Memories Of Happiness And Loneliness

Lost Memory

"Joon Hyung..." Mir kept watching the video, he couldn't look away from Joon.

How....

"Mir-ah, I'll be right back, I have to go get something for dinner, stay here." Joon on the video checked his watch, he bent over and pressed something. The television screen went black, the video was over.

"How can this be? Mir was frozen, he couldn't move, he just stared at the black television screen.

"How is it possible? I was so young, this had to have been around twelve years ago... yet Hyung..." A tear slowly slide down Mir's cheek.

"Hyung is... the same..." More tears followed the other.

"Hyung is the same... How? This is twelve years ago, and Hyung looks the same, he is no different then he is right now, the same age, the same look... everything..."

Joon walked out of the kitchen, he sat down next to Mir.

"Hyung, tell me..." Mir didn't even look at Joon.

"Have you remembered?" Joon didn't answer. Mir nodded his reply.

"Then tell me... tell me everything you remember."

 

"Mother... Father... Why did you leave me?" Young Mir was crying next to his parents graves.

"I'm alone..." Mir tried to stop his tears, but it was useless.

"Are you Bang Cheolyong?" An older man walked up to Mir.

"Yes... Who are you?"

"My name is Lee Changsun, I am a friend of your parents. I'm sorry about your parents." Changsun looked down at the graves.

"I'm alone now... Their not coming back..."

"No you not, I'm here with you. I'll never leave you, never. I will stay with you forever, I promise." Changsun hugged Mir.

"Really?" Mir was still crying, but he felt a little better because of Changsun.

"Yes, I will never leave you." Changsun smiled at Mir.

"Let's go, we can go to my house." Changsun walked away, Mir followed him after looking back at his parents' graves one more time.

 

"This is your house? It's really nice." Mir loved the inside of the house.

"Are you hungry?" Changsun asked as he locked the door to his house.

"Yes."

"Alright, I'll make something for us both to eat." Changsun walked towards the kitchen in his house.

"Thanks Changsun Hyung."

"Oh, you can call me Joon." Changsun said before walking in the kitchen.

 

"Now, do you remember the day we recorded this video tape?" Joon asked once Mir was finished telling the story of his past. Mir nodded and continued to tell the story. Joon's house was the house that Mir found the video tape in.

 

"Mir-ah, I'll be right back, I have to go get something for dinner, stay here." Joon checked his watch, he turned off the recorder and stood up from the floor.

"Be right back Mir-ah." Joon waved to young Mir before leaving the house.

 

Mir was sitting on the sofa, hours have past since Joon left. Mir was starting to get terrified, he was hugging his knees and had his head on his knees, he was crying.

"Hyung, where are you?" Mir cried loudly.

"You have been gone so long...  I thought you promised me you would never leave me, four years ago, you promised me at my parents' graves you would not leave me!" Mir screamed.

"But your not here..." Mir got off the sofa and walked outside, it was raining but he sat down on the ground outside.

 

Hours have past and Mir was still sitting outside waiting for Joon.


"Where did you go?" It started to rain hard, but Mir didn't care, he just wanted to see Joon again.

"Are you coming back? Don't worry, I'll be fine. I can take care of myself." Mir smiled, but the rain hid away the tears that were falling down his cheeks.

"I'll wait for you, no matter how long it takes. I'll be here waiting... waiting for you." He stood up, still smiling he looked around outside for the person, but he saw no one.

 

A few days past, and still it continued to rain. Mir was at a park, he was sitting on a swing and staring at the ground while crying.

"Did you forget me?..... I'm still here... You are coming back, right?"

"Your not coming back are you?... Why did you leave me?" Mir screamed loudly, but the rain drowned out the scream.

"I'm all alone..."

"I don't want to be alone..."

"Not again..."

 

Joon smiled at Mir.

"I'm so happy you finally remember."

"I told you didn't I, Mir-ah? 'You can never completely forget a memory, cause even if you do, something in someway will remind you. No matter how good or bad the memory, no matter who or what it is that reminds you, you will never forget.'. I told you that if you forgot me, I would find a way to remind you of me. And I did."

"How could I have forgotten you?" Mir was still in shock.

"That was all twelve years ago, you were scared and just wanted someone by your side. When you met Thunder-ah, you told him of me many times, showed him pictures of me and you together, but since you were no longer lonely, you forgot me and everything we did together. Thunder-ah forgot everything you showed him of me."

"Hyung... What happened that day?... The day you disappeared..." Mir finally looked at Joon.

 

--------------------

Next chapter is the ending. ^^