White Day Confessions - Shinwoo's Confession

B1A4 Ver. 2.0: Humanoid Robots

 

Shinwoo took me down one of the less travelled streets in the neighborhood. It was a long stretch of cemented road, eventually leading to a small hill overlooking the sea. The trees on either side of the street provided some amount of shade, though here and there the sun broke through the canopy, marking little beams of light and warmth along the way.

The air was cool, the temperature pleasant, and I leaned against Shinwoo’s broad back. Our gentle motion actually made me feel sleepy, but I forced myself to stay alert. The last thing I wanted to do was end up in a hospital, full of fractures, just because I fell off a bike.

“The weather’s gorgeous, isn’t it?” Shinwoo asked.

“Mmm…”

I heard him chuckle. “Are you sleepy?”

“No,” I answered, but then I yawned involuntarily. “Well, maybe a little,” I admitted.

“We’re nearly there, so hang on, okay? I don’t want you to fall off or anything.”

My thoughts exactly. I deliberately tightened my arms around his waist, and heard him laugh softly.

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

“Thank you so, so much,” I said as I watched Shinwoo spread a huge blanket on the grass. We were already on top of the hill. We found a huge tree with lots of shade, and that was where Shinwoo decided to set our food—well, my food, since he didn’t eat. Shinwoo refused to let me do anything, so I just sat and nibbled on a piece of bread as he methodically set out the dishes he’d prepared. “I didn’t even notice it was past lunch time already.”

“It’s not much,” he said, by way of apology. “I can’t cook as well as Jinyoung, or even Sandeul.”

I took a piece of kimchi pancake. “Are you kidding? This is delicious.”

He just watched while I ate, coaxing me every now and then to try a dish, or leaning over to wipe my mouth with a napkin. I had long since learned not to be weirded out by such actions.

A short distance from us were a couple of people flying kites, and Shinwoo suggested we try them out. I actually had a lot of fun, even though I wasn’t a physical sort of person. It took us several tries to get the kite flying, but it was all worth it, especially when we watched it soar above us, navigating the skies like an expert flyer. We went back to the tree when I got tired, and we contented ourselves by watching instead.

Being with Shinwoo usually meant I could rest and relax and let my mind wander. He wasn’t much of a talker, as was I, but the long silences between us was never awkward. He was usually calm, seemingly sure of himself and everything around him, a characteristic I really admired. Whenever everyone’s tendency was to panic, his was to sit and think of what should be done.

I leaned back and closed my eyes. The warm spring weather was working on me, and the mingled scent of flowers and grass, as well as the rhythmic sound of the waves crashing on the shore lulled me to sleep.

 

……..

 

I slowly became aware of someone’s fingers running through my hair. I blinked a few times, trying to remember where I was. Then I sat up. I had been leaning on his shoulder, and I didn’t even notice.

“You’re awake,” Shinwoo said softly.

“I’m sorry,” I apologized as I tried to fix myself. “I didn’t mean to fall asleep.” I got the idea now. I was supposed to spend time with all of them. And I slept through the entire time I was supposed to be with Shinwoo.

“It’s okay, I knew you were tired. Do you feel better now?”

I nodded. A gentle breeze had picked up, and it blew strand of my hair all over my face. Shinwoo reached out and brushed the wayward strands away, tucking it neatly behind my ear.

“And anyway, you woke up just in time.” He helped me stand up, then quickly fixed the blanket, as well as the picnic basket. He put them away before turning to take my hand. We walked to the water’s edge.

It was already sunset. He wrapped an arm around my shoulder, pulling me in so I was partly leaning on him. We watched the sky change colors, a glorious array of pink, yellow, orange and blue, like a wonderful watercolor painting. On the opposite side of the horizon, the moon was beginning to appear, a silver crescent in the ever darkening sky.

 The sun was almost gone, and right in that moment, with both the sun and the moon looking at us from opposite sides, Shinwoo turned to me, placing both hands on my shoulders so I was facing him. He looked at me, smiling softly, before finally leaning in. I don’t remember closing my eyes, so maybe they closed on their own. I felt his lips, warm and soft on my forehead. It seemed a long time passed before he pulled away, and he looked down, as if suddenly shy because of what he did. He bit his lip, clearly debating whether or not to say something.

“I…I lo-… I lo-“ He sighed and shook his head. “I like you, Mi Ra.”

We went back to the house, and he held my hand while we went in. It wasn’t until Baro appeared on the stairs, complaining that we were late, that he spoke again.

“These are for you,” he said as he handed me a jar full of gummy bears. “Happy White Day, Mi Ra. You looked beautiful with the wind in your hair.”

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Holy shizz.

I don't understand Japanese or Korean, so I kinda based this off the drawing but CNU's dating plan happened to be similar to Shinwoo's confession in this fic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_DaSMldz5U&feature=player_embedded

I don't know how to put videos so I just gave the link.

There's a picnic and a tree and a blanket and the wind and so on.

I must somehow be in sync with Dong Woo.