Glacé Cherries

Pillow Fights and Glacé Cherries

”Look at me” crooned the rich, sinful voice, as its owner’s persistent hands turned his face, forcing him to look directly into the younger’s eyes…his deep, lust-filled eyes…like melted dark chocolate. He felt a soft kiss on his ear and heard a whisper “wake up, hyung.”

 

“Wake up, Leeteuk-hyung!” said the voice again. Leeteuk’s eyes snapped open and he was confronted with none other than the man who starred in his…dream, hovering over his body on all fours. “Siwon-ah?” Leeteuk was extremely worried. What if he had said something in his sleep?! He gathered, from Siwon’s next comment, that his face was flushed: “Why are you all hot? I bet you caught a fever last night. I’ve told Manager-hyung that the heater…broke down. It’ll get fixed today,” Siwon said reassuringly, his eyes full of care and concern, as he gently Teuk’s warm cheek. Just then, they heard the door open, both turning their heads towards it. It was Heechul, snooping about as usual, with toothbrush in hand. Siwon quickly repositioned himself to sit beside Leeteuk; however, Siwon wasn’t embarrassed in the slightest: everyone knew about his skinship tendencies. Only he knew that this was different…

 

“Maybe you should lock the door next time,” Heechul snickered. Leeteuk mustered up his authoritative voice, despite the fact that he was only a few days older than the man that stood smirking in the doorway. “There’s no need to,” he said with directness. Heechul began a reply which was no doubt laced with the intention of embarrassing the two: “Clearly-” “Maybe you should knock next time, eh?” Siwon interrupted. “Hey. I’m older than you!” the intruder exclaimed, slamming the door shut and storming off. Siwon shrugged, dismissing the awkward situation, walking across the room. “Do you need to take the day off?” Siwon enquired in a low voice, with his back to elder, looking out the window. “No, I’m fine…thank you,” Leeteuk insisted truthfully, getting up. He was perfectly fine, if not a little shaken by his vivid dream…it was so strange. Siwon didn’t want him like that. Surely…

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

1 week later…Leeteuk finished his schedule a little earlier than usual, as his last job was to check up on a younger group and see how they were going…easy enough. The week had went past as the weeks usually did…nothing special. There were a couple of mini-repeats of the original pillow-fight episode from earlier on…and Siwon had asked him for a kiss on-stage two nights ago. Just fanservice, of course, Leeteuk reminded himself. He had, essentially, spent the whole day thinking about…Siwon. Not a minute went past in the entire day when Leeteuk did not think about Siwon. He was ashamed…because he knew that the other didn’t feel the same way. Still, he was sure of it: he was…in love with Siwon. He had never felt like this with anyone else. Maybe he had been in love with Siwon all along and never realised it. He pulled his scarf tighter around his neck, and pushed on against the wind. He was on his way to the bakery: to buy a decadent chocolate mud cake decorated with delectable chocolate icing and topped with his favourite glacé cherries…the second most thought-about thing of the day.

 

By the time he got back, most of the other members were already home. It was unusually quiet, and the lights were dimmed. Maybe they were trying to play some prank on him…or scare him; it wouldn’t be the first time. He held the cake box tightly in case someone jumped out at him wearing something hideous enough to make him drop it. It was quite expensive, after all. He sauntered over to the kitchen and greeted Ryeowook, who was washing the dishes religiously, and asked him what was going on. “Shh, Leeteuk-hyung! I’ve just got everyone to be quiet…don’t start anything!” Ryeowook warned, then added “Manager-hyung has given us the first half of the day off tomorrow! You should go and relax.”  Leeteuk nodded. “I bought us a cake,” he said proudly, cutting a slice for Wookie and the turtle who had sidled up next to him. “Cut it bigger, hyung,” Yesung advised solemnly.

 

Where is he? Leeteuk’s heart started beating faster, as he approached the living room…where he saw Siwon sitting on the couch, reading his newspaper, in a very suave manner, like he did nearly every night. Leeteuk quietly slipped past and wandered down the hall, tracing the wall with the fingers of his free hand, then knocked on the first door to his right. “Come in!” he heard, then opened the door to see Shindong, Sungmin and Donghae lazing about, reading comics and surfing the web respectively. “Hello Leeteuk-hyung!” Sungmin greeted him sweetly, getting up to give him a hug. The other two chimed in and acknowledged his presence. “I bought a cake,” he announced for the second time that night, as he suddenly became more interesting to the other two. “Save some for Siw…the others,” Leeteuk scolded, as the expected squabbling over who got the larger-by-a-fraction piece commenced.

