When it was over.

You'll never know. [Hiatus]

chapter threeWhen it was over.

 ...Yoonsung found it hard to concentrate when Nana's hand closed around his own, lacing her fingers with his to stop his hand from shaking. Her hand, was so warm against his own ice-cold skin that he was surprised she didn't flinch when their skin came in contact.

But, then again, there were a lot of things she did that surprised him.

"It's all over." She whispered with a tired smile.

Her soft brown eyes were sparkling with a happiness he had not seen in a long time- a peaceful triumph. Everything was so hazy; his head was buzzing with so many questions- the truth of what had just happened had not yet registered in his brain- and he did have a migraine. But, he forgot all of that, in a single moment as she reached up on the tips of her toes, to kiss him...

 

LEE YOONSUNG woke up frustrated yet again. For the past week, since his most recent kiss with Nana, he had been plagued with memories of all of their shared kisses. This time he had remembered their first kiss after the revenge. It had been awkward for a few days afterwards, so in the end they both decided not to rush into something they weren't ready for.

Now things were different. Their most recent kiss had set him on edge. He couldn't sleep properly, couldn't be in the same room as her without having unnecessary thoughts -it was complete and utter torture. But pride would have it that he couldn't tell her how much she affected him. No. Instead, he had resorted to teasing her at every chance he got. And that would have been fine, except that Nana had caught on to his own game. She had been appearing out of no where in one of his shirts, walking around in a towel after forgetting to bring her clothes into the bathroom, showing off those long slender legs and tying up her hair so he could see the curve of her neck -the one he had sweetly kissed not so long ago. He groaned. She was not making it easy.

"Yoonsung...you awake?" came a soft whisper, right next to the entrance to his bedroom.

Speak of the devil.

"No. I'm asleep." he grumbled, after calming down from his momentary panic. The door opened and Nana stuck her head in, glaring at him. Although it was supposed to be menacing, it just made her look cute. He then mentally slapped himself at that thought.

"You are awake. Don't be childish." She chided, looking miffed at his attitude.

"Childish?" He scoffed, getting up. "Who asks if someone is sleeping or awake? What type of question is that?" he scolded, doing his best to look frustrated. "Aish, this woman...I'm really speechless." he insisted, pushing past her into the kitchen.

"YAH! Yoonsung!" Nana yelled after him. "Are you PMSing today? eh?"

Yoonsung nearly choked in surprise.

Indignant, he turned around to face her again, "Did you look in the mirror today? How can a woman not comb her hair in the morning? Your bedhead is horrible to look at." He shot back. "I think my eyes are scarred."

It was a complete lie. She looked every bit tempting to him in nothing but an oversized, button-up shirt. Her hair was strewn everywhere -one could easily deem it as hair if it weren't for the circumstances. In fact, all he had been thinking about for the past five minutes was running his fingers through that smooth hair of hers, the feel of her lips on his every time they kissed and- Damnit. He had to stop thinking like this.

Kim Nana puffed her cheeks in annoyance. "So rude. I've never met anyone like you." She grumbled.

"Likewise." Yoonsung retorted.

It was moments like this that differed from the tension-filled, near kisses they had experienced before. Their arguments were a way of venting their frustration from the game of push and pull that they had started a week ago. Both of them however, had too much pride to admit it.

"I'll take my leave first." Nana said, exasperated. Before he could say anything else, she headed for her bedroom to make herself look presentable on her first day working at a local bookstore.

As soon as the door shut, Yoonsung huffed in frustration.

"Why- She-" He started, not able to finish his thoughts. "Aish! So annoying..." He said, running a hand through his hair. "That woman is going to be the death of me."

Behind the bedroom door, Kim Nana smiled.