Chapter Nine

An Angel Cries

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

The sun hides its own light...

 

Kyuhyun blinked and closed his eyes finally. How much has it been? Days? Weeks? He doesn’t know, but now, now he was there, alone, just himself crying over the love of his life.

 

He wanted to stand up, to walk away, to shrug it off as he thought he could. But no, he was wrong, he didn’t even want to move, he didn’t have the energy to, it was as if his soul escaped along with Eunhyuk.

 

Eunhyuk… Kyuhyun smiled faintly, imagining the other’s brown eyes, his pink lips, his pale skin, everything that only him was allowed to see back then.

 

The smile disappeared though and he could only sigh deeply. What was he going to do now? He didn’t even have strength to go somewhere. Should he just kill himself? The idea was appealing.

 

Kyuhyun stood up weakly, not eating for a few days made every movement hard to do. He supported himself with the trees of the now lonely park, giving small steps, not really minding if he would reach any kind of destination.

 

He wondered, when was it going to be the day he would get persecuted to death? Because Kyuhyun knew Donghae wasn’t going to stay still.

 

Maybe he would send Sungmin again, or maybe someone else. This tie could be even Heechul the one that would like to get rid of him. Because now he was useless.

 

Time passed, Kyuhyun wandered around the place, going to some others, his lips murmuring Eunhyuk’s name from time to time, even without him realizing it. But it was okay, because that way he could feel Eunhyuk getting closer to him. As if they were together again.

 

Now Eunhyuk didn’t have to live under Donghae’s command, he didn’t have to stand being , being hit, killing when and not being able to sleep at night from nightmares. Now Eunhyuk wasn’t forbidden to smile like Kyuhyun had always wished him to.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled, doubting now that he ever saw Eunhyuk’s honest smile at least once in his lifetime.

 

The sun hid and it was cold, his thick jacked wasn’t enough to keep his pale skin warm. Kyuhyun gulped and got his eyes lost in the nothingness, looking up at the infinite. Clouds were starting to make its way to the sky, reflecting maybe what he was feeling, maybe the other way around.

 

The sky was mad but at the same time happy. Because Eunhyuk was finally free.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

“Ahhh!” Sungmin whined in pain as he was thrown into a dark place, cold and humid, lonely.

 

“Don’t complain Sungmin, I got you this place instead of the one Donghae wanted to send you,” Kibum warned, his eyes sharp and cold, just like Donghae’s. “You’re still alive, that’s already a win for you.”

 

Sungmin said nothing as he only closed his eyes and pressed his wound with his hand, as if that would lessen the pain. It was a relief though, when he noticed it didn’t open and it wasn’t bleeding.

 

Pain, he didn’t know about pain until the effect of the medications would go away, leaving him suffering.

 

His blond hair was now covered in sweat, his pink lips were swollen from the so many time he bit them in an attempt to lessen the pain. “Agg…” he curled his body against the cold floor, he couldn’t see correctly, he knew he had a fever but it was useless to have such information, because he could do nothing.

 

But the most painful thing was probably the memories, of Eunhyuk, of Siwon, even of Kyuhyun. The look in those eyes that screamed in pain.

 

Sungmin even thought Kyuhyun was suffering more than himself.

 

“I-Is there someone there?” A soft voice asked and Sungmin could only pant from tiredness. “Hello?” the voice talked again and even when Sungmin wanted to look up, he couldn’t.

 

Sungmin opened his eyes and the last thing he got the chance to look at before fainting from exhaustion, was a young boy reaching for him with a worried expression.

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

 

Sungmin opened his eyes and he blinked trying to adjust to the light, even when the place was dark. He tried to sit up, noticing he was lying in a soft material, maybe a blanket.

 

He failed though, miserably whining from the still pain he felt in his entire body. “Ah… are you awake?” Sungmin turned and saw the boy a little confused.

 

“Who are you?” Sungmin asked carefully, because even when he was wounded, he didn’t have to let his guard down. It was Eunhyuk’s teachings.

