Chapter 2 ♥

You're My First
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu pulled out the key and unlocked the door. He twisted the knob and opened the door. He almost bumped to Woohyun as he entered.

“Whoa.” Sunggyu avoided.

“Ah, hyung.” Woohyun greeted and laughed. “It seems like we’ve been bumping to each other a lot today.”

“Y-yea.” Sunggyu agreed and stared at Woohyun’s eyes. Woohyun tilted his head and looked back at Sunggyu.

“Why are you looking at Woohyun like that?” Sungyeol suddenly slapped Sunggyu’s shoulder.

“Like w-what?” Sunggyu stuttered. ‘Ah, why do I keep stuttering every time I see him?’ Sunggyu scratched his head.

“I’m going first. See you at school, Yeol-ah. Goodbye hyung.” Woohyun bowed and left. He smiled to himself because he thought Sunggyu was acting really funny these days.

“Hyung, get a grip of yourself oh?” Sungyeol said as he ruffled Sunggyu’s hair.

“Get a grip of myself? Wae?” he asked but Sungyeol was already gone upstairs. He tilted his head; confused.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Sungyeol burped and patted his stomach. “Hyung, I’m tired of eating fast foods. Why don’t you try to cook next time?” Sungyeol suggested.

“Okay, if you are willing to die.” Sunggyu answered sarcastically.

Sungyeol burst out laughing. “Ya, Hyung! I don’t think someone will die ‘cause of eating some terribly cooked foods.

“You should be the first.”

Sungyeol scoffed. “I don’t want. Ah~ I miss eating home-cooked meals~ Should I go back to America?”

“What’s the difference? It’s not like mum who cooks them, it’s the maids. Mum is too busy with her business recently that she can’t cook for us anymore.”

“Yea, I know. It’s not like I don’t like her getting busy and involved in business; at least, there is something she can do besides doing the chores at home. But, I missed eating her home-cooked meals.”          

“Yea, you’re right. Ya, it’s your turn to wash the dishes today.” Sunggyu said and quickly stood up from his chair.

Sungyeol smirked. ”Hyung, I don’t think it’s a big thing. Some genius people have made our life better and easier by inventing things such as d-i-s-h-w-a-s-h-e-r.”

“I guess you’re right. Huh, there goes my plan to bully you.”

Sungyeol burst out laughing.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

You and your brother was peacefully eating your dinner. You kept laughing at your brother’s expression as he enjoying his meal. It’s been awhile since both of you had dinner together so you were extremely happy. Suddenly, the peace was broken by a sudden harsh knocking on the front door.

 

BANG BANG BANG!

 

Both of your brother and you were startled. You ran to open the door and your brother followed you from behind.

“Ne~ Who is it?” you asked as you opened the door.

It was the landlady, her face were ugly as hell because she was frowning and the creases on her forehead deepened as she saw you.

“Where’s your brother?” she demanded.

“Ne, ma’am. What can I help you with?” your brother calmly asked. You stepped aside to let your brother talked with the landlady. Your brother always asked you not to interfere when he’s talking with the landlady. ‘If the witch come, let me talk to her. You should never ever said a thing, understand?’ you still remembered his words clearly.

“You said you’ll be paying the rent on this weekend but I don’t recall you coming to my house and pay anything!” she shouted. Her voice was coarse and your ears felt like they were going to be deaf soon.

Your brother took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a moment before continuing to talk. “Ma’am, I haven’t got my pay yet. Can I pay you later? Just for a few more days. Please.” Your brother tried to beg but hearing your brother’s word, the landlady became angrier.

“What? Postpone again? No way. It’s either you pay the rent by today or you can get the hell out of this house!”

You gulped. Where else will your brother and you will be living if both of you were kicked out from this house? “Please don’t kick us out. Please don’t kick us out.” You kept chanting in your mind.

“Huh, okay then. I’m afraid that we really have to leave the house. But ma’am, please give us 3 days to pack up things and find a new place to live. I’m begging you.” Your eyes widened when your brother said that. You never thought that both of you really have to leave.

The landlady scoffed. “Fine, I’ll give you time. You better be out of my sight after 3 days.” She glared and stomped away. Your brother closed the door and massaged his temples.

 

“Oppa, do we really have to leave?” you asked with a tiny voice.

He nodded weakly.

“But why? Shouldn’t you suppose to receive your pay already?”

“Umm, Jieun-ah. I’m sorry for not telling you but actually oppa has been fired and I just started working on the other two part-time jobs so they weren’t giving any pay yet.”

“What? You’ve been fired? But why?”

“The mart has to cut down on their workers because of the economy distress or whatever they called it.”

You lowered your head and your eyes became blurry because of the tears. You felt angry to yourself because you couldn’t help your brother at all. If only you were allowed to work, this thing wouldn’t happen and both of you wouldn’t have been kicked out of the house.

“What are we going to do now oppa? Where are we going to live?” your voice cracked and the tears started to trickle down your cheeks. Your brother rushed towards you and embraced you.

“Ya~ Don’t cry. There will be a solution to this somehow. Don’t worry too much.” He said as he caressed your hair and hugged you tight. You buried your face to his chest. The more he tried to soothe you, the more you felt like crying.

Dongwoo smiled weakly. Actually deep inside his mind, he didn’t know what he should do. Finding a new place is not that easy to do especially with the economic distress, the price of the rent would have probably increased. He sighed heavily.

 

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

 

Sungyeol breathed in the clean air as he walked to the balcony. It was his favourite spot. He loved how he could watch the river and from the balcony

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter