Appreciate and Develop your Imagination

Little Stories based on Quotes

"Kindness is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."

 

 

Lamp posts were flickering on and off. A blond haired boy was walking slowly, his hands hidden within his oversized jacket pockets. A long, thick infinity scarf was wrapped around his neck, yet he still felt cold.

 

It was just recently 'til the boy had lost his ability to hear. It was genetically determined. He was 20 years old right now, and his hearing abilities were starting to worsen when he just turned 19. Doctors said that the gene passed down on him contained presbycusis, an age-associated hearing loss.

They say deaf people don't talk or try not to because they sound weird, but upon people hearing this boy talk, they said he spoke perfectly fine. However, he feared that even his speaking would lessen and gradually become worse, but for now, he stayed optimistic.

He saw a tall man walking towards his direction with a white cane. He tried to walk past the man, but accidentally tripped over the cane. He cussed lowly as he fell down on all fours.

"Oh! I'm sorry!" The man said. "I didn't mean to hurt you..."

The blond looked up and noticed, despite the dim light, that the man was blind. Who was he to wander around by himself, with no-one to help him out?

 

"Hello?" The man repeated. The blond has been practicing lip reading when he just turned deaf, and he thanked his parents for hiring a teacher.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Taemin said slowly. "I'm deaf. I can read lips, so it must be no problem. Sorry for any misunderstandings, sir."

"You can speak very well for someone who lost his hearing abilities."

"I recently turned deaf... like, completely deaf."

"You have a beautiful voice. What's your name?"

"Taemin..."

"My name is Minho. Pleasure to meet you," Minho smiled. Taemin couldn't help but smile as well.

 

 

It was around 3 years ago since Minho and Taemin met. Normally, they would get discriminated, Minho especially. One wondered how the other looked like, while the other wondered how one's voice sounded like. Judging by Minho's appearance, he looked like someone with a deeper voice than average.

To Minho, Taemin's voice belonged to someone kind, caring and cute. The way the volume of the voice went up and down was adorable. He challenged himself mentally to a puzzle, putting pieces together, trying to figure out how Taemin would look like.

There was one time when Taemin hugged the older male, feeling the vibrations of Minho talking while his head was resting against his chest. Taemin tried to listen to him through the vibrations he felt, but it was futile. Utterly pointless.

 

The only thing both males could do was imagine, trust their instincts and feel. Taemin could see a kind aura hanging around the blind man,  sweet words flowing out of his mouth. He repeated the same words in his mind, but with a voice that seemed to fit Minho. Taemin smiled happily.

 

Minho trusted his hearing abilities. The puzzle was nearly complete. He fit in the last missing piece onto the puzzle. The image in his head was now clear upon hearing Taemin's laugh. The voice didn't belong to someone extremely manly and buff. No, instead, Minho imagined someone with a more gentle appearance. Gentle, and sometimes fierce. He imagined Taemin having a wonderful smile with physical features Minho thought was complementing his voice perfectly. He smiled happily.

 

They both learned the magic of imagining. Taemin could faintly hear the voice he programmed in his mind for Minho whenever the blind male was talking to him. Minho would imagine the face in various angles. If Taemin was right next to him, he would imagine his profile. If he could hear excitement, he would imagine his profile combined with a smile.

 

Yes, imagining was definitely wonderful. It can make the blind one see-, and the deaf one hear.


I might actually re-consider this and probably re-write as I get the feeling it had nothing to do at all... I mean, dude, it somehow seems more focused on imagination rather than kindess? Oh well.