Double Date

According to the Future, You're my Soulmate

 

"Come on noona pleeeeeeeeaseeeeeee~~" Sehun whined.
 
Jooyeon mentally smacked herself. She wanted to run off right at this instant because she knew at the end of the day, she would succumb to Sehun's cuteness no matter how much she wanted to resist. 
 
She knew she would regret her decision at the end, but that didn't mean she couldn't put up a fight even though she knew it was going to be fruitless.
 
"No." Jooyeon blurted frankly.
 
"Noona!" Sehun pouted. He went over to her where she was sitting on the couch watchin gthe television, trying not to pay any attention to him. She laid his head on her lap and made her look at him.
 
"Please noona, you know how much I like Sunmi noona!" Sehun exclaimed. "It wasn't easy waiting for her to stop liking that bastard Daehyun, and now I finally have a chance! You can't leave me in the lurch!"
 
Jooyeon gave him a scandalized look. "Excuse me Aegyo king," she reminded. "You can court Sunmi for all you like but don't drag me into this!"
 
Sehun frowned and sat up. "Noona, you know Sunmi noona won't go on a date with me unless you're going along~" he pleaded. "Just come along, noona. Please?"
 
"I think you're missing on a very important point here aegyo king!" Jooyeon shrilled. "This is a double date you're talking about! Which means I have to ...you know...date Kai!"
 
Sehun made a face and sighed. "Come on noona, I know you won't be likely to accept him seeing your expression right now." he admitted. "And I secretly support another pairing of yours." he thought about Taemin. "But doesn't mean you can't give Kai a chance. I mean, it's not that easy wearing a tux to school with flowers in your hands and declaring your love to the girl you like in front of a whole massive crowd you know. And I know because i speak from personal experience!"
 
Jooyeon swallowed.  Damn, the guilt trip.
 
Sehun looked at her with those Puss in boots eyes of his. "Please noona?" he pleaded once more. And Jooyeon knew she had no way out of this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
"I'm glad you could come, Jooyeon noona." Kai smiled softly.
 
The four had met in a cafe before venturing out to do whatever couples were meant to do on double dates: things that Jooyeon and Sunmi had no idea about.
 
Jooyeon made a face. "Sehun is a very persuasive brother." she murmured. Kai chuckled softly. "I know you didn't want to come, noona." he admitted, causing Jooyeon to look at him curiously.
 
"In fact I even doubt I have a chance to get your heart." Kai continued. "But I'm going to try no matter how slim the chances are. Because you're more than worth it, noona. Much more worth everything I'm doing now."
 
Jooyeon softened. How could she not when some awfully handsome guy said something like that? "You don't need to take this as a date, Jooyeon noona." Kai suggested. "Just some form of outing? Who knows, maybe you'll find yourself falling for me by the end of the day." he grinned.
 
Jooyeon laughed and nodded. "Arraso." For Kai's efforts, she was going to keep an open mind about this, just today.
 
-----
 
The four of them went to the Underwater World because Sehun knew Sunmi liked animals. He didn't especially adore them and refused to touch small rabbits and cats and dogs or whatever, hence the underwater world was the ideal place where there were animals and there were no touching. Period.
 
Sunmi immediately relaxed when she came into view with things she liked and was familiar with. "That's a tiger shark! Oh my!" Sunmi fawned and snapped a million pictures continuously in enthusiasm.
 
Sehun smiled affectionately at Sunmi and followed her around, liking how she looked so completely comfortable and excited. Kai and Jooyeon followed behind, awed at the many sea animals and creatures they didn't even know exist.
 
Jooyeon tried desperately to take a picture with a large turtle that was exceptionally large but nevertheless active, and asked Kai to help her snap the picture.
 
However, the stupid turtle did everything it could to avoid being captured on camera just like how a senior experienced celebrity would behave when faced with reporters. When Jooyeon stood in front of the glass showcase that kept the turtle behind in it's water tank, the turtle would hide it's face behind her back. When she moved to show the turtle, it would move as well, keeping it's face hidden.
 
No matter what she did, it followed where she went. It was really impossible to snap a picture of it and in the end Jooyeon just abandoned the thought entirely.
 
Kai chuckled at Jooyeon's pouting face. "Disappointed, noona? Want me to read the turtle's mind?"
 
Jooyeon's face brightened significantly. "You can?" she asked in awe.
 
Kai laughed and ruffled her hair. "No." he admitted, and Jooyeon's face immediately fell. He smiled, his heart swelling with overwhelming affection and love for this girl in front of him.
 
"You're so cute, noona." Kai blurted before he knew what he was saying.
 
Jooyeon blinked and pinked slightly. "Aye you Lee guys." she grumbled, punching his arm playfully. She got distracted by another display with small colourful fishes and bounded off.
 
But not before Kai caught a small part of what she had been thinking seconds before. *Aye Taemin oppa says this sort of things all the time.* she had thought.
 
Kai flinched. Taemin occupied a bigger part of her mind than he had initially assumed, for her to think about his hyung even when on a date with him. But he knew it was how Taemin was like as well, and couldn't really blame his hyung about it. Because Taemin would just blurt out whatever he thought no matter what, unlike his rare accidental moment previously.
 
He shook his head of the thoughts and followed after Jooyeon. He was going to go against fate no matter what.
 
-----
 
Another guy was looking intently while Jooyeon and Kai were fooling around later in the mini pool that was put up initially for kids, but in the end attracted old "kids" like Jooyeon and Sehun, forcing the other two to join them as well.
 
He sighed and massaged his temples in a strangely emotional manner that wasn't his usual "BANANA MILKY!" attitude.
 
"I'm not worried that Kai'll take Jooyeon away from me. It's in the future, she'll be my soulmate." Taemin murmured. "But that doesn't mean I like seeing her so close with another guy, even though it's Kai..."
 
He shook his head and grumbled. "Aish Lee Taemin you're not making sense." he murmured. "How can you be jealous and not worried she'll be taken away at the same time? Ayeee...Banana milk. I need banana milk." Taemin shook his head.