 

The boy smiled and Sungmin wondered, what was he smiling to? Because it didn’t seem as if the boy’s eyes were directed at him, or the wall behind. It was lost. “So you are awake!” the boy exclaimed, his smile getting wider. “I’m happy, you had a high fever for two entire days, I thought you would die or something…,” he continued and his hands started wandering around the floor, eyes staying in one only place.

 

Sungmin gulped. “You…,” he started feeling that painful sensation in his stomach.

 

“Here!” The boy seemed to finally have found what he was looking for and presented it to Sungmin.

 

Sungmin looked down and then up again to the boy. “What’s this?” he asked, of course he knew what it was, he just didn’t know the meaning of the action.

 

“Food of course, you must be hungry, after being so sick you must compensate your energy,” the boy said signaling Sungmin to take the plate from his hands. “My hyung would always puff me with food every time I went sick,” he smiled, maybe at the memories.

 

Sungmin gulped again, weakly receiving the plate from the boy’s hands. “H-Hyung?” he asked, already knowing who he was talking to.

 

The boy nodded, sitting down once again, out from the blanket Sungmin was using. “His name is Eunhyuk, I don’t really know how his face is, but I know he’s pretty,” the boy giggled. “Everyone used to say that when we lived together.

 

A painful sting pierced Sungmin’s chest hearing that, because in front of him was the reason of why Eunhyuk stood all those years of being suffocated, humiliated, obliged to kill when it wasn’t his own wishes, being , stepped on. “Have you… Have you seen him lately?” Sungmin asked curiously.

 

The boy laughed softly. “Nope,” he shook his head. “But maybe it’s because I can’t see anything at all,” he laughed softly, whole heartedly, only breaking Sungmin’s heart even more.

 

“I… I’m sorry…,” Sungmin looked down embarrassed.

 

“But I have met him,” the boy said smiling lightly. “Well, not really, actually, they bring someone else and try to make me think is my brother,” he continued. “But I know it’s not, ever since I was taken away from him I haven’t met him nor talked to him even once,” the now honest smile became bitter. “I know it’s not him, I can’t see, but I do feel, I memorized his face, his hands, I know every small feature of him, every special characteristic, my hands won’t ever lie to me…,” he nodded for himself. “But I know he’s fine, he’s really strong and cool, if I’m still alive only means he is as well, there’s no way they would keep me if he wasn’t…”

 

Sungmin bit his lower lip. “Ahh…,” he whined softly, the pain wasn’t as intense as before, maybe for sleeping complete days.

 

“Are you still feeling sick?” the boy asked concerned. “What is it that happened to you?” he asked and Sungmin just looked down.

 

“Just a simple fall, I think I twisted my ankle, but now it’s better,” Sungmin lied, not even wanting to worry the boy that would suffer even more from now on.

 

“Okay…,” the boy said softly, already sitting down again, his knees against his chest and his hands wrapped around them. “I’m Ryeowook by the way!” he exclaimed after a few seconds.

 

Sungmin smiled bitterly. “S-Sungmin…,” he said looking down, actually ashamed of being himself in front of the boy. “You have seem to have gotten used to this kind of life…,” he then commented, looking around and finding out they were now caged like some kind of animals.

 

Ryeowook shrugged. “I can’t even see it, so it’s okay,” he said. “Are you eating already? You must eat,” he reminded.

 

Sungmin sighed. “Yeah, thank you,” he finally said, grabbing the spoon and starting to eat the cold meals.

 

“Are you one of Donghae’s workers?” Ryeowook suddenly asked and Sungmin froze.

 

“I-I…,” what was he supposed to do? Sungmin was so ashamed he could probably not even be able to lie in front of the other. “I think I was…,” he mumbled silently.

 

Ryeowook nodded. “Did you meet my brother?” he asked, and Sungmin knew; there was a soft trace of hope in his voice.

 

Sungmin nodded, even when Ryeowook couldn’t see him. “I did,” he admitted looking down.

