The Ring Master (Keyber)

Just Like A Circus

“I really don’t get your purpose,”

He stopped on his tracks and turned to look at her with a smirk and a raised eyebrow, his cane grazing the floor. Then, he chuckled to himself.

He was the ringmaster, the leader, the one who always starts the show. Without him, there wouldn’t even be a circus. He was in charge of everything and it’s his duty to always be there.

“Honestly, I don’t get my purpose too,”

She smiled an apologetic smile, a hint that she was sorry for even bringing up the topic and saying it in a not really nice way. He shook his head and smiled back, gesturing that he was okay with it and that he didn’t mind. They didn’t even need the words to understand each other. He took his top hat and bowed before he fixed his bowtie and proceeded to the center of the ring. With a shout of the introduction, the show started and carnies appeared out of nowhere, and with a wink he threw the top hat to her direction which she caught with ease.

She didn’t tell him that he was the only reason she came to circus, but he already knew anyway. And since then, he always looked for someone with a top hat in the crowd, knowing she was there watching him not wearing one.