Chapter 1

The Case

 

Chapter 1:

 

“You won’t believe it!” Boa yelled in Yuuki’s face. Oh she’s so lucky that her and Yuuki are friends or else Yuuki would’ve used her reflexes on her.

 

“Kangta’s gay?!” Yuuki joked. That’s what always gets her to clam down. When yuuki says something about her namja-chingu.

 

“I wouldn’t be surprise.” Boa played along. That’s Kwon Boa for you. A rich kid but not spoiled. Her and Yuuki has been friends for about 3 years. She’s one of those people Yuuki can actually call a “friend”.

 

“So why were you so psyched about?” Yuuki asked before Boa forgets. She has a short term memory by the way.

 

“Oh right. 4 HOT guys.” Even though Boa already has Kangta, she always looks at boys. But its not for her though. Its for Yuuki.

 

“Oh come on! Boa, we’ve been friends for 3—almost 4—years and you know I don’t have time for that. And you, instead of trying to be my cupid, why don’t you focus on your career after college? We only have 2 days left and everything in our lives changes.” This kind of lectures always quiets Boa. She already knows Yuuki is very sincere.

 

“Okay. Okay. But one of them gave me his phone number so…” Boa smiled.

 

“Come on. Free period is over.” They headed over to their next class. Yuuki’s favorite class. Law.

 

[A/N: I have no idea if such there is such course as law.XD]

 

Yuuki will be graduating with a degree in law. The professor was Choi DongWook. Most students that argue with him ends up being awed by his countering skills.

 

When they were through the doors of the room, Yuuki stopped.

 

“OMO!!! It’s those boys.” Boa shrieked.

 

But Yuuki just stood there. She recognizes them; well 3 out of 4 anyways.

 

When the boys turned around from facing the professor to Yuuki and Boa, one of them approached them.

 

“Hey Cutie~” he said to Boa.

 

“Annyeong. Nice to see you again. This is my gajang chinhan chingu, Yuuki.” Boa introduced.

 

“Yuuki huh? Nice to meet you Yuuki. Im Hyukjae.” He held out his hand, but unfortunately, Yuuki ignored it.

“Do you think I got some kind of amnesia, Anchovy?” Yuuki said it with no trace of humor in her voice. Lee Hyukjae. Also known as Eunhyuk by our unit. He was in Yuuki’s old team.

 

“Ahh… Our little Yuuki changed so much after…….” He stopped himself before he could regret something.

 

“You guys are….. Well, Yuuki, I’ll just go. Kangta’s calling me. Nice to meet you again Hyukjae.” Yup. Boa knew about Yuuki’s past. And she was nice enough not to interfere.

 

“Let’s talk outside.” Eunhyuk grabbed her arm and dragged her. The other 3 followed behind.

 

They ended up in the school outside parking lot.

 

“What do you guys want?” Yuuki was staring at the four of them.

 

“We need you back Yuuki.” One of them spoke.

 

“After 3 years? Why exactly Yunho?” she stared at him. Jung Yunho. AKA U-Know Yunho. By today, she still doesn’t know why Yunho wants to be called that.

 

“………….” The 4 of them stayed silent.

 

“And now, you have nothing to say. Don’t waste my time. I’m done with my old life. This is a new Yuuki you guys are talking to.” She turned her back on them and started walking back.

 

“So you give up after your partner dies? And I thought you were the officer who didn’t let feeling get the best of her?!” The one Yuuki doesn’t recognize spoke up.

 

Yuuki stopped walking. “And who are exactly to be talking to me like that?!” She turned around and faced the guy.

 

“Choi Seunghyun imnida. You may not know about me Yuuki-ssi but I know about you. Im the new addition to your or was your team.” He didn’t sound scared or anything.

 

“Well Seunghyun.” Yuuki ran to him and twisted his left arm using her right hand and blocked his right arm using her left. She held him against the car. “You have no business on talking about someone else’ past. The only past, future, or present you should linger with is yours!”

 

Seunghyun couldn’t move. His hands were locked by Yuuki and his legs too after he tried to get out.

 

“Still got the skills huh?!” The last one spoke.

 

“Kyu, You know me. I never forget a skill. Never!!!” Finally she let go of Seunhyun.

 

“Come on Yuuki. We need you back in our department.” Eunhyuk begged.

 

“What exactly has been going on?” Yuuki sounded interested but her expression didn’t change a bit.

 

“We have that ‘Case’ again. It reopened 3 weeks ago.” Yunho explained.

