Last angel

The Face of An Angel

Time flew by as Minhyun grew closer to J.R and the gang. He noticed that they were really fun to hang out with. Everything was finally going well! However he hadn’t noticed the sad glances a certain blonde-haired boy sent him. Ren was totally forgotten. It made him sad that the one he loved wasn’t even noticing him. Yes, Ren loves Minhyun. He had realized it fast. The fact that the time was coming didn’t help a thing either…

---

“Minhyun! Let’s go see this new action movie!” J.R had clung onto the latter’s back and just came up with more and more ideas about what they should do. He regretted it that he had bullied this fellow that he started to like more as a best friend. He was actually happy that he got beaten up.

Minhyun laughed as he hugged the other one. He was finally happy; it was as if his parents had sent him this guy to help him. Still he did feel emptiness inside his chest. He had forgot something, but what? He just couldn’t put his mind onto it as it drifted away.

“Sure. Shall we get going then?” He asked as they started walking towards the cinema.

---

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGOmkB7VAJM This song suits this part of the story well. Please listen to it and replay it until a --- comes.)

“Hey Minhyun.” J.R began. “I’m actually pretty happy that I apologized to you. I didn’t know you were this fun to hang out with.” A smile spread onto the said boys face.

“Thanks, you’re not as bad either.” he hit J.R’s arm playfully.

“Listen. I have been wondering… That little guy that beat me up that day, where is he now? I haven’t seen him in weeks! I should really thank him.” the older one said as he played with his sodas straw.

“Little guy?” Minhyun looked at him weirdly, eyebrows furrowed. Who was he talking about? He didn’t know any ‘little guys’. Then it hit him. Ren.

“Dude, I have to go now. I’ll see you later.” Minhyun stood up and started running, leaving J.R looking after him dumfounded and shocked.

“Aish. I should have confessed my feelings earlier…” J.R palmed his face as he fought the tears that were going run down at any moment. A sigh escaped his lips as he stood up and left.

---

Minhyun kept on running and running. How in the world could he forget about the person he cared the most, the one who showered him with love and care, the one who he learned to love?

He ran and ran until he dumped into someone. “Minhyun?”

“Hyungs! Have you seen Ren?!” Minhyun asked, panicking.

“Ren? Who’s that?” Baekho asked, looking at Aron with a questioning look. The other one just struggled as an answer. Aron was a new at their school, yet he had become a member of the gang in just a few days.

“Wait. You don’t remember him?” Minhyun asked with big, round eyes. The two other just shook their heads. “That blonde guy that beat you up?” Baekho snapped his fingers.

“That guy! No, where has he been anyway?” Aron looked like a big question-mark.

“So you haven’t seen him either?” Minhyun asked as he grabbed the collar of Baekho’s shirt. The latter shook his head. Minhyun let go of him as he started running again. Tears were wetting his cheeks. He kept on running and running, showing no signs of stopping. It had started raining, mixing his tears with the fresh raindrops.

He ran to the school, and up for the stairs. He was soaking wet, his clothes weighed like a ton, yet he continued running. He slammed the last door open, giving himself a chance to catch his breath. He had found his way to the rooftop. He saw a small figure curled up into a ball, blonde hair dancing in the wind.

“Ren!” he screamed. The figure looked up. “Minhyun…” Ren’s face was stained with tears, and he was soaking wet. The said boy ran up to him and hugged him tight.

“Ren! Oh god! Why are you crying? Do you have any idea how worried you made me?!” Minhyun said as he rocked the other back and forth. Ren just sat there frozen, tears running down on his cheeks.

“W-what are you talking about?” he whispered.

“I was so worried about you! Why didn’t you say anything?!” Minhyun raised his voice, making the other one flinch.

“I-I thought it would be easier this way…” he looked down. The tears didn’t stop rolling down how hard he tried.

“What are you talking about? What would be easier this way?” Minhyun was panicking. What the heck did he do in the rain, crying his eyes out? And what did he mean by that sentence?

“M-my mission here is done. I-I’ll be going back to h-heaven…” Ren stuttered as he sniffed every once in a while.

Minhyun froze. *No way…* he thought. It couldn’t be possible. He just had figured out his feelings for the other one and now he was going to leave his side?

“N-no… No! Don’t be kidding me! You can’t leave me!” he screamed as he pulled the other one even closer, breathing in his scent that was mixed with the rain. Ren the latter’s back comforting, but inside he was as sad as well. He didn’t want to do it, but he had to. It was the rules of being a fallen angel. Even thought the angels that had the control of everything in heaven had promised him that he would get back to heaven if he wanted to, he still didn’t feel happy. It was his dream to be taken back inside the golden gates that kept all evil outside but now he just didn’t know what to do. He just wanted to stay but it was against the rules. An angel and a human can’t be together.

