COMPLICATED

COMPLICATED [ONESHOT]

The yellow-orange sun shone the city merrily in this spring morning. The wind blow softly, together with beautiful scent came from a flower on the window. The blue sky seemed smile to you as you gazed at it. These all were welcomed your happiness. Because this day, you would go to Seoul for the first time! Even just 6 days visiting South Korea, it was very enough for you.

At 3PM, you arrived at Seoul Airport and your friend right away waving a paper that had your name on it. You directly walked to her in a bit running. Minutes later, you went out from the airport. A luxurious black car appeared and stopped in front of you. The unseen window opened after Young-Jae waved her hand to someone inside of it. Suddenly, a man with his black hat visible on your sight and he smiled at you then. You smirked and chuckled. “Eli?”

You sat beside of Eli and Young-Jae sat backward alone. In the car, the atmosphere was really awkward. No one started to talk. It was not usual for you sitting beside of him, it’s been long time you didn’t meet him in reality. He stared at you; you immediately peek to another sight. Saw you like that, Eli chuckled. He realized that you were still awkward.

While you wanted to speak, Eli gave you and Young-Jae invitation cards; you and she received the card. “Tonight, you must go to this place with formal wear, okay? If no, I’ll kill you.” He joked.

~*~*~*~

Time passed so quickly, it’s time for you to go to Eli’s house. After you dressed yourself with a simple formal wear, you and Young-Jae hit the road. Soon as you came to the hall, a man with black and white formal wear was standing so gently, in addition smiling at you so handsomely that made your heart pounding really hard. He beckoned his hand to you to come, and you grabbed Young-Jae’s hand while approaching him.

Eli started to talk as you were about fifteen meters in front of him, “Hey, you look so wonderful tonight.” The song of Eric Clapton’s ‘Wonderful Tonight’ was played at that second. You smiled to notice that and your cheeks were become as red as tomatoes. Then, he introduced you and Young-Jae to his family.

At first, you were confused when Eli’s dad was saying, “Ah, so this is her.” And at last, his grand-mother turned you into question tag face after she said that you will be their next generation. What they have been thought of me...? You said to yourself. Eli called your name then, and you realized from your questionable think. Afterwards, he grabbed your hand so tightly and going to brought you up to the stage. You ceased him.

You whispered to his ear, “Eli, are you crazy? What are you doing?”

          “Trust me!” He answered with an alluring smile.

He wasn’t joking at all! You were pulled up to the stage by him. Audience eyes were to your sight, including Young-Jae and U-Kiss’s members. Their eyes were with shock sign. Besides, your face looked pale and hands were shaking instantly. While Eli was in front of a stand mike, you were behind of him; however he pulled you softly beside of him. You had no voice to speak and face was grey.

          “Good evening everyone!” Audience answered his greeting and Eli gave them a big grin. “Today is nice day, isn’t it? Since today is my lovely grandma’s birthday. She even come to Korea and celebrates her birthday with us today in her 65.The reason that’s my grandma in here is, I want to give her a special gift. A gift that she has been waited for so long time is...”

Your eyes were widened when he called your name, furthermore he unexpectedly holding your two palms and face-to-face with him. Gigantic surprised to see his stare towards you. It was like a sign of confessing you. Your body were trembling due to your heart was shockingly beat while he knelt and said, “Will you marry me?”

You heard your heart beat not normal. Exceedingly fast! A big question was on your mind. This was not a confession. This was asking for being his eternal woman. You hoped to God to help your bewildering condition and prayed that it wasn’t in a real life. Tried to close your eyes, nonetheless when you opened your eyes, you couldn’t escape from that place.

No responds from you made some of people’s mouth opened widely. You peeked at Young-Jae, but she shrugged. You stared at Eli’s fellows and they shouted loudly, “Accept it! Accept it!” You were closed your eyes again. Wished God helping you to open the right door, which is right with your future.

           “Yes, I... do!” that words came out from your mouth in uttered without thinking. Sincerely, your heart didn’t accept it, one hundred per cent. Yet, you didn’t know why your feeling was saying that you didn’t want to make your best friend disappoint.

Without expecting, he wore you a ring from a red tiny box which he put on his pocket jacket. You were so fluttered but felt that you just wanted to wake up if it’s only a dream or better die at that time. It was really complicated moreover it made your head sicken.

~*~*~*~

            “...Eli, how could you?! We even haven’t been a lover.” You finally can push the question after you and Eli at the garden of the hall.

            “Surprised?” He asked without doubt. “I confessed you on Valentine day! Ah, you didn’t remember it?”

            “Ah, that...” Honestly you weren’t serious to answer his confession. Though, you and he were just a friend, maybe mostly as a brother and sister. “You do this to me because you love me for sure, do you?”

            “Of course! I do love you, dear,” he answered with fondled your hair.

While you were going to hit him, Young-Jae approached you but stopped with a surprised emotion as she saw you were lovey dovey. You immediately walked forward. “Young-Jae, let’s go HOME!” You shouted and leaned your hand to her shoulder, but she responded nothing.

Afterwards Eli approached you. “The party is going to be ended soon. I will bring you to my house to have a dinner with us, okay?” said him and left the both of you.

            I was just nodding to answer his sentence.

            “I am not joining you guys, okay? I have to do my assignments,” said Young-Jae, sounds weak.

            “Don’t go! What can I do?” you shouted to her like a kid who gave up for nothing.

            “What’s up? I think he loves you so much. He made a surprise in front of his family, especially for his grand-mother. His family even come to Korea just want to see how their daughter-in-law looks like. Do you think he was unserious?” She sighed. “In addition, he is more kindhearted, caring, faithful, and even more handsome than your first love. I wish I could in your position!”

            “You become his fiancee then!” I snorted.

            “What? Me? He knows you more than me and I’m just a fan for him!”

            “And I am just a friend of him, Young-Jae! Moreover, I haven’t told my family. How? How? How?” Your voice sounded to cry.

Eli came before Young-Jae started to talk again.

            “Hwaiting!” Cheered Young-Jae to you; walked off and waved her hand.

Eli was approaching you. “Where is she going to?”

            “She has assignments, so she went back to home,” you answered back with shaky sound.

            “Ah.” Eli then looked at you in curious way. “Are you okay?”

            “Never mind,” You answered briefly and thankfully Eli immediately understood your feeling and walked over to Eli’s car.

~*~*~*~

At nine and a half, you finally got home. While you wanted to open the door car by yourself, Eli opened it first. You sent a smile for thanked him and planned to immediately walk in to Young-Jae’s flat without words, but he stopped you by his words.

            “Baby, please take care of yourself,” said Eli.

            “Hm? Did I hear some words wrong?” asked you in hating intonation.

            “You don’t want?” He put a confuse face.

            “Good night.” You shrugged and turned back, then walked forward the door.

Eli pulled your hand because he felt something pushed by your words that sounded unlike by calling it. He asked in tone of serious and faced at you, “Hey, are you angry with me?”

You chuckled. “Was it sounded like angry?”

You released his hand in delicate, opened the door and again, sent him a smile. “…Bye, honey?”

Besides, he pulled your hand again and gazed at your eyes deeply. As impulsive, your cheeks redden. However his eyes were rolling down to your pink lips with a fragrance of a bubble gum. Unexpectedly, his face was slowly and slowly getting closer to your face and at that moment, both of your lips met.

~*~*~*~

Few weeks later, after you went back to your own country, Eli paid a ticket for you to go back to Korea and lived in his home. Of course, not both of you who lived there, his mom and grandma were there. One day, you went to Young-Jae’s flat. As you met her, she was 180 degree different with her character before she met a couple weeks ago. She became icy and she always answered in short sentence. While Eli brought you to his favorite café, you always sitting quietly and sighing every minute to think about Young-Jae.

            “What’s wrong?” he asked, worries.

            “Nothing,” You shook your head.

As the coffee had put on the table by waitress, Eli right away drank the coffee. You were just looking at him and while he asked why you were looking at him with his special smile. Several words came out from your mouth.

            “…Eli, let us.” You patted. “Ended here.”

Thanks to you, his eyes widened in shock. No words came from him, at all!

           “Yeah, I’m crazy right now! However, I don’t know why I can’t accept your love until now, as a result of that we should… Err, let’s put off our marriage. There are many of girls who sincerely love you; it hurts for you if I keep lying to you that I really love you.”

He couldn’t declare any of words to response your sentence. He showed his anger but weakly face towards you for the first time you saw it. Like had no sin, you continue your words instead.

           “I keep trying to love you, but my heart never listen receive your love. Honestly, I have hurt and bothered you too much, so I’ll send your love to a person who truthfully loving you. Furthermore your love right now is to a wrong person.” You took the ring off that has been lingering on my ring man for a several weeks to his palm. Hard to detach because couldn’t bear to see his heart ripped over and over again. “…So far, I am really sorry.”

You stood up bravely, like a person who hadn’t a sin to him. Actually, your feelings were mixture. Hurt, shocked, relief. Still, he sat without words. Yet then, he grabbed your hand firmly while you were going to walk. You tried the tears to prevent forming however you felt your heart was scratched by a knife, therefore tears formed itself while you saw his face.

            “Do you remember that we promised that we’ll not kill our happiness until God repeal our souls?” he spoke in utter.

Afterwards, he stood up from his seat but his grip to you was getting weaker. In sudden, he was out of energy and dropped when he was ten centimeters in front of you. You straight away caught his body, his weight was so heavy but you didn’t care about it.

            “Eli, are you okay?” You shook his body to assure that he wasn’t acting. And you noticed one hundred percent that it was real. Eli fainted in sudden!

~*~*~*~

Who made him became like this? Those words kept repeating on your mind after you know the result of the reason that he fainted when you brought him to hospital.

Did he poison himself after you broke up with him? This unforeseen moment was created a frighten feeling for you. Moreover when the doctor told you, he was dropped because he was overdose. He even asking you if Eli is using drugs and 180 degrees you didn’t believe on that, consequently you answered he didn’t consume it. You trusted that he had never tried using drugs since before till now, Eli is not an evil at all.

            “Maybe, someone put a poison in his drink or meal,” explained the doctor and made your face getting red.

Getting red not because you were angry being blamed, but whether he said right, so you were the person who put the poison in his food minutes ago. Nevertheless, no way to declare that you were the one who put it, since you even didn’t know the aim you came to there.

After you thought it so far, someone was trying to find an affair because you were a girlfriend of celebrity. But that person was putting a poison in the cup of the wrong goal. You realized later to have feeling that someone was following you every time you moved to someplace, since you came out from Young-Jae’s flat. You felt greatly regretting to end your relationship at that torque.

You had contacted Eli’s friends and families about his existence, the results were all panic. At that moment, you were really anxious to tell his family. Extremely worried if they will blame on you.

After sighing in all minutes, you entered Eli’s room and you saw him lying on the bed with closing eyes and wore an infusion. Like a fool person, you were trying to hold his hand but you couldn’t, due to your relationship just ended today. You sighed again and only watching Eli’s pathetic face. Meanwhile, your eyes were filled with tears and starting to form.

In sudden, you saw a shadow was coming over you and you right away turning back. It turned out that Young-Jae was standing backwards of you. Knowing she was there, you immediately hugged her and crying on her shoulder.

“I made him like this,” You uttered and became weaker when you showing your weakness to her.

She kept caressing your back without words that made you felt something weird with her. Because recently she became cold to you, in unexpected a bad imagination came to your mind and exposed via your mouth in rough way.

You released your hug in rush. “…Young-Jae,” you called her name quite bellowed which made her uncomfortable. “Did you do this?”

Her face changed to somewhat in crumpled expression. “…What did you say?”

“Did you come to café and poisoned Eli?” asked you, without hesitation. Because you remembered that Young-Jae was having part-time job at some café, although you didn’t know where it is.

Her mad face was clearly shown with anxiety. “How dare you say that?!”

“Don’t lie!”

“Me? Lying? Are you crazy?” she shouted quite loud.

Suddenly, a knock sound sounded from the door and as the door was opened by you, Eli’s mom, his sisters, and his grandma were there. Eli’s mom hugged and telling you to be patient to this severe moment, but Young-Jae bowed to leave the room and left you instead. You suddenly wanted to release his mom’s hug; hence you had no right to be hugged by his family. Anymore.

Yet you were too complicated at that accident, afraid to get a mark from them that you were just playing around with an honest love of them.

~*~*~*~

Today, forth semester had ended with excellent results. You smiled happily to see it and hugged the paper tightly. In a while, rain were falling down without any of markings that it will be formed. You ran off to canteen, wondering if it was the right place to safe from the raindrops.

You sat on the chair to wait the rain had stopped. Because the rain hadn’t stopped yet, you your cell phone and opened your Twitter application in instinct. You didn’t know the reason either why did you open it, due to had never opened that account again before. And, someone was tweeting you so many and the tweets were mostly from your friend, Young-Jae. Since you changed the phone number, no foreigner friends contacted you.