 

“Wait. ‘The Case’?!” Yuuki was caught off guard by the mention of the case they were working on 3 years ago.

 

“We can’t release any more information to an outsider.” Kyuhyun’s cruel self said.

 

“Unless you come back, you will receive no more information.” The Seunghyun guy is really getting on Yuuki’s last nerve.

 

“Okay. So you can leave now. I have to go back to class.” She turned around and walked towards the university.

 

“Think it over! We’ll be at your graduation ceremony by the way.” Yunho yelled.

 

Yuuki kept walking. When she was in class, she couldn’t even concentrate. She had to count on Boa or Kangta nudging her once in a while.

 

After class, Yuuki along with Boa and kangta went to the cafeteria. After, they didn’t have any more classes.

 

“Yuuki are you okay?” Kangta asked, noticing that Yuuki was staring at space.

“Im fine. It’s just… remember what I told you two about my past?! Well, the past is catching up to me. Actually they did catch up to me. It’s trying to me back in.”

 

“If you want to, you can. Me and Kangta are fine with it.” And that’s why she loved being friends with this two.

 

“Just promise us you’ll be careful.” Kangta added.

 

“I’m not sure yet. I’ll think it over tonight.” Yuuki smiled to the both of them.

 

“Speaking of tonight, let’s have a little celebration! We don’t have lectures tomorrow anyways.” That’s another thing about Boa, she loved to party.

 

“I can get the snacks. And any other food you want.” Yuuki volunteered.

 

“I can help!” Kangta said.

 

“And I’ll get the house ready! I have to search my stuff for good music.” Boa said.

 

They split up. Yuuki and Kangta went to the grocery store to buy the food. It took a while. They got done by 6:30. An hour and a half.

 

When they got to their front yard, they saw a lot of people. There were also police cars and an ambulance.

 

“What the hell?!” Yuuki cursed.

 

“Get out of our way! This is our house.” Kangta started pushing people out of the way. He made sure he was holding Yuuki to make sure they wouldn’t be split up.

 

When they finally got to the front, they saw two officers carrying a gurney with a white sheet over it. Something was being cover by the sheet. And as Yuuki knows, it’s a body.

 

“I heard it’s Boa. You know, that rich but nice girl that goes to our school?!” Yuuki and Kangta heard someone say from the crowd.

 

As soon as they heard that, they both ran to the body.

 

Kangta started to uncover the body slowly. And when it was full uncover, it reveled the cold and pale dead body of their friend.

 

“NO!!! NO!!! NO!!!” Kangta cried, screamed, and hugged the dead body.

 

Yuuki just stood there. Tears slowly escaped her eyes. She stared at the dead body of her best friend; who was always there for her. And now, gone.

 

Finally, Yuuki started to scream “Boa! Come on, please wake up. You need to. Come on. Your making your best friend and boy friend cry. You don’t like it when we cry right?! BOA! WAKE UP!!!”

 

“Kim Yuuki. Ahn ChilHyun. You have been invited to the station. Please come with us.” An officer spoke to them.

 

They both obeyed. It was hard for Kangta to move but he did so.

 

They rode in the cruiser silently. The only sound heard was sniffing. After 45 minutes, they arrived.

 

They followed the officer to his office.

 

He asked them a series of questions. Basic questions like name, age, address, occupation and not so basic questions like where you were when the crime happened, do you have any evidence that can lead us to know you didn’t commit the crime and all the other kinds of questions.

 

“So were suspects now?” Yuuki asked, half caring and half not.

 

“Sorry Yuuki, but you know why we have to do this. The victim was fairly closed to the both of you. You two are our only hope to finding the real culprit.” He explained.

 

“But were being interviewed as the culprits?! Huh, Doojoon! You know what? Forget it. But answer this one, what the hell happened?” this time, Yuuki is serious.

 

“Murder. Im sorry but that’s all I can give you.” Doojoon answered.

 

“Why? Cause we’re suspects? You think her best friend and boy friend killed her?!” Kangta finally spoke.

 

“Considering if what you told me, you have nothing to worry about. Your alibi is strong.” Doojoon said.

 

“Now, you two may go. Everything is cleared. Obviously you aren’t the suspects were looking for. Thank you for your time and condolence.” Doojoon stood up and so did Yuuki and Kangta.

 

“By the way Yuuki, I heard. Did you decide if you want to come back yet?”

 

______________________________________________

First chapter ^^

I was actually planning to update after I posted the story but I felt lazy -__-

So did you guys like it?

Thank you for subscribing by the way :))