“Minhyun. Look at me.” Ren lifted his head up by his chin. They looked at each other straight into the eyes. “I have to do what I have to do. I’m sorry…” his breath tickled as it hit the others face. Ren leaned his face closer until their noses were touching. “Saranghe.” he closed his eyes as he closed the gap between them.

Minhyun’s eyes were big and round. Slowly, he relaxed into the kiss and kissed back. It felt right to be there right at that second. Even thought it was just a short, little kiss, it felt as if it was the sweetest and purest thing in the world.

Suddenly a bright light came through the dark clouds. They both looked up. Ren was smiling a sad smile as more tears rolled down on his cheeks. “It’s time.” was enough to explain what was going to happen next. The angel stood up as he spread his pearly white wings into the air and took a step closer to the edge. He turned around and smiled at Minhyun.

“I’m going to miss you.”

The other one stood up fast. He ran to the blond and hugged him tight.

“Please don’t go.” he sobbed. Ren’s hands sneaked around the brunette and held him closer. “I don’t want to go on without you!” Minhyun clung onto the angel’s chest, listening to his heartbeat.

“I know.” Ren whispered as he rested his head on the other ones. The rain didn’t stop.

“Choi Minki also known as Ren.” A voice called. “It is your time to return to heaven’s kingdom.”

“Yes.” The said boy nodded as he let go of the other one.

“No! I refuse to let him go!” Minhyun help him tighter.

“My son, do you know what you are doing?” the voice asked.

“Minhyun, you will be fine. Trust me.” Ren tried to smile, even thought his heart was ripping in many, many pieces inside his chest.

“I know what I’m doing! I want Ren to stay with me on earth! Please! I’m begging you!” Minhyun fell on his knees, still holding onto the other one.

“Why do you want him to stay?” the voice asked again.

“I love him! He taught me that I don’t have to be depressed, that even I may have fun. He showed me what it feels to be cared and loved. I won’t let him leave my side as I let my parents.” Minhyun screamed as tears rolled more and more.

“Minhyun…” Ren whispered. He did know what the other one had gone through, yet he never could feel as much pain as he could. Minhyun was stronger than he knew, yet he just kept on wishing to be stronger, just to bee able to be accepted.

“Please.” he begged again.

The voice let out a sigh. “My son. I can see that you are speaking straight from your heart. You didn’t lie at any part. Actually I have been thinking about letting Ren be your guardian angel. But only if Ren himself agrees with you.”

The two’s faces lift up. A big smile spread on Ren’s face.

“Please sir! I agree with your suggestion. I won’t let you down!” he bowed like there was no tomorrow. Minhyun stood up and bowed too.

“Thank you so much, sir.”

“Ren, you know what you have to do now. Don’t screw up again. I’m trusting you.” the voice said until it disappeared with the light.

“Kyaah!” Ren squealed as he jumped into Minhyun’s arms. “Finally we may be together!”

“Ren.” Minhyun said as he looked straight into the other one’s eyes.

“Yes?”

“I love you.” he leaned in to kiss his lover.

---

“Minhyun!” J.R came running to the two. “Where have you really been?!”

Minhyun changed glances with Ren. “I actually confessed to Ren and now we are together.”

J.R froze. “O-oh. Congratulations.” he said, trying to smile.

“Thank you hyung.” Ren said smiling sweetly.

“We’ll go on a date now. See you later!” Minhyun said as the couple walked away.

J.R stood there, fighting the tears. He couldn’t take his eyes of the two who were talking happily, holding hands.

“Dude you’re okay?” Aron asked as he and Baekho stood on both of J.R’s sides.

“Yeah. I kinda saw this coming…” J.R smiled as a tear rolled down on his cheek. He wiped it fast away. “Let’s go eat some ramen! I’ll pay!” he left running to the restaurant.

“You’re on!” Baekho started running after him. Aron laughed playfully as he too started running.

---

“Yah Ren.” Minhyun began. “What did he mean by screwing up again?” They were lying on the soft, green grass in each other’s arms.

“Oh that. I was a fallen angel earlier but now that I completed my mission I became your guardian angel.” Ren said as he played with the brunette’s hair.

“Oh.” was all that Minhyun could say.

“And you know what? When I was still a fallen angel I couldn’t feel anything. Okay yeah I could feel things like happiness and love but I couldn’t feel any touch on my body.” Ren explained.

“Wait. So you couldn’t feel my kisses?” the other one asked, shocked. The blonde just nodded with a smile on his face.

“But now I can. Like this one.” He said as he pressed his soft lips on Minhyun’s.

-The end-

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I'm done! Thank you so much for reading my story! I hope it didn't disturb you so much that there were some short chapters and some misspelling. Especially thank you to loveghost  who was my reader from the beginning and had always commented. Now it's my time to say goodbye to you. I still will continue with my other fics "I wanna start over"  and "Our love is true". Also I will start new fics once I have wrote more to my old ones. Thank you once again, this was your author iheartchicken! ^^ <3