Firstly, you read the old tweet without reading the recent one and you noticed later that the tweet was sent a year ago.

Hey, we are finally got married. Thank you for giving the chance to me for marrying him. You are the only precious friend I have.

You smiled in difficulty and then scrolling up the page.

Hello? Where are you? It’s been a month. Do you change your number? Maybe, are you still mad with me?

After reading it, you scrolled up the page again and again, but stopped when you saw the tweet of:

Hello? Not contacting you for a year, I missed you. And do you know, It’s been a year as I’ve became a wife for him. And look, we have a little princess.

Because internet and technology are often updating from year-to-year, without clicking the links, it shown up the photo. Then, you saw a little girl was smiling with their parents. With Asian eyes, black long hair, and had long American nose as same as her father who stood next to her, whose name is Eli. You were gulped and smiling in bitter plus your heart were cracked into two. Something was stuck on your heart.

Your tears were streaming down mutually with rain as it was dropping hardly. You recalled a pain moment of your life.

~*~*~*~

            Mom, I think, I can’t marry him right now, said you uttered.

            “…Why do you say? She asked in confuse.

            I can’t marry Eli. I repeated.

            Why? Your parents don’t let you marry him? I can do everything for persuade them to be married, okay?

            No, I want to be succeeded in my study and my work, and…”

            And?

You called Young-Jae who was behind of the wall and she heading us with shy or frighten feeling, you didn’t know. “She deserve to be his wife, not me.

            Young-Jae and Eli’s mom’s eyes getting bigger. You could see a fury eyes growing on her sight.

            Don’t play a joke with me!

            No, this is not trivial.

            No, wait! Are you the one who poisoned Eli so you beg her to have him?" She looked more furious to Young-Jae.

            No, Mom. Don’t blame on her!

            So, you play around my son?

            You knelt down in front of Eli’s mom when you saw her face was as red as fire.

            I’m sorry, Mom. But this is the only thing I can do. You uttered in frighten.

            Mom? You saw Eli’s body waking up from his sleep. With a pity face, he was seeing you kneeling to the ground. Who is she and kneeling down like that?

You gulped the saliva till the bottom of the organ of your body. You knew, you didn’t know what he was saying because he was using Korean. However seeing Young-Jae’s and his mom’s reaction, you felt something was attacked your body.

            “…Did Eli just say nugu to me? You mumbled.

Eli greeted Young-Jae with saying ‘annyeong’ and smiled after passing by her. It made his mom and yourself bewildering even more to saw that.

            You know her? asked his mom.

He nodded without hesitation. Isn’t she…” His incomplete sentence made the whole atmosphere became hot. A Kissme who I always see? He answered, believing that his conjecture was absolutely right. But in fact, he was totally right, because Young-Jae was one of an owner of a famous fanbase.

            Oh my, why I’m being so dull, by the way? He was asking to himself with scratching his head.

            You were as ever kneeling down in front of his mom and getting up after Eli told you to get up.

            Mom, please let this overseas fan to visit me! Look how struggle she came from far to see me! Your heart suddenly ached to hear his sentence. I am sorry if my Mom bothered you recent. But thanks a lot to visit me! He grinned.

            But anyway, from where are you?

His question made the whole people inside of the room stammered. Yet while his mom was going to speak, you hold her waist softly, then handed an asparagus soup that you cooked to him. Oh, I just want to give this for you, Eli oppa. Hopefully oppa get well soon!

He received the bowl that I brought from Eli’s home, and by accident he touched your hand in delicate. You were super trembling due to afraid if he would recognize who you are. But you hid it all with a smile and left the room, plus the entire of people in the room without a word of goodbye.

That day was the worse day ever.

That day was made your life like a hell.

Complicated infinite feelings were killing your merry day. Therefore, your tears were shredding too much.


FINALLY!
My ONESHOT has been updated so well, maybe my story is kind of mildew for you! Because I don't update this story last year.
I'm really sorry to make sucscribers waiting for my story for thousand days. Or, because of my ONESHOT is too long! I don't know why, it looks simple to make this story, however I realized later that this story is becoming long>.< In addition, school and another activities were interrupting my time to writing a story.

So far, ENJOY! I really hope that all readers love my story. Thank you for always being with me this all!