Misunderstandings lead to anger and confusion

Little Stories based on Quotes

"Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It's a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you're hurt."

 

 

"GOD ING DAMNIT JONGHYUN!" Kibum yelled. He threw a complete tantrum, his face was red from anger. Jonghyun just stood there, surprised by the sudden action of his boyfriend. Had he found out?

"Key, I..."

"No, just... don't say anything," Kibum warned. He locked himself up in his bedroom. Jonghyun's, to be precise. He looked at the litlte dinosaur plastic figurines the blond has been collecting, most of them consisting of the carnivorous ones.

He heard banging from the door that he was leaning against. He let himself slide down and sat down on the floor.

"Key, please. Open up," Jonghyun begged. Kibum simply ignored his pleading and pulled his legs towards him, hugging them.

 

He remembered when Jonghyun confessed to him. How much he liked Kibum. How much he wanted Kibum.

 

How extraordinary Kibum was.

 

Over those past few years they've been together, Kibum noticed the little details of Jonghyun's actions. He would excuse himself a lot and regularly got calls around 8p.m.

Kibum acted like he knew nothing. A simple act that Jonghyun believed in. The blond would simply smile and rush his way out of the house, leaving his suffering boyfriend behind without any explanation, just a simple 'I have to go.'

 

"Key? Key! Answer me!""

 

'Key' was the nickname given to Kibum when they were together for a year. He would occasionally get simple-looking animal plushies, most of them being puppies. The floppy ears entertained Kibum a lot. He would play around with them as if the dogs had a ribbon on their head, or Kibum pretended they worked as rotor blades and let the puppies 'fly in the air'.

But now, the plushies were nothing more than junk. Trash.

 

"Key, please. Just answer me..."

 

It was dusk. Kibum went out late to quickly (and hopefully) get some grocery shopping done. He had completely forgotten to do so around midday due being busy cleaning the house and sleeping in due the tiresome duties.

He froze when he heard a familiar voice. It was Jonghyun's. The blond was there with another guy's arm wrapped around his.
That's where he misunderstood, but he always believed what he saw. Frustrated, he walked his way back home. No dinner for either of them.

Yes, Kibum was pretty much melodramatic when it comes to situations like this. It was one of the personality traits Jonghyun had to deal with, and he thanked God that Kibum almost never acted like that.

 

The banging on the door stopped as well as Jonghyun's pleading. Kibum slowly lifted up his head. He heard he faint sigh coming from the other side, the footsteps replacing the silence. He heard a door close and waited for a good 5 minutes. He then got up and carefully opened the bedroom door, his eyes scanning the living room in search for any sign of his so-called 'boyfriend'.

Once he thought it was safe, he got out, closing the door behind him. He sighed. His face wasn't as red anymore. He headed towards the kitchen to get some nice, cold glass of water. He drank it down in one go, the cold feeling travelling from his throat towards his stomach.

 

"Key...?" He heard a voice calling out. He froze when he heard his nickname.

 

, he came back quickly, Key thought. Trying to hide was pointless. He heard the sound of Jonghyun's shoes hitting the ground become louder. Kibum didn't dare to turn around once the sound had stopped, knowing Jonghyun was behind him.

"Key, thank goodness," Jonghyun said. He stepped forward, wanting to hug Kibum, but the boy quickly got out of his arms once he felt those amazingly muscular arms wrapped around his waist.

"Don't ing touch me, you ," Key hissed. Jonghyun gulped at those words, not daring to say anything back to the angry devil that was standing in front of him, trying to calm down from the recent event.

 

There was a long silence. Kibum wanted Jonghyun to get out of his sight, yet none of those words escaped his lips.

"Key... please--"

"I want to break up, Jonghyun."

"What?!" Jonghyun said, his voice volume raising. Kibum thought he imagined a hint of obvious shock and disbelief in the blond's voice, and he believed it was just his imagination. What he wanted to hear.

"Key, what do you mean you want to break up? Please don't do this to me, I ---"

"Jonghyun, shut up. It's over," Kibum snarled. He walked his way past Jonghyun. He was sick of the blond's 'mysterious' actions the past few months, and explanation was not necessary. He furiously opened the front door once he put on his shoes. Just his shoes. No jacket to keep him warm during this cold night.

"Oh," he said, noticing a small boy in front of him. He shrugged it off and walked past the boy just like he did with Jonghyun, not caring about anything. It was the same boy that clinged to Jonghyun's arm, yet he said nothing about it.

The smaller boy was obviously confused. He shrugged and entered the house, closing the front door. He heard sobs coming from the kitchen and rushed his way there, his heart breaking at the sight he was seeing.

Jonghyun collapsed on the floor on his knees, his eyes red and puffy. The blond noticed the smaller boy looking at him.

"Oh... Taemin," he tried to say. Taemin smiled faintly and patted Jonghyun's back.

 

"Let's call off the surprise party for Ke--- Kibum. It's not necessary anymore."