The Acrobat (Taelli)

Just Like A Circus

Unicycles were his expertise, and people always got amazed at how he could manage to stand on them with one foot while he balanced bowling pins on one hand and rubber balls on the other. She was no exception.

“You’re going to fall, acrobat boy!”

He turned quickly to her direction at front row, her hands clasped and eyes with worry. She bit her lip and rose from her seat hoping he wouldn’t collide with the cold hard circus tent floor. His eyes connected with hers and everything came crashing down (and by everything, meaning himself and his props).

The audience laughed off the mistake, thinking it was some sort of scripted act that he was meant to do in order to create comedy. He sighed with relief and put on a smile as he stood up, climbed on top of his one-wheeled vehicle again and bowed at the now applauding audience. She, on the other hand, still got the worried look on her face as she noticed that a bit of his costume got messed up during the fall. With a slow walk to her figure, he bowed in a princely manner.

“I’m fine, don’t worry,”

“But you fell hard. It looked like it hurt,”

She was so sad for him and gosh his heart did leaps. Then with a look at a scratch on his arm, he realized that he did fall hard after all (maybe even for her).