 

Ryeowook’s face brightened. “How is he?!” he asked happily. “Is he still cheerful as he used to? I can still remember his laugh! Does he still dance? Is he still into playing piano? I loved to sing along his notes!” Ryeowook chirped happily.

 

Sungmin gasped softly. Was Eunhyuk that happy? Was he ever cheerful? It was now impossible to even think about it. Because the only time he got to see Eunhyuk’s eyes, they were full of suffering, tired and suffocating, wanting to yell a million things to the world. And that only time he looked at those eyes, Eunhyuk was watching the love of his life, he was watching longingly and lovingly to Kyuhyun.

 

“H-He…,” Sungmin gulped nervously. “He’s great…,” he said sincerely. “He has taught me so many things about life…,” he confessed, because it was true.

 

“Woah, I wish I can see him soon!” Ryeowook exclaimed. How strong did the boy have to be for him to still have hope in that? How could he still smile so carelessly after so many years of being alone in a dark room?

 

“Have you been here alone ever since they caught you?” Sungmin asked, because maybe, just maybe, his parents would be somewhere in the building, living in the same conditions as that boy.

 

“Of course not!” Ryeowook exclaimed. “Sometimes Donghae’s workers come here, same as you, they are all sick or injured, some of them are nice and talk to me a lot, but some others just stay quiet and I just hear when they come get them…,” the boy pouted.

 

Sungmin’s face contorted into a sad expression, it wasn’t that they were quiet. It was that they died while being thrown away in that dark cage.

 

Sungmin bit his lower lip, unsure if he should ask the next question. “Have you umm… heard… of a couple? A married couple?”

 

“Couple?” Ryeowook tilted his head softly. “Ah!” he exclaimed with a bright smile. “There’s one! But they only give them about ten minutes to be together,” he pouted, Sungmin’s heart racing. “I guess their son caught Donghae’s attention?” he wondered out loud.

 

“Do you by any chance know their names?” Sungmin asked desperate.

 

Ryeowook pursed his lips in concentration. “I have always called them Mr. and Mrs. Lee…,” he said and Sungmin felt his body weakening. They were for sure his parents. “I guess Mr. Lee will come soon, usually, they bring Mr. Lee when the bell sounds six times, then they bring Mrs. Lee when the bell sounds three times and they leave them together for a few minutes, then, they take away Mr. Lee and such… I chat with them from here! They’re a really nice couple!”

 

Sungmin felt a knot in his throat, maybe he was going to get to see his parents finally. Maybe they could escape together. Maybe he could make Ryeowook’s life less miserable.

 

“You seem as if you had faith in Eunhyuk appearing again, to be coming back to you…,” Sungmin commented. It wasn’t his intention to be rude, but he was curious.

 

Ryeowook smiled softly. “He told me…,” he almost whispered. “He promised me that he would come and get me… and then we would both move away from here and start a new life together… that’s what he said and I believe in hyung’s words…”

 

Sungmin stayed quiet for a few seconds before opening his mouth again. “What if he doesn’t come? What f he lied to you?” he asked and it surprised him how Ryeowook shook his head.

 

“He will,” Ryeowook said. “He will come and get me, he promised. Hyung never breaks a promise…”

 

There were a few minutes of silence, Sungmin simply admiring the way Ryeowook believed in Eunhyuk, even when he wasn’t going to be the one freeing him. Maybe Donghae would order someone to kill him because Eunhyuk was no longer there. Or maybe he would use him as a toy as he sometimes threatened Eunhyuk to.

 

 “Ryeowook,” Sungmin called, frowning in determination and restrained anger. “I’ll get us out of here,” he promised. “I’ll set ourselves free.”

 

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•

•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•●•



 

 

A/N: Soo~~ I guess this story is reaching an end~ ^^

It was a short story ever since the beginning but I took too long to update so yeah…

Two more chapters maybe? Don’t know exactly… xD

Sorry for typos and grammar errors... ^^'

Thank you all for reading! (: