I'm a man!

I'm a man!

 

“STOP IT! I’m tired of this!” Sungmin threw down his chopsticks and got up. The members looked surprised at him.

“Sungmin ah, what-”

“Stop it! I’m a man, got it? I wanna be seen as masculine and not as an easy target! I can do material arts, I know how to beat people up and I can do it if I want! Stop seeing me as a cute dongsaeng when I’m older than the half of you! Just…” He clenched his fists, “just stop it, okay?!” The members were dumbfounded. What had just happened to the guy?

“Sungmin, why are you-” Sungmin was already leaving the kitchen.

“I’m going out. I’ll be back in time for our schedule tomorrow,” he grabbed some random jacket in the entrance and pulled it on.

 

Outside it was storming. It rained and within a few seconds, Sungmin was soaked wet and cold because of the win and rain.

“ my life,” Sungmin mumbled and kicked a stone.

Normally, he wouldn’t talk like that, nor would he dare to leave the dorm in this kind of weather. He had just gotten enough. Kyuhyun had been teasing him and pranking him the whole afternoon and at the dinner, the members had with how cute he seemed to be and how girly he was. He never wanted things to be like that! It wasn’t his fault that he had a pretty face, was it? It wasn’t his fault that his favorite color – pink – was a girly color! And wasn’t it okay for girls to like ‘boy colors’ as blue and green? Why couldn’t he like pink and still look like a man as he obviously was? Huh?!

He kicked another stone and looked around. He had already been wandering around for a while and had calmed a bit down. Now he just needed to be warm again, ‘cause he was started freezing. He checked his pockets in the jacket and found – to his luck – a purse. He opened it and soon realized that he had taken no other, than Siwon’s jacket. He smiled a bit.

It looked like Siwon was paying tonight, huh?

 

Mia was working at Starbucks. It was only around dinnertime but there were no customers! And because of that, she was working all alone. Her colleague was fixing some computer-work at the office since everything seemed to be quiet.

Mia had just taken a sip of her hot chocolate when the door opened and a very wet customer entered. She put down her cup and fixed her shirt. She had to look serious, right?

The customer looked carefully around and when he had concluded that the only person beside himself were Mia, he went to her.

When she saw his face, her eyes widened in obviously disbelief. He bowed his head.

“Annyeonghaseyo,” he greeted with a tiny smile. She bowed her head too.

“A-anny-annyeong…” she took a deep breathe, “annyeonghaseyo. Welcome to Starbucks. What can I do for you?” Sungmin sat down at the chair in front of the desk.

“A piece of marble pound cake and a grande caramel macchiato,” he said with a smile. Screw being on a diet. He had been craving for this for weeks. Mia nodded.

“A-anything else?” she asked, a bit nervous. She was a really big fan of Super Junior and had always liked Sungmin the most. Sungmin shook his head.

“No… or,” he hesitated, “you… you seem to know who I am, is that correct?” Mia nodded and sank.

“Lee Sungmin. I-it’s nice to see you in person,” she bowed her head and Sungmin chuckled; the sadness was still to be seen though. Mia noticed but wasn’t sure if she should ask him.

“Thank you. I will really appreciate if you don’t tell anybody that I’m here,” he said. Mia nodded.

“O-of course. I won’t tell,” she said. He smiled.

“Thank you,” he looked at her nametag, “Mia-ssi.”

 

Sungmin stayed at Starbucks for hours and were still there when it was time for Mia’s shift to end. As she had changed her clothes she went to him. A co-worker was going to work for the night and luckily, it was an older woman who didn’t knew anything about idol-groups. But since Sungmin looked very sad, Mia was concerned for him.

“I’m sorry, Sungmin-ssi?” she said and made Sungmin look up from the empty cup of hot chocolate he just had been drinking.

“Neh?” he said, “you… you aren’t closing, aren’t you?” Mia shook her head.

“No. We’re a 24-Hour Service,“ she smiled a bit, “but… are you okay? You don’t seem to happy right now…” Sungmin send her a smile. Through the night the two of them had talked a bit. He had asked her about how things worked a place like this and such, but not more.

“I’m thinking,” he answered, “but you don’t need to worry about it…” Mia nodded and sat down on the chair in front of him.

“Is it something with the members?” she asked, regretting it right away. God dammit.

“I’m sorry for asking!” she hurried to say, “you don’t have to answer that!” Sungmin smiled a bit. She seemed like a sweet person, didn’t she? One you could trust with your life. It wasn’t because he knew her, but it was just something he felt after talking to her and seeing her work.

“It’s okay,” he said, “and yes. Please don’t tell anyone,” he bit his lip. Mia tilted her head.

“You don’t wanna go home tonight, do you?“ she asked. Sungmin looked surprised at her.

How did she know?

“I… not really,” he said, “but it’s okay. I’ll just…”

“You can sleep at my place!” Mia busted out and then held a hand for . She took a deep breath, “i-if… if you w-want, I mean…”

 

Surprisingly, Sungmin said yes. Mia was really fluttered all the way home and didn’t know what to do.

She also felt safe. She didn’t live long away from Starbucks but lately, there had been some attacks in her neighborhood, so she wasn’t happy to return alone when it was that late.

When they entered her apartment, the first embarrassing thing happened.

She couldn’t turn on the light.

She had forgotten to pay the electricity bills again. Had she been alone, it wouldn’t bother her at all, but she had a hallyu star with home for God’s sake!

“I… can you wait here for a minute?” she asked Sungmin, “I… the light don’t work at the time, I’m sorry I forgot… I’ll get some candles…” Sungmin smiled and nodded, even though he wasn’t sure that she could see it.

“I’ll wait here,” he said and kicked of his shoes and removed the wet jacket. Mia hurried to the living room, almost fell over a chair and ran into a lamp before she found the candles and a lighter. She went back to Sungmin and bowed in apology.

“I’m sorry…” she said again. Sungmin shook his head.

“Don’t be. It’s okay,” he said and took a candle from her hand.

The two of them went to the living room, and even though they both were a bit tired, Mia found some cups and warmed some water to hot chocolate. They sat down in her little couch with a blanket each, the candles standing on a chair beside the couch and with a cup of hot chocolate.

“C-can I trust you?” Sungmin asked to break the awkward silence, “I know… I know that we just met and such, but…” Mia nodded. Of course he could trust her.

“You can,” she said and smiled a bit, not sure if he saw. He did and smiled back.

“I… thanks,” he said, “I know… it seems a bit weird, huh? We just met and you could be some crazy fangirl that would never let me go and…” You chuckled.

“Fangirl, yes. Never let you go? Even though it sounds tempting, I won’t do that.” Sungmin chuckled too.

“Thanks… and… and thanks for being my fan too,” he said. Mia smiled.

“You’re welcome.”

 

Sungmin ended up telling Mia what had happened between him and the members earlier and what had been nagging him for a while. He also asked her if he really did seem like a cute and fragile guy in everybody else eyes. Mia shook her head to that.

“No! I mean…” she smiled a bit, “no doubt. You’re… you’re really cute and such, but you’re also handsome and… and when I think of you, I always think on material arts too. I’ve seen you do it on TV a couple of times, and it…” she bit her lip and Sungmin got happy.

Fans didn’t only see him as a cute guy. He was handsome too.

“You’re also y!” Mia blurted out and then held her free hand against . Did she just say that?! She had been thinking it, yes, but… oh no…

“I… thank you!” Sungmin smiled even more now. That was another thing he wanted to hear. He hadn’t been practicing and showing y-dances for nothing. Always after he had done it on shows, the members had told him that he just looked cute doing it.

 

Sungmin came tosleep on the couch. Mia had asked him when he had to be at a schedule and she had promised him to wake him up in time, after only three hours of sleep, Mia’s phone ringed and she got up and went to the living room to wake him up. It was 7am.

“M-Mia-ssi?” Sungmin said sleepy as he saw her and sat up, “I…” he yawned, “I thought it was a dream~” Mia smiled and shook her head.

“It wasn’t. Good morning,“ she smiled, “I’ll make some rice. Is it okay?” Sungmin nodded.

“It…” he yawned again, “it is… th-thank you so much!” Mia smiled.

“No problem…” she went to the kitchen and Sungmin found his phone from his pocket. Luckily it had survived the rain yesterday and as he checked it, he saw 104 missed calls and 77 messages from s. Why were they like that? Was it because they didn’t think he would be able to handle himself?! He locked annoyed the phone without calling them back and hid it back in his pocket. Then he got up and went to the kitchen.

“Mia-ssi? Do you know the fastest way to the KBS-building?” he asked and surprised her. She turned around.

“I… Gosh you… Yes, I do,” she said, “I can take you there after breakfast? I have a day off anyways,” she smiled and Sungmin looked grateful at her. Not only did she listen to him, she also let him stay, made him breakfast and offered to follow him to work. Was it because she was his fan? Or was it something sincere?

“Thank you… and yes,” he answered, “it would be nice. I don’t know how to thank you for all this,” he said and Mia shook her head.

“No need to. It’s my pleasure,” she said, “I get to spend some time with you. It’s… it’s unbelievable!” Sungmin smiled.

“I’m still grateful. If there is anything I can do for you…” Mia smiled to him.

“Then I have to get your number,” she said and Sungmin nodded, not even hesitantly.

“Of course! And I’ll get yours too!” he said cheerfully, making her a bit surprised. She had just said it jokingly… why did people always mistake her when she did that? Oh well~

 

Sungmin lent a facemask and a hat from Mia when before they went out in public together. They had to take the bus to the KBS-building and even though it was quite early in the morning, many people had to go to work. Luckily, no one really noticed that they took the same bus as Super Junior’s Lee Sungmin so everything went smooth all the way. As they got of, they saw two big black vans drive pass them and Mia looked at Sungmin.

“Is that…” Sungmin nodded and bit his lip under the facemask.

“Yeah… I’m getting troubles now,” he said, “you don’t have to come…” Mia shook her head.

“If I’m allowed to, I wanna come… I wanna see how you’re filming and such,” she said and send him an eye-smile. She had those very tiny eyes but it looked really cute to her, especially when she smiled. Sungmin blushed and nodded. Good for him that she couldn’t look through the facemask, huh?

“Then come… but I warn you,” he saw the vans stop not long away, “the members will ask a lot and maybe scold me… hopefully, they didn’t tell the managers…” That was something that scared him a bit. Their managers could be a bit harsh when it came to those things… They went to the vans as the door opened and out came all of the members. When they saw Sungmin and Mia, they recognized their member right away and attacked him with hugs.

“Lee Sungmin, if you EVER do that again…!” Leeteuk scolded and hit his dongsaeng as he hugged him.

“Air… can’t breathe,” Sungmin said and pushed the leader and the other members away. Beside them stood Mia, totally dumbfounded. She finally realized that this was Super Junior, and Super Junior’s Lee Sungmin had slept on her couch.

Lee Sungmin had slept on her couch!

“Where have you been?! Do you know how worried I was?!” Shindong scolded as the next. Sungmin looked at him.

“I’m sorry hyung,” he said, “I was…”

“With your girlfriend?” Eunhyuk said as he saw Mia, “Min, why didn’t you tell us that…”

“I’m not his girlfriend!” Mia said, “just… just some stranger!” Even in her ears it sounded like a stupid lie. But even then, it was true. She was just some stranger.

“Some stranger? Min slept at your place, didn’t he?” Eunhyuk asked confidently. Mia bit her lip and nodded.

“He… he did,” she said. Eunhyuk looked at Sungmin.
“Why didn’t you tell us?” Sungmin scowled.

