JR's Confession

The Sky of Love - HIATUS

 

There were streaks of orange and red on the sky and flocks of birds were flying across it. The sun was already half way down. Most of the kids at the park had stopped their games and went home as it’s getting dark. Ren was sitting on the swing at the park, with a strawberry popsicle in his mouth. He was wearing a black t-shirt, a pair of beige short baggy pants and a pair of green flip flops. He had his blonde hair tied up in ponytail like usual. He swayed the swing a bit with his leg, but it was only small movements that his feet stayed at one spot. He had his usually blank stare on his face, staring at the sky.

 

Suddenly, Ren felt someone or something stopped his swing from the back, making him startled. He looked up and saw Baekho was standing behind him and holding the swing’s chains. He has his usually wide smile on his face.

“Do you want me to push you?” Baekho wasn’t really asking because he actually pushed Ren’s swing before Ren could answer. He pushed Ren hard that the swing goes up high and Ren had to hold to the swing with his both hands tightly and closed his eyes. He wanted Baekho to stop but the popsicle in his mouth didn’t allow him to. Ren muffled as he tried to stop the swing with his feet. Baekho let go of Ren’s swing and laughed at Ren’s cute reaction.

“Yah, Baekho!” Ren finally able to stop the swing and took the popsicle from his mouth to shout at Baekho. His hair became messy and his lips were still wet and red from the popsicle.

Baekho eyes caught the red lips of Ren and he unconsciously, Beakho his lips. He was surprised by he just did but luckily, Ren who was busy tidying his own hair didn’t see it. He quickly took his eyes of Ren’s lips and sat on the swing next to Ren.

 

“Ren ah, I saw your name on the trip list. Are you really going?”

Ren fidgeted a bit. He stared at his own feet before replying short “umm..” not too loud but enough for Baekho to hear it.

“Why?” Baekho’s tone was gentle and assuring. From Ren’s reaction, he knew Ren didn’t willingly want to go, there must be something happened that forced Ren to go… most probably not something good.   

 

Ren didn’t answer right away. He stayed silent, started his popsicle again and stared into the space again. Baekho waited silently. After he had finished his popsicle, Ren bit his lips for a moment before finally talking.

“JR hyung… he said that he loves me”

 

*

*

 

Ren went to the school backyard to meet JR after the school ended. When he arrived at the promised place, he spotted JR right away. JR was behind the administrative block, leaning on the wall and staring at the ground. He didn’t notice Ren until he called him.

 

“Re…Ren.” JR stuttered when he saw Ren. He looked a bit nervous... or rather really nervous. Ren walked towards him.

“I thought you wouldn’t come” His voice was soft, different from his usual shouting or his punk-like-tone and Ren noticed a small smile on JR’s lips.

“Sunbaenim…”

“You should call me hyung.” JR cut Ren’s words as he looked straight to Ren’s eyes. Ren felt something was different today and he felt a bit uneasy.

“What is it, hyung?”

 

JR’s face turned red and he hesitated. His eyes looked everywhere but not at Ren and he had both of his hands clutched into fists. Is he going to beat me?, Ren thought. Then, JR inhaled some air into his lungs, trying to calm himself down and he finally raised his face looked at Ren. He hold both of Ren’s shoulder and slowly pushed him against the wall.  

 

“Ren, please don’t freak out” he looked extremely nervous and Ren was too. JR swallowed his saliva in his throat before continue.

“I… I love you”

Ren stared at JR with his eyes wide opened. He had a hard time processing what he just heard. He just couldn’t believe that he heard the word ‘love’ from JR and it was actually a love confession… to him.

Ren was speechless and maybe reaction-less too. He has never had anyone told him that they love him, not from a girl and definitely not from a boy. He didn’t know what to think, what to say or even how to react. It was too sudden for Ren and he felt suffocating. Ren opened his mouth to say something but his lips trembled and his brain can’t find words to be said.     

 

“Stop!” JR put two of his fingers on Ren’s lips. Ren was abit surprised but deep inside he was glad because he really don’t know what words will come out of his mouth.

“You don’t need to answer right away. You can take your time. I will wait for you” JR’s voice was gentle but Ren could felt his grip on Ren’s shoulder tighten.

“But please Ren... I really do mean it”

For the first time, Ren thought JR looked like he was about to cry.

 

After that, JR left first. He didn’t even dare to look back at Ren. Ren was.. there were too many feelings that got mixed up for Ren at that time; shocked, confused, scared, embarrassed, guilty, pity and some others that he didn’t know what were them. But one thing that he was sure; he felt uncomfortable and he needed time. He needed time to think about what just happened and how to face JR. But until then, he didn’t think he can face JR. Then, he remembered the trip. The trip to Jeju, far away from his school, from his village and from JR. Unconsciously, Ren went to the bulletin board where the flyer about the trip was pasted and wrote his name on the list.

 

I just need some time to think, Ren told himself.  

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Aish.... love story is really hard to write... I don't know if I was able to display the right emotions in the JR's confession scene >.<;

But JR really is sincere in his feeling towards Ren... he's the type that look tough on the outside but very gentle inside

 

next chapter, Ren, Baekho, Minhyun and IU will go to the Jeju Island!

They will be meeting students from SM High School, featuring Kai, 2min (Teamin & Minho), Seohyun and others XD

 

As usual, please comment and subscribe ^^