Ransom

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

"What do we do now?"

The Oh family, Shinee and Exo-K were gathered at the Oh house to discuss about their plans to save Sehun.

Mrs Oh was pale and sobbing while Mr Oh had to sit down because he felt dizzy from the news. Jooyeon sniffed sadly and comforted Sunmi who was crying uncontrollably.

"What exactly happened?" Mr Oh inquired. "How? When? How did Taemin know Sehun was about to get kidnapped?"

Taemin swallowed and met eyes with Jooyeon. "I think I have something to confess about my ability.." he muttered.

Taemin and Kai explained about their ability to read the future and minds respectively and how it ran in their blood.

Taemin told them how he saw the future about Sehun being kidnaped around an hour ago and immediately called off the date with Jooyeon, hoping to prevent it from happening. The Shinee and Exo-K boys were too far away to be called for back up unfortunately and he didn't want Jooyeon to be involved. Hence he went himself.

"It's my fault." Taemin murmured. "I was the one who wasn't able to protect Sehun that's why he's being kidnapped even though I knew it was coming."

"Maknae it isn't your fault." Minho comforted. "You were one against three. And if it's fate it's meant to happen."

Taemin collapsed on the chair. "You don't understand...I HAD to save him. If not..." he choked. "If not...everything...my life..."

"Oppa." Jooyeon didn't understand what Taemin was talking about but she went over to him and is arm soothingly. She hated to see him hurt like that.

"Then Taemin, if you can read the future, can you see what's going to happen to Sehun?" Mrs Oh asked. "What do they want in return for Sehun's safety?"

Taemin's eyes lowered to look at the ground while he clenched his fists miserably. "They're going to call in three."

The guys blinked and looked at each other.

RINGGGGG!!

"Wow." Chanyeol blurted. "That's convenient."

Taemin went over and picked up the phone call gingerly, setting it to loudspeaker so everyone could hear it.

"Hello?"

"We have your son." a muffled voice said through the line. "Oh Sehun. First year in the Seoul University of Arts. Do you want him back?"

Sunmi nodded vigorously and hugged on the couch pillow tighter. Taemin took a deep breath and his lips nervously.

"Yes." he said, his voice much more calm than he was feeling. "Yes please let him go. What do we have to do to get him back?"

"One million won. One million won ransom and we will let him go." Hye kidnapper told them. "Tomrrow, at noon at the old warehouse over at the east side of town. No cops involved because it won't affect anything. We'll just kill your son off."

"No!" Mrs Oh cried out.

"Well then," the voice smirked. "One advice. You know who you should send to pay the ransom. Wrong person, and Sehun's dead."

With that, the line got cut off with Taemin placing the phone back with a very pale expression.

"What did he mean by that?" Kai frowned. "Who does he expect to pay the ransom and why?"

Taemin played with his fingers behind his back. "It's me I guess. Because I can read the future so it's safer for me to go isn't it?" he laughed uneasily. "And I think he means only send one person because that's the right person."

Kai frowned, not really believing his hyung's reasoning but when he tried to read Taemin's mind, Taemin had already consciously blocked it.

"So you're going to pay the ransom?" Onew frowned at Taemin. "At least let us back up somewhere or wait for you outside the warehouse. It's dangerous Taemin."

"No!" Taemin blurted.

"Oppa!" Jooyeon frowned in surprise.

"No." Taemin repeated. "It's going to be dangerous and I can handle it myself. I saw the future. I give the money and Sehun's going to be alright. No need to provoke those people."

He shot Kai a look. "Especially you, Kai. I don't want you near the place at all. I mean it." he warned.

Kai just nodded grudgingly.

"Fine. Then it's settled like this?" Sunmi breathed out a shaky breath. "Sehun's going to be alright?"

Jonghyun patted Sunmi's shoulder comfortingly and gave her an encouraging smile.

"But don't you think something is weird here?" Baekhyun suddenly blurted. "They go to such lengths to kidnap someone and they only want a million won. A million won can only buy you one or two branded handbags at most. Why ask for such a small sum?"

Taemin stiffened and became instantly alert.

"Nah I guess those kidnappers don't know their math well." D.O. waved the matter well. "Maybe they thought a million won is a huge sum of money, like a million US bucks or Euros." he shook his head.

Taemin let out a breath. "Yeah. I think that's it."

Key clapped and smiled at the crowd. "It's going to be solved then! One million won given and we have Sehun back tomorrow! Cheer up guys!"

The boys cheered and tried to lift the girls' spirits. Sunmi smiled weakly and nodded. "Yeah. Sehun will be back soon."

 

 

Taemin and Jooyeon were sitting out at the lawn in front of Jooyeon's house. The gang had stayed over at Jooyeon's for dinner and the were still inside, eating.

Our main couple had escaped for while to come out for some fresh air and some alone time.

Jooyeon sighed as she played with the hem of her shirt. "I'm still worried Taemin oppa." she murmured. "What if something goes wrong tomorrow?"

Taemin pulled her towards him and rested her head on his shoulder. He held her delicately and breathed into her hair. "Nothing will go wrong Yeon." he assured. "I can see the future remember? I'll give the money and they'll set Sehun free. Simple as that."

Jooyeon turned to look at him. "And everyone will be safe and sound and everything will return to normal?"

Taemin bit his lip. "Sehun will be safe." he finally said.

Jooyeon smiled and leaned back on his shoulder. "And you'll be safe too, Taemin oppa?"

Taemin kissed her temple and closed his eyes. "I'll try my best Yeon. Because i love you."