.” Sunggyu stuttered. ‘Ah, I kept stuttering when I saw him. What’s wrong with me?’ Sunggyu thought.

“Really?! Thank you, hyung! You’re the best!” Sungyeol took the money and shook Sunggyu’s hands enthusiastically.

“Whatever.” Sunggyu said and quickly walked away from them.

Sungyeol jumped up and down. “Look, Woohyun-ah! I don’t have to starve!” He clapped his hands excitedly. 

Woohyun laughed at Sungyeol’s childishness before glancing at Sunggyu’s direction again. He smiled again for no reason because of Sunggyu.

 

‘Aish, what’s wrong with me? What is this strange feeling whenever I see him? Do I…like him?’ Sunggyu thought but then he shook his head hard. ‘No way! He is a guy and I am also a guy. We can’t be together, it’s forbidden!’ he argued in his mind. ‘Wait, why am I thinking about this too seriously? Aish, Sunggyu, get yourself together.’

He grabbed his seat and sat down beside Dongwoo. “Now, spill.” Sunggyu ordered.

Dongwoo stopped eating and sighed. “My sister and I got kicked out from the house ‘cause I couldn’t pay the rent. And I have 3 days only to find a new place to live.”

“Wait, what?” Sunggyu’s eyes widened. “I thought you have like…3 part-time jobs? Why couldn’t you pay the rent? I don’t understand. I remember you didn’t have enough sleep last week because you were working until midnight.”

Dongwoo sighed again. “I got the pay for the one of my part-time jobs but I used them to buy the groceries and the amount of money left was not enough to pay the rent. Then, I got fired from one of the part-time job because they had to cut down on their workers and I just started working for the other two part-time jobs so I couldn’t ask for my pay yet.” He explained. Sunggyu nodded his head in sympathy.

“So, what…are you going to do?”

“For now, I have to try looking for a new place to live. But I think the price of the rent will increase…” Dongwoo sighed. “If that is the case, then I have to work harder for my part-time jobs.”

“Ya, if you work too hard, then you will not have time to study. How are you going to graduate from high school if you keep this up?”

Dongwoo lowered his head. He didn’t have any answer for that question because it was the truth. But what else he could do? He has a sister to take c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter