Cherry Blossom Date

Cherry Blossom Date

 

                “What do you want to do for our anniversary?” Eli asked his sweet boyfriend, Kevin, who is currently sitting on the couch with Kiseop’s bunnies in his lap.

                “Um, anything you want.”

                “Can’t you be a little bit more specific?”

                Kevin stifled a laugh. “You know me, I’m up for anything. Why don’t you just surprise me?”

                “Really?” Eli said, jerking his head back. “You’re letting me plan this date?”

                “Yeah. Go ahead and knock yourself out with this one.” Kevin said, lifting one of Kiseop’s bunnies and kissing its little nose. Eli smiled at Kevin’s adorableness. Alright, he’s got the reins of the date. But what can he do with it?

                He turned to see Kiseop tapping on his iPad. Eli smiled. It’s time to consult the high priest of romance.

The Day

                “Where are we going?” Kevin asked. He was blindfolded and dragged into a van (at least he thinks it’s a van. It’s moving and it has an engine, from what Kevin can hear). Eli said he had a surprise planned out, but he could’ve at least told him where they were going.

                “If I tell you I’m ruining the surprise.” Eli said. Kevin pouted, and Eli kissed his boyfriend. Kevin’s frown turned upside down with just one kiss.

                Finally the van stopped moving. Eli took Kevin’s hand and guided him down. Eli took off Kevin’s blindfold and Kevin looked all around him. They were on a dirt road with trees lined up on both sides. The dirt road seemed to go on forever and ever. Kevin craned his neck but he couldn’t tell where it was going and where they were for that matter.

                “What’s going on?” Kevin asked.

                “At the end of this dirt road is one of the most beautiful things you have ever seen.” Eli said, holding Kevin’s hand. The weather was getting slightly chilly.

                “You could’ve asked the van to drive us all the way in.”

                “Where’s the fun in that?” Eli said. He walked to one of the trees by the dirt road and fished out a bicycle. “What’s one of the things you have always wanted to do when we first started dating?”

                Kevin smiled. “Ride a bike with you.”

                “Then get on. We got a dirt road to travel.” Eli said, pulling Kevin’s hand. Kevin was light, and to Eli that was definitely an advantage. “Hold on tight, okay?” Kevin wrapped his arms around Eli. “Wanna listen to some music?” Kevin offered as he fished out his iPod. Eli nodded and Kevin put one of his earbuds in Eli’s ear. The pair started off as Busker Busker’s Cherry Blossom Ending played on.

 

You, you, you, you

Today, let's walk together on this street
How is this lullaby that you hear on this night?
I hold hands with you, whom I didn't know
As we walk together with this unknown trembling

* As the spring wind blows
The scattering cherry blossom petals
Spread out on this street
As we walk together

 

            As Eli cycled on, Kevin was pretty glad they didn’t drive all the way. His arms wrapped around the man he loves, soft music playing, winds blowing, birds singing, sun shining….this day was absolutely perfect. Eli was right, this was way more fun.

                On the way, the couple passed by a lake. Eli paused and got off the bike. “Lunchtime.” He chimed. Lunch was specially prepared by Eli, and Kevin gawked at the sight of a perfectly laid out picnic basket by the lake.

                “How did you..”

                “Long story to that. Sit down and eat.” Eli said. Lunch was delicious as Eli prepared his infamous cream pasta and other dishes. Kevin ate to his heart’s content. Eli was always a good chef, but the fact that he prepared this for Kevin on their special day made it so much more special.

                After lunch, they got back on the bike. The dirt road was coming to an end, and Kevin dropped his jaw and squealed. Right before them was the most beautiful field of cherry blossom trees ever. Spring is here and the pink flowers were in full bloom. It was the most beautiful thing Kevin has ever seen.

                Kevin literally hopped off the bike and ran into the field, squealing with joy. The wind blew and some cherry blossoms started to fall. Eli smiled widely. It was a sight to behold, his beautiful lover in the midst of all the falling pink flowers. He couldn’t decide which was more beautiful, the flowers or the smile on Kevin’s face.

                “This is gorgeous!” Kevin breathed. He ran and grabbed Eli’s hand. “We have got to see the whole field!”

                Eli and Kevin walked around the whole field, arms around each other, with the scattering cherry blossoms. Finally they got tired and sat under one of the cherry blossom trees, admiring the beautiful flowers.

                “Best date ever huh?” Eli asked.

                “Yes, and you are the best thing ever.” Kevin said.

                Elvin kissed for the hundredth time. What’s better than cherry blossoms in the spring than love in spring?

When the wind blows, my heart sounds to pound without knowing
When the wind blows, from way over there, I keep seeing you
When the wind blows, my heart sounds to pound without knowing
When the wind blows, from way over there, I keep seeing you

There are many lovers who are in love
There are many unknown friends
There are many scattered cherry blossom petals
I like it


A/N: This is nothing more than shameless fluff that will probably make you have a toothache...XD. Inspired by Busker Busker's Cherry Blossom Ending, both the song and music video. I suggest you read while listening to the song, cause I wrote it while listening to it! Haha..