I love you

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

56 I love you


"He didn't give me anything."

Jooyeon muttered and slumped onto her bed immediately, not minding that she was all sweaty and sticky after the guitar concert and she was most definitely going to have to wash the bedsheets the next day.

She stared up at the ceiling, her expression blank. "He didn't give me anything." she repeated in a robotic voice.

She had waited the whole day for some sort of recognition from Taemin but oh no that guy just had to act like there was nothing wrong with the day and that it wasn't the second most romantic day in the year.

Jooyeon sighed dejectedly. "Does this mean that he doesn't like me?" she murmured. This thought made her heart break. What if it's really true? What if he really doesn't like her back and all those hopes and dreams she had fantasized with him in it...they'd be all gone.

At this very moment, she realized how big a part Taemin played in her life. He had some how woven himself into her best dreams and whenever she thought of her future, he was there by her side. She couldn't imagine how she would survive without him. It was really impossible.

Jooyeon whimpered and hugged her pillow tight. what is she going to do now?

Frowning, Jooyeon took out a sunflower that had been given by Chanyeol. Another rose from Baekhyun. "Look at these dongsaengs." she grumbled. "They even had the courtesy to give something back because I made them cookies and chocolate on Valentines day." she muttered.

She wrinkled her nose at the thought of Taemin. "And that Lee Taemin didn't even bother getting me a single card!" she exclaimed, now getting angrier and angrier. She sat up on her bed and glared at the wall.

"And he was the one who went on and on about us being soulmates and everything!" she grumbled. "And now he didn't even say Happy White Day or something! What the hell!" she punched her pillow. "Lee Taemin you !"

Her phone suddenly rang and she picked it up without looking at who it was.

"YES?" she almost shouted.

 "Yeon?"

Jooyeon blinked and did a double take at the screen. Her heart skipped a beat when she saw that it was Taemin on the phone. She wrinkled her nose. *Don't forgive him so easily Oh Jooyeon! Keep it up!* she told herself.

"Who is this?" Jooyeon asked. "Is it Dylan? Or Chase? Oh I know! You're George!" she said in the flirtiest voice she had.

She could hear several seconds of silence of what she assumed was confusion before Taemin spoke. "Yeon? This is Taemin oppa." Jooyeon winced. Why must his voice be so cute even on the phone?!

"Oh." Jooyeon responded as coldly as possible. "Yes? Is anything the matter?"

"Yeon can you come down for a moment?"

Jooyeon blinked. She glanced at the clock and saw that it was already 9:30pm. "Now?" she asked in surprise.

"Yeah. Now." She could practically see Taemin smile that bright smile of his. "I'm outside your house right now. Can you come down?"

Jooyeon gulped. She ran to her window and saw Taemin standing in front of her door. OH MY GOD. What was he doing there?

"I'll be right down." Jooyeon told him. She looked herself up and down and was devastated to find that she was dressed in her hello kitty pyjamas with fluffy pink slippers. She threw on her black coat in hope that it would cover her ugly outfit and ran down the stairs at top speed.

"Where are you going, Jooyeon?" Mrs Oh asked as her daughter sped past her.

"Just outside the house umma!" Jooyeon ran off. Mrs Oh scratched her head confusedly until Sehun appeared out of nowhere. "Just let her go, umma. You're going to get a son-in-law soon!" he grinned.

Jooyeon flung the door open, slightly panting, and saw Taemin looking at her with amusement shining in his eyes. Jooyeon cursed herself for running down so quickly. She should have let him waited!

"What are you doing here, Taemin oppa?" Jooyeon asked, shuffling around uneasily, pink tints forming on her cheeks from embarrassment of wearing such a childish outfit. Taemin took her hand and closed the door behind her.

Jooyeon blinked. Are they going somewhere?

"You were angry weren't you?" Taemin suddenly asked.

Jooyeon blinked at him. Taemin chuckled and pinched her cheek. "You were angry that I didn't give anything to you on White Day." Taemin explained.

Jooyeon blushed and slapped his hands away lightly. "Aish." she grumbled. "I wasn't angry!" she defended. "I was disappointed and confused and irritated and annoyed and..." Taemin looked at her. "Okay!" Jooyeon raised her hands up in defeat. "I was angry alright?" she huffed. "In fact I still am." she muttered.

Taemin chuckled and held her hand tighter. "Don't you know, Yeon? The best things always come last."

"What best thin-" Jooyeon's mouth fell open as Taemin led her to the side of the road. In front of her house parked a pink caravan that had the words JOOYEON & TAEMIN printed in white on the sides. There were ribbons and flowers and roses and hearts, and it looked like some sort of wedding car except it was exchanged for a caravan instead.

