First meeting

Coup de foudre?

 

It was dark and he shivered due to the coldness of the night. He increased his pace as the surroundings did not seem safe. He was mentally cursing himself for having not brought a jacket with him when leaving this morning. He came to an halt when he heard noises coming his direction.  It was a young couple which was quarrelling. If he had heard well, the girl was accusing the boy of going out with his friends too frequently and not caring about her.  He continued to walk when the other boy bumped into him. They both fell down, the other boy on top of him.

When their eyes met, Hyukjae was mesmerized by the other’s beauty. He stayed on the floor dumbfounded when a voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

“Hey! Are you ok?” , said the worried boy. He went on apologizing but Hyukjae did not hear more than that as he was drown in those dark warm eyes.

It was only when the girl started to nag upon the fact that the other boy wasn’t paying attention to her that Hyukjae snapped out of the spell. “Such an attention .” , thought Hyukjae.

He sighed when the other boy left, chasing after the girl who was faking to be hurt by the other boy’s action.

Hyukjae stood up and continued his way back home wondering if he will be able to see that handsome stranger once more. He felt asleep with that thought and wake up the next morning feeling depressed since the chances of seeing him again were far from being favorable.

He ate breakfast and prepared his stuffs to go to work. At the school gate he sighed as being a teacher requires him to be patient and sometimes some students just get on his nerves.

In the office, the secretary rushed towards him and began to flirt with him. He sighed mentally. “When will she get it that I am not interested with her? Haven’t I already told her that I am not interested in women? Aish…”

A knock interrupted his thoughts and he fidgeted when he heard a familiar voice. It was HIM.