A NOT SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

A NOT SO HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

 

That was the wrong answer; I should never have gone that day...it the most amazing but painful day that I wish to forget but I can’t.

That was three years ago...it was my 18th birthday. He was my best friend. We shouldn’t have gone. We should just stay at home.

That day, like every birthday I had since I met him, we celebrate it together. Sometimes we watch a movie, play at the arcade and he would even throw a surprise birthday party for just me and him. I didn’t realise it until that day that I was in love with him. He had always been there for me; he’s kind, sweet and a sometimes little dorky.

So back to the story, we were on our way to the bowling centre after watching movies. It was raining heavily and he was the most careful driver I ever met, he was like driving 10 to 15 km/h on the 60km/h street. The cars behind us were honking like crazy. So it took us about 45 mins to reach the place and it was just 15 km away. Okay...then at the place he lose big time... he was awful at bowling and hated it when I win but he just can’t throw away his ego to beat me... after one last game we headed to the arcade it was my most favourite place..I know I sound like a total boy, movie, bowling, arcade...oh...I forgot one thing we went to the go kart track and I also look like one too, short blonde hair, flat chest, boy style clothing. Some people even thought I was real a boy.

Back again...we were there for almost 3hours before heading to the go kart track and there is when it happens. We were racing each other... trying to win a bet which if any one of us loose have to pay for the food we were going to eat. Suddenly his kart went berserk. His brake didn’t work and he seems to lose control of his wheels. His kart flips and hit the tire walls. He was thrown to the track and hit his head. I stop my kart and yell for help.

He got sent to the hospital, I followed him in the ambulance. I never let go of his hand, tears running from my eyes, I kept screaming his name but his eyes were closed shut...his body was bruised and he got blood gushing out of his ribs and head. When we reach the hospital, they quickly sent him to the surgery room. I can’t seem to stop my tears from falling. I sat on the floor and bury my face on my knees. My cries turn to screaming, and back to little tiny sobs. His jacket was with me. I hugged it tightly, hoping he wouldn’t leave me. Hoping he would come back. I was scared. My body is shivering when my mom came. She holds me close to her telling it was going to be okay. He was in the surgery room for almost six hours. I stop crying when I was too tired and it was too painful to cry and I eventually fall asleep. When the doctors came out, mom woke me up. They said the surgery was successful but he was still unconscious. When he didn’t wake up for about 2 weeks, they announce that he was in a deep coma and may also be brain dead but they have to wait for a few month to make sure.

I waited by his side for four months. I cry every day wishing, praying he would just wake up but knowing seung hyun he would never approve of me crying, he once said if I wouldn’t stop crying he would never see me again, so I stop. They said that if I come by every day, talk to him, hold his hand, he may respond to it but he didn’t. One day, they decided to unplug him, saying that there is no more hope. I begged them to let me stay with him for a few more days so I can say good bye. The last few days I didn’t go home, I stayed by his side, begging him to just open his eyes and don’t leave me alone. When the last night arrive, I slept by his side holding his hand and I whispered to him

 “Choi seung hyun, I am sorry, I should have said this before but I love you. Please don’t leave me, you’re my best friend you promise that you’re always by my side are you going to break that? I’ll hate you for the rest of my life if you break it. So please Wake up... please don’t leave me, I beg you”

Tears fall from my eyes as I fall asleep. The following morning, the doctors came to stop the machine. Suddenly I saw his finger moved and his eyes were flickering, I thought I was imagining it but I was so surprise when he calls my name. “Chaerin ah~”

 I fall on my knees holding my tears when he call me again.” Chaerin ah~ where are you?”

The doctors couldn’t belief, it was a miracle. I crawl to his bed and hold his hand. He opens his heavy eyes and laughed.

He said “ya~ I dreamt about you...you look different...how long was I asleep?”

“Ya~ you lazy head...why did you slept for so long? I was bored; I even grew my hair...see...”

My voice cracked from trying to hold my tears. He smiled at me and chuckled. He said he was tired and fall back to sleep. I his hair and kiss his cheek. I whispered I love him and was about to let go of his hands when he grip my wrist tightly and ask me not to let go.

 

 

 

The next day, he was back to the energetic little dwerp I know and love. He told me that when he was asleep, he dreamt about me. In his dream, I was crying and telling him to wake up. He couldn’t break the promise so he fights so hard to open his eyes. I cried when he told.

“Ya~ when did you became a cry baby? I told you before right...grr... you don’t want it to come true do you?”

I smiled, wipe my tears and I hugged him. Then he said he also heard me whispered to him before he woke up. I was so surprised that I push him away.

“N...No... Y...you didn’t...I...If you did what did I say?”

“Well... you said that you love me and you’ll hate me if I broke the promise”

“W...what? I...I didn’t...said that...you must have dreamt about it”

My face so burning up when me suddenly pull me and hugged me

“Babo~i know you said it... I love you too. I’ve been in love with you since I met you 7 years ago. You’re just too stupid to realise”

“Ya~ I’m not stupid...and how would I know that...I thought you just like to hang out with cause I look like a boy.”

“That’s what I love about you... you always care for comfort more than looks”

“Thank you... I love you”

“I love you too”

Then he held my face and kissed me on my lips lightly. We laughed at first but we kissed again.

A few days later, he came home.

 “Chaerin ah~, I think you should cut your hair. You look like a girl...ahaha...”

“Hey~ I am a girl...find I’ll cut it...”

“Ya~ jagiya~ don’t be mad... I was just kidding... you look beautiful always.”

_______________________________________________________________

so...this is my first fanfic..i had post others before but deleted them cause i cant finish them..

i hope i get feed back from this..to who ever read this thank you...smiley

- AJ Mc'Pridelaugh