Taemin smiled when he saw her astonished expression. "Like it?" Jooyeon could only nod because she could find no words. Taemin tugged her lightly to follow. "There's more."

He opened the door of the caravan with a big show and bowed. Jooyeon giggled as Taemin helped her up the steps. Inside the caravan, Taemin had arranged roses everywhere.

But the focus of the whole set up was the large heart on the floor of the caravan, laid out with scented candles that made the caravan smile simply wonderful.

There were tarts and chocolates and deserts placed on the table, and slow jazz playing in the background. It was awfully unique and romantic.

"Taemin oppa..." Jooyeon swallowed, tears welling up in her eyes. Taemin smiled his brilliant smile at her. "Like it Yeon?" he asked, curling a lock of her hair behind her ear.

Jooyeon sniffled and nodded. She loved it. How can she not? It was so out of this world, so thoughtful, so...Taemin. Taemin smiled and led her to one of the chairs and sat her down. He took one of the pink cup cakes and peeled the paper wrapping away.

"Say ah~" He cooed, putting it at Jooyeon's mouth.

Jooyeon pinked. "I can feed myself Taemin oppa." Taemin pouted and shook his head. "No. Let me." he insisted. "Say ah~"

Jooyeon blushed. "Ah..." her eyes widened. "AHHHHH!!!!!" she pointed. "SNAKE SNAKEEE!!!" Taemin wheeled around to see a small grass snake curling on the floor beside one of the scented candles.

The snake looked here and there and finally decided that the best place it wanted to be at was on Jooyeon's chair. It slithered up the legs of the chairs, hissing delightfully.

Jooyeon was scared out of her wits. She flung herself at Taemin, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Get it away Taemin oppa!" she shrieked. "I don't want to die! Help! I haven't even told you that I love you yet! HELPPPPP!!!!"

Taemin raised his brows and chuckled. "Yeon."

"JUST GET IT AWAY!" Jooyeon conitnued. "I DON'T WANT TO DIE!"

"Yeon, just listen-"

"AHHHHH!!! UMMA, APPA, SEHUN AH~~ I'M GOING TO DIE!!"

"Yeon it's harmless." Taemin picked up the snake calmly while cradelling Jooyeon in his arms like a baby, and flung it out of the caravan window. The snake landed on the grass and happily slithered away. He showed Jooyeon his hands. "See? Nothing now."

Jooyeon heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank goodness." She was suddenly very aware of their compromising position and inched away. However, Taemin's arms were tightly wounded around her waist as she sat on his lap, making it impossible to move.

"Taemin oppa, let me go." Jooyeon demanded weakly, her heart pounding crazily.

Taemin grinned at her. "No." He leaned forward. "Say that again Yeon."

"Say what?" Jooyeon frowned, recalling her words. She had been in a frenzy and didn't exactly keep track of what came out of .

"You said you didn't want to die." Taemin reminded her. "Because you haven't told me that you love me." his face was smug and of pure delight. "So now that you're not going to die, tell me." he nudged her.

Jooyeon froze. *OH. DAMN. IT.*

"Uhm. I was just..." Jooyeon looked around at everywhere except for at Taemin. "Just you know..." her cheeks were so red she looked like an apple. A cute apple.

"Say it, Yeon." Taemin nudged her again.

*Oh man why why why..* Jooyeon suddenly bolted up right and glared at Taemin. "YOU!" she exclaimed. "You can read the future so why didn't you predict that snake appearing huh?"

Taemin chuckled and fixed her bangs. "Because I knew you were going to confess if it did appear, Yeon."

Jooyeon pinked. "I didn't, I repeat, DIDN'T confess, exactly.. as in.."

"Because I love you too, Yeon." Taemin cut her off. Jooyeon blinked. It was as if time stopped at that very moment as she digested that six simple words and it almost took six hours to get it into her system.

Taemin laughed. "Why do you look so shocked Yeon?" he nudged her. "I told you we were soulmates from the beginning. Didn't you think soulmates loved each other?"

"But.." Jooyeon muttered, getting redder by the second. "You never once said that."

"So I'm saying it now." Taemin cupped her face and brought it down nearer to him. "I love you Yeon. Will you be my girlfriend?"

Jooyeon felt tears well in her eyes. How many times have she imagined this scene?

"Yes. And I love you too." she whispered, a tear trickling down her cheek. Taemin smiled and wiped the lone tear away, reaching up to meet her lips.

It was the sweetest kiss, sweeter than even Taemin had predicted.