“If you don’t remember, I was pretty pissed last night,” he said, “and she is right. She is a stranger and she isn’t my girlfriend…” he send her a tiny smile, “she just listened to me…”

 

Mia wasn’t lucky enough to get permission to enter the KBS building with the Super Junior members so Sungmin bid her goodbye. He told her that he would call her later and she believed him.

 

The following weeks, Sungmin often texted Mia between his schedules and slowly grew feelings for her. She was just such a person you couldn’t avoid liking, just a little bit. Shindong and his fiancée Nari once joined him as he visited Mia at Starbucks and they both later told Sungmin that they agreed. She was a loveable person, no doubt.

“Min, man up,” Shindong said one night when Sungmin had been spacing out several times after replying a text, “you really like her. Ask her out instead of just hiding it!”  Sungmin looked at his hyung, blushing.

“I’m not-”

“In love? Min, I can see you are,” Shindong smiled, “and nothing is wrong with that. Plus, didn’t you want to prove to us that you are a man? Show us by asking her out~” Shindong knew that it was what needed to make Sungmin do it. Since that day, Sungmin had done everything to prove that he was more than just a cutie…

“How can I do it hyung? What will make it perfect?” Sungmin wasn’t really good at this dating-thing. Sure, he had had a lot of girl friends when he was younger and he had also dated a few but never really been in love with any of them.

“You, Sungmin. If you like her then show her you,” Shindong said, “don’t hide your personality. Play her a song on the guitar or something, that will do it.” Sungmin smiled to his hyung. This was why he saw Shindong as one of his closest friends. The guy always knew what to say.

 

Mia was having another day of so she had decided to use the day on drawing. Lately she’d been obsessed with drawing people and today she’d challenged Sungmin. The thing was, she hadn’t even finished the outline before it knocked on the door. She laid her sketch-book and the pencil in the couch, got up and went to the door. She looked through the door spy and saw surprised that it was no other than Sungmin! And even with a guitar on his back! She opened the door.

“Sungmin-ssi! What are you doing here?” she asked with a surprised voice. He send her a smile.

“I… I wanna talk to you,” he said, “may I come in?” Mia nodded and stepped beside so he could enter.

“I… do you want anything to drink?” she asked. Sungmin nodded.

“If it’s not too much to ask?” he said with a smile, making her blush. She shook her head.

“If it was I wouldn’t ask,” she said and he chuckled. “You can just go to the living room. Hot chocolate or…?” Mia looked at him and he nodded.

“Sounds fine!”

Sungmin went to the living room and started unpacking his guitar as fast as possible. When he then sat down in the couch, he sat down on something. A book? He got up and removed it, revealing the un-done sketch Mia had started. Curious he switched some pages back and whistled impressed. There were some really good sketches in this!

“Want whipped cream?” Mia yelled from the kitchen, making Sungmin present again. He fast closed the book and laid it on the floor beside his feet.

“N-neh!” he yelled and lifted the guitar up. He had to get the timing right~ 

Just as Mia entered the room with two cups of hot chocolate, Sungmin the first chord and started singing.

“There’s no one like you, even if I look around it’s just like that, where else to look for?

A good person like you, a good person like you, with a good heart like you, a gift as great as you

How lucky that I’m the person who will try his hard to protect you, where else to look for?

A happy guy like me, a happy guy like me, the guy with the happiest smile like me…”

Mia almost dropped the two cups as she heard it. Sungmin had caught her gaze as he sang and as he neared the ending he got up and went to her. When he finished he leaned against the frozen figure and pecked her lips.

“Mia… I think I really like you,” he then whispered.

 

A/N: The song he sang was 'No Other' - just if you wanna know xD

So, I wrote this some days ago but I hope you like it anyway(what should the timedifference do anyways? =.=')
- I really at writing right now so this is going to be a random Author Note... sorry <.<'

Feel free to comment! :D Also feel free to check out some of my other stories *advertising* 

Thanks for reading~ And to my Unnie, SARANGHAE!!!! <3 :D

//Miji96