 

As Leeteuk turned to leave the room, he was confronted by a spatula-wielding Ryeowook, leaning in the doorway. Leeteuk stepped out of the room from beside him, but was shepherded further down the hall. “You should do something, Leeteuk-hyung,” said Ryeowook, with a serious aura about him. “Uh...where’s Heechul-ah?” Leeteuk asked, peering over the other’s shoulder with a great feigned interest. He knew what Ryeowook was trying to talk to him about…Leeteuk did notice the other observing him closer than usual all week. “He’s in the bathroom. Don’t ignore me, hyung!” Ryeowook demanded.  Wookie is always bossy, but never this forceful…quite unlike him, Leeteuk mentally established before adding, “and I think Hyuk is still at the practice room...” glancing at his watch for good measure. As his gaze drifted upwards, it locked onto the other’s unimpressed expression. “Yes?” Leeteuk enquired meekly, raising an eyebrow. Ryeowook began, “It’s no use denying how you feel. You can’t avoid him forever-”  “I don’t know what you’re talking about, Wookie-ah,” Leeteuk denied. “Yes, you do. I’m talking about Siw-” “Okay! Alright!” Leeteuk said hastily; he added in a quieter voice, “B-but…I…what if he doesn’t feel the same w…I…I mean, I know he doesn’t-” Leeteuk stuttered before being cut short by the too-wise eternal maknae: “I know he does. But he’s probably scared and confused, just like you are, I’m guessing. You’re the leader, Leeteuk-hyung, and you should...well, you should take the lead; you’ll never know if you don’t try.” Ryeowook suggested nonchalantly. How does he know everything? So embarrassing…Leeteuk thought as he nodded, embarrassed, but grateful.

 

Leeteuk apprehensively approached the softly-illuminated living room, where only the lamp next to the semi-occupied sofa was lit. He sat down timidly on said couch a few feet away from the dark-haired man, who looked up, at the change in pressure. “Good evening Leeteuk-hyung,” Siwon addressed him with a small smile, uncannily like an old man with the newspaper in his hand, “How was your day?” he asked.  Without thinking properly, Leeteuk whispered hoarsely, “I bought a cake,” his throat clenching up. “Oh?” Siwon said, looking back down at his paper. “Don’t you…want some?” Leeteuk pressed disappointedly, opening the lid. “Yes please…” came the half-reply, as Leeteuk transferred a piece into a bowl, “…only if you give me a kiss,” finished the younger, tapping his cheek. “But I’m giving you the cake, not the other way around,” Leeteuk stated, flustered, handing him the bowl and giving him a quick peck on his smooth cheek. Siwon closed his eyes happily, placing a spoonful of the rich cake in his mouth.

 

A few moments passed in tense silence, with only the clinking of spoon against bowl to be heard. “Yuck!” Siwon broke the silence brusquely. “I hate the cherries,” he declared aggressively, not wanting to swallow the foul thing. “Give it to me, then,” Leeteuk said, feeling somewhat hurt. Siwon’s disgust for the sickly-sweet piece of fruit in his mouth quickly evaporated:  He’ll eat the cherry I just half-regurgitated? How sweet, he thought, holding the cherry between his lips and reaching up with his thumb and index finger. Suddenly, Leeteuk grabbed Siwon’s wrist and closed the gap between them with his lips. Leeteuk pulled away quickly with the cherry, chewing it furiously then swallowing it, all whilst shutting the lid of the cake box. He wasn’t going to say it. Not tonight. Not ever.

 

“I...I love you.” 

Siwon moved towards Leeteuk, his knees sinking into the sofa, as he waited, fearfully, for Leeteuk, half of whose angelic face was cast in shadow, to look at him. The few seconds passed painfully slowly...

 

What… Leeteuk’s breath hitched in his throat…did he just say... As soon as Leeteuk turned his head, he felt a strong, tender hand on the side of his face, another on his neck…then a pair of soft, full lips that pressed gently against his own…sending a shock jolting through his body. It took every last ounce of willpower for Leeteuk to pull away, lips ablaze, heart pounding. The two gazed into each other’s eyes with such intense passion; there had been no mistake. Leeteuk reached up and clasped his trembling fingers behind Siwon’s neck, pulling him in closer, finally returning those powerful little words: “I love you, too.” Siwon didn’t hesitate to capture his lips in another sweet embrace, more forceful than the last, parting the other’s lips with his tongue. Leeteuk moaned into the kiss as it became more intense, letting it strip from him every worry in the world, moving his hands up through Siwon’s thick, soft hair-

 

“WOAH!” Kyuhyun exclaimed loudly, stumbling into the living room with wide eyes, headset around neck and controller in hand. “woah…” echoed Yesung, in a whisper, sending the stack of games in his little hands tumbling to the ground. Leeteuk and Siwon quickly jumped apart, cheeks flushed and hair dishevelled. Before another soul could witness their love that night, the younger swiftly carried the blushing leader past the gawking members into their bedroom. This time, Siwon made sure the door was locked.

__________________________________________________________________________________

 

THE END. So what did you think!? PLEASE please please comment ^-^ Here's a chocolate cake <3 In case you got hungry ;)

choc